The Little Mermaid WW

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.



**************************
tenor.gif

****************************
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Getting super suspicious of AM, and will elaborate in the morning, when I'm in a better frame of mind, just wanted to put this out there in case I end up deaded because I accidentally revealed my suspicions to AM in PM.
 
because I accidentally revealed my suspicions to AM in PM.
Special version of a rojo :thinking:

Man there was a tie and I was too passed out to really appreciate it! Not being the one to die in the tie doesn't necessarily make pip suspicious - plenty of ties are actually broken by game mechanics instead of both players being deaded, and in a smaller game I can see the mods being nicer with ties.
 
For the record, my avatar change doesn't reflect my role at all. Just thought it would be fun - I typically go for blonde avatars that are sexy and slightly insane, so for the Little Mermaid, who better than Ursula?
 
Oops. I forgot the game started. Got so used to not playing with all the mods in school.

I also wrote ten thousand words today and avoided the internet, so that's the other problem. Will do more better tomorrow.
 
N1:

Is the writer a part of the story? Followers of the New Criticism literary school would say no; authorial intent is not relevant. Their work should be analyzed completely divorced from their own biography. Psychoanalytic critics, on the other hand, say that literature is closely entwined with the writer's psyche. Some people say that The Little Mermaid is HCA's most biographical work - psychoanalytic critics would certainly agree.

And so would the geniuses John Neumeier and Lera Auerbach, who choreographed and composed the San Francisco Ballet's production of The Little Mermaid. Neumeier made HCA a character in his own story. Hans is the Poet. He follows his characters around on stage, often watching in wonder, or horror, at the events unfolding. Hans is in love with the Prince, but cannot have him. The prince in this ballet was inspired by Edvard Collin, who HCA was in love with but who did not return his affections, and who married just before The Little Mermaid was written. Neumeier explores the torment and personal sacrifice that HCA experienced in his own life, and applies it beautifully to The Little Mermaid.

920x920.jpg


Sadly, Hans' pain and torment is not over. After being added so late in this game, someone saw fit to remove him last night.

@Karabiner13 , Hans Christian Anderson, who was currently neutral, and who had the literary power to alter one aspect of the game.


Why did such a beautiful light in this world have to suffer and be snuffed out so tragically?

image_336.jpg

What have they done to you, Hans? *sob*

While we mourn Hans, let's welcome back @kcoughli from the dead!
It is now Day 2. Lynch ends at 7 pm PST/9 CST/10 EST

There are 16 players remaining.

Roster

1. @Trilt
3. @Coopah
4. @Melchizedek
5. @Animal Midwife
6. @rabbott1971
7. @SportPonies
8. @LetItSnow
9. @kcoughli, The Sea King/Triton - ?
10. @WildZoo
11. @nohika
12. @Crayola227
13. @StayingPositive2017
14. @finnickthedog
14.5. @PippyPony
15. @DVMDream
16. @Flim Flam Man

Dead

14.75. @Karabiner13, Hans Christian Andersen
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Special version of a rojo :thinking:
More like I wasn't thinking straight and shouldn't have grilled AM as much as I did in PM.

You lived! Please go on...
So it seems I have...

I want people to weigh in about this because I'm having a hard time piecing this together:
AM was the first one to remind me that Nohika hadn't checked in when I made Nohika a viable lynch candidate. Meanwhile AM was still voting Nohika. If AM were really worried about Nohika getting lynched from my vote, she could've moved her vote or unvoted, but she did neither. When I asked her about this in PM, the response I got was "because I suck." and "I don't know whether to break the tie..."
I have a strong history of misreading AM but this is just too prominent in my mind. Its making me think AM is scum, so I need people's opinions.
 
I'm going to be playing a lot less aggressively (obsessively?) than I usually do because of aforementioned biochem/metabolism exam. So here's a couple of things for now; likely won't be on much again today.

- I was blocked last night, which I feel like was a village move given that I was the other tied person. I'm gonna guess sebastian is our blocker, just based on the movie.
- FWIW, my ability is super minor (although cute), so I am not really worth blocking, but also am fine with not getting to use my ability for a couple of days if you keep feeling like I'm sketch 😉
- Knowing Kara's role makes a few of her comments make a lot more sense lol
- Between KC and Kara, we now know that there are book characters (whether there's duplication, like with the sea king + triton, that I'm not sure of), and probably at least one more "original" 3rd party if Kara was late added as 3rd party. I also know there are movie characters. (Hint hint.)

Ok so some reads/specific player comments:
- I don't love that Crayola's been quiet, given that she participated a lot when she was dead in STLs game.
- IIRC, it's normal for FFM not to post that much, but I'm not a big fan of low participation in general, so i wouldn't mind pushing on him a bit during early game
- Mel is being kind of alarmist; I know some degree of that is normal but it's weirding me out a little (what else is new).
- I'd like Sporty Spice to explain why she's voting for me -- if it's just because I thought Kara's comments were weird and she didn't...then I don't think that's great reasoning to lynch someone. Based on contingency lynch, seems like she immediately jumped to assuming I avoided lynch instead of just having the mods break the tie (for the record, I agree with whoever said that it makes sense for the mods not to kill both players in a small game like this). Idk - doesn't sit quite right with me, but also not enough for me to vote there right now since she's kinda noob.
- Where tf is Coop
- It's the weekend, so hoping to hear a bit more from DVMD over next couple days
- Dubz acting normal-ish I guess
- LIS honed in on exactly why I thought Kara's comments were weird, village point for that
- Finn's acting normally cagey in PM

Lynch crayola

(Not for the avatar, for the record.)
 
Is this what you're talking about?

Because that didn't bother me anywhere near as much as the Captain Obvious comment she made about you late adds:

That does kinda ring weird.

On the fence. I'm kinda leaning towards changing my vote to Kara now.

For the record, no -- I was not bothered by the numbering system comment. I was bothered by the same comment you pointed out, for the same reason. Plus the "I've enjoyed modding with her in the past" and "see what's cooked up for this game" - idk they just sounded kind of fluffy to me.
 
idk, those both sound like things AM would say regardless of affiliation. Is that what you want opinions on...? I'm not sure I'm understanding your point here.
I'm just trying to brainstorm if AM had other motives behind staying on the Nohika vote, while giving me a reminder that Nohika didn't check in. Coopah hasn't checked in/deemed me worthy of opening a PM so I can't get her take on it privately.
Barring that, I'm also looking for a reason to avoid tunneling on AM yet again.

To be fair, AM did subsequently put Kara back on my radar, which was solid seeing as how Kara flipped neutral.
 
Seems third party to me. lynch pips

Where did you get 3rd party from, btw? Were you implying you thought I am 3rd party? Because now knowing that Kara was, this kinda seems like something wolves would be speculating about with the late adds.

And @LetItSnow do you want to elaborate on why you think it would be "likely" that there would be another wolf added to the game from a numbers perspective? Because from a game design angle, I don't think it would be a slam dunk guarantee that Kara would be added as 3rd party and I would be added as a wolf, meaning no one would be added as a villager.

IMO the people who are jumping to that conclusion are either not really thinking that through, or they're purposefully trying to use it to build suspicion.

Ok gonna go learn about triglycerides while i stress-eat a candy bar.
 
I'm going to be playing a lot less aggressively (obsessively?) than I usually do because of aforementioned biochem/metabolism exam. So here's a couple of things for now; likely won't be on much again today.

- I was blocked last night, which I feel like was a village move given that I was the other tied person. I'm gonna guess sebastian is our blocker, just based on the movie.
- FWIW, my ability is super minor (although cute), so I am not really worth blocking, but also am fine with not getting to use my ability for a couple of days if you keep feeling like I'm sketch 😉
- Knowing Kara's role makes a few of her comments make a lot more sense lol
- Between KC and Kara, we now know that there are book characters (whether there's duplication, like with the sea king + triton, that I'm not sure of), and probably at least one more "original" 3rd party if Kara was late added as 3rd party. I also know there are movie characters. (Hint hint.)

Ok so some reads/specific player comments:
- I don't love that Crayola's been quiet, given that she participated a lot when she was dead in STLs game.
- IIRC, it's normal for FFM not to post that much, but I'm not a big fan of low participation in general, so i wouldn't mind pushing on him a bit during early game
- Mel is being kind of alarmist; I know some degree of that is normal but it's weirding me out a little (what else is new).
- I'd like Sporty Spice to explain why she's voting for me -- if it's just because I thought Kara's comments were weird and she didn't...then I don't think that's great reasoning to lynch someone. Based on contingency lynch, seems like she immediately jumped to assuming I avoided lynch instead of just having the mods break the tie (for the record, I agree with whoever said that it makes sense for the mods not to kill both players in a small game like this). Idk - doesn't sit quite right with me, but also not enough for me to vote there right now since she's kinda noob.
- Where tf is Coop
- It's the weekend, so hoping to hear a bit more from DVMD over next couple days
- Dubz acting normal-ish I guess
- LIS honed in on exactly why I thought Kara's comments were weird, village point for that
- Finn's acting normally cagey in PM

Lynch crayola

(Not for the avatar, for the record.)

Thanks for that, I guess.

As for why I was so quiet - I forgot the game was starting, and I'm notorious for weird hours, staying up many hours in a row, and then sleeping it off. I, no joke, slept for around 14 hours and didn't get going on SDN until around the time of my post about my avatar change.

I would never be so obvious by changing the amount I post. I'm not that stupid. I have a reputation for mouthiness on every part of SDN and in WW games. The amount I post is only affected by IRL stuff and never by role.

OTOH, in the last WW game by STL, people felt that my *content* of posts made me pretty transparent. So I guess I can't claim that the feel of my posts doesn't give anything away. But if you lynch me for being quiet, you will only be lynching me for being asleep or busy.

Lastly, I know something about the "blocking" move. It was indeed villagery.

I'm actually getting ready to go back to sleep, if you can believe it. So I won't be around to defend, or to elaborate on what I know. I'll try to check back in but we'll see.

Despite always yammering, I always play with my cards close to my vest, if you can remember in the STL game I was actually just as closed-lip about who I protected one night, even as a dead bodyguard. So I'd rather not give away how or who I know did the villagery move.

At this point, I'll need to contingency lynch Pippy

Because I need to stay alive, they have a vote, and I don't like being voted for. Plus already on my sketch list for surviving the tie. Sure, blame the mods.

I will say that while Mel is always alarmist, I too found him a bit sketch. But his observations can be useful so without having more suspicion I'm holding off on him.
 
Where did you get 3rd party from, btw? Were you implying you thought I am 3rd party? Because now knowing that Kara was, this kinda seems like something wolves would be speculating about with the late adds.

The third party comment was just a feeling, seemed more like Kara was third party than wolf based on her language in that comment.

And @LetItSnow do you want to elaborate on why you think it would be "likely" that there would be another wolf added to the game from a numbers perspective? Because from a game design angle, I don't think it would be a slam dunk guarantee that Kara would be added as 3rd party and I would be added as a wolf, meaning no one would be added as a villager.

IMO the people who are jumping to that conclusion are either not really thinking that through, or they're purposefully trying to use it to build suspicion.

Ok gonna go learn about triglycerides while i stress-eat a candy bar.

I thought one of the two late adds would be a wolf and one a villager. So now that kara is third party, seems like you are probs villager? Also this is my first game so i was just trying to use reasoning rather than blind guess since i have no funny vendettas from previous games. I probs didn't think it through once i thought she was third party, rookie mistake.
 
Dammit, I just can't help myself from commenting. This is why I should not play these games when I have IRL stuff to do.

Is this a vote? I’m very confused since there wouldn’t be any contingency votes since the cycle’s already playing
when a mod points out something weird about a weird post, does it make it more or less sketchy? 🤣

The third party comment was just a feeling, seemed more like Kara was third party than wolf based on her language in that comment.

I thought one of the two late adds would be a wolf and one a villager.
Ok I get the rookie thing, but do you see the potential issue here?

If you were a wolf, you would know that she was not wolf --> she is either 3rd party or village. And wolves would probably try to be eliminating 3rd party (which they did by killing her, so it seems they agreed with you, hence why I am saying that this would be something that would be top of mind for wolves).

Then there is incongruity with saying you thought that one of us would be a wolf and one would be village, but then voting like you think one is actually 3rd party and the other is a wolf. But it sounds like you get that part.

Tell your manator to step it up 😛

So now that kara is third party, seems like you are probs villager? Also this is my first game so i was just trying to use reasoning rather than blind guess since i have no funny vendettas from previous games. I probs didn't think it through once i thought she was third party, rookie mistake.
Dingdingding!

FYI wolves, it'd be kinda dumb/lazy to push my lynch today. Like, I get why I would look like an easy target with the tie, but 1) that's pretty weak (don't you think there would have been something in write up if I had avoided lynch because of ability?), and 2) imo Kara flipping neutral makes it a loooooot less likely that I would have been added as a wolf. So, maybe think about that for a hot second before voting for me. If you do get me lynched, then I hope it comes back to bite you on your furry wolfy butts when people realize you went for a seemingly easy lynch target who is highly likely to flip village based on game balance.

I'm not going to defend too hard because vet school has sapped the fire out of me (and also it's D2, so lololol what am I going to defend with). But I voted yesterday and today based on feels that I justified with my own reasoning, I gave some prelim reads today, I gave some minor ability/role info, and I'm trying to question logic that doesn't make sense. All such wolfy behaviors. 🙄

Ok. If I come back on here before going through at least 3 lectures, please yell at me.
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
- I'd like Sporty Spice to explain why she's voting for me -- if it's just because I thought Kara's comments were weird and she didn't...then I don't think that's great reasoning to lynch someone. Based on contingency lynch, seems like she immediately jumped to assuming I avoided lynch instead of just having the mods break the tie (for the record, I agree with whoever said that it makes sense for the mods not to kill both players in a small game like this). Idk - doesn't sit quite right with me, but also not enough for me to vote there right now since she's kinda noob.
- Where tf is Coop

"Sporty Spice" is probably one of the cuter things I've been called on here, haha

To clarify: the lynch was/is not for the fact that you thought Kara's comments were sketchy. I thought the premise of one of the late-adds being a non-villager was a good thing to run with, especially on the first day when we don't have much else to go off of, and I didn't get turned off by Kara's posts enough to justify jumping on that train.

As far as the contingency lynch, I wanted to see what would come of taking one of the late-adds out. I'm mentally waffling on that vote now that Kara was wolf-killed and showed up neutral, but I do also have some other things I'd like to sort through before I completely revoke that vote. Your statement of "I agree with whoever said that it makes sense for the mods not to kill both players in a small game..." reads odd to me in a way, just because you said previously that you were saved by the mods and not an ability. I don't know if I'm overanalyzing the statement or not, but it just seems strange that you would mention something like that again after confirming you were mod-saved. Would definitely like someone else's opinion on that bit.

For the record, Dubz (I think it was her) did state that after I already made the contingency vote, and that's something I hadn't considered prior to making my vote, so it definitely is something I'm taking into consideration.

----
Also, where tf IS Coop?

----
I got some weird feels from Mel yesterday- I'd have to dig out some quotes. But it sounds like that might not be unusual for him(?), so at this point, I ?????

-----

Pippy, you've also made a good point about SP's statement yesterday, and that's not something I would've caught on my own. Maybe I'm just stupider than the rest of you, but I feel like I wouldn't have drawn conclusions like SP did in my first game without some extra wolfy knowledge.
I think he's more of a
tumblr_nxbbyxoHKq1smcqifo1_250.gif
until I have a question, but that's cool cuz at least it's me playing then feeling like i have to listen to someone all the time.

And I'd like to see some better defense than this deflection here. SP, you may be a noob (like I'm one to talk), but give me a reason you would've drawn those conclusions as a villager.
 
Oops I quoted myself instead of editing the original post to comment about Coop being gone/commenting before I posted my comment. Sorry about that. Don't think I can delete it, by the looks of it.
Nah you need to be a paid member or something, you can edit it and remove the quotes but all in all no harm done 😀! I'm glad you're playing again Sporty I missed you.

Also you have a good idea Lynch StayingPaws until someone tells me not to with good reason
 
I'd like to hear more from @Flim Flam Man today because I thought his vote for the mods was a joke, but he ceased to return after that.
 
Last edited:
Day 2 You Want Thingamabobs? I got 20- Lynch Tally

Pippy (1)- Sporty
Crayola (1)- Pippy
Paws (Staying Positive) (1)- Coopah

3 /16 voting. Lynch close in 7.66 hours at 7 pm PST/9 CST/10 EST

8022dc1c0a4edb9605e7fd60ccd1f53e.gif
 
And I'd like to see some better defense than this deflection here. SP, you may be a noob (like I'm one to talk), but give me a reason you would've drawn those conclusions as a villager.

See below:

t's possible just there are likely mechanisms in place to make it harder to find them like Hook seering as Darling in Peter Pan and Johnny Snow changing how people seer in Dr. Horrible. We'll just have to wait and see what's been cooked up for this game though

As for the late adds being wolves, anything is possible with PBC including being added as village or 3rd party

This just seemed like it was coming from someone who wasn't a villager (like implying she had special ability), but it didn't sound defensive enough to be a wolf.

So basically this is a RNG vote?

What is RNG?
 
See below:



This just seemed like it was coming from someone who wasn't a villager (like implying she had special ability), but it didn't sound defensive enough to be a wolf.



What is RNG?
I can buy that you though it didn't come from a villager but how do you figure not defensive enough to be a wolf? You are sketchy friend
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Haven't fully caught up. Wanted to include a gif of Triton being turned back into a merman from the weed person thing but couldn't find one.

I'm alive! Also

###Lynch trilt###

Laments about not realizing I was already accumulating votes when she voted for me then doesn't bother to change it and I go down. Fishy as Flounder (but less innocent)

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
 
ALso i think this will be mainly based on the book (I didn’t know there was even a book). The main baddie from the movie isn’t a wolf.
 
Day 2 You Want Thingamabobs? I got 20- Lynch Tally

Pippy (1)- Sporty
Crayola (1)- Pippy
Paws (Staying Positive) (1)- Coopah
Trilt (1)- KC

4 /16 voting. Lynch close in ~6.5 hours at 7 pm PST/9 CST/10 EST

8022dc1c0a4edb9605e7fd60ccd1f53e.gif
 
The third party comment was just a feeling, seemed more like Kara was third party than wolf based on her language in that comment.

I thought one of the two late adds would be a wolf and one a villager.

lynch staypaws

Because of this ^ incongruity that pippy pointed out and I'm thinking there's possibility of it being a noob wolf slip up.