The Little Mermaid WW

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

For now, I'm going to

Lynch Crayola

because even after Pippy mentioned she quieter than normal, she still ghosting today.
 
See below:

This just seemed like it was coming from someone who wasn't a villager (like implying she had special ability), but it didn't sound defensive enough to be a wolf.

Sorry, I'm still just not buying this.

For now, unlynch Pippy and lynch SP.

I'd also like to see what some of the quieter players have to say once they get out of work/studying/whatever. We haven't seen a lot of the veterans today yet.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Unofficial Day 2 You Want Thingamabobs? I got 20- Lynch Tally

Pippy ()-
Crayola (2)- Pippy, AM
Paws (Staying Positive) (3)- Coopah, finn, SP
Trilt (1)- KC

6/16 voting. Lynch close in ~5.5 hours

8022dc1c0a4edb9605e7fd60ccd1f53e.gif
 
Ehhhh. I'm iffy on the "n00b wolf slip-up". It could be (HTGAWM, anyone?), but it also could be an overly eager newb. And I'm hesitant to lynch the overeager newb right away.

Does anyone know how many games Paws has followed (if any)?
 
Ehhhh. I'm iffy on the "n00b wolf slip-up". It could be (HTGAWM, anyone?), but it also could be an overly eager newb. And I'm hesitant to lynch the overeager newb right away.

Does anyone know how many games Paws has followed (if any)?
I read two speed games after they were already played. Never played mafia. My first post in future WW games thread was when I first learned about this game. So like late September
 
Ehhhh. I'm iffy on the "n00b wolf slip-up". It could be (HTGAWM, anyone?), but it also could be an overly eager newb. And I'm hesitant to lynch the overeager newb right away.

Does anyone know how many games Paws has followed (if any)?
Also what does htgawm mean?

Edit: Nevermind, I found which game this is.
 
Last edited:
Ehhhh. I'm iffy on the "n00b wolf slip-up". It could be (HTGAWM, anyone?), but it also could be an overly eager newb. And I'm hesitant to lynch the overeager newb right away.
Yeah. Note that despite my long post about the logic stuff, I'm not voting there because I feel like new player should get like, a couple days to actually play before we demolish them.
 
Haven't fully caught up. Wanted to include a gif of Triton being turned back into a merman from the weed person thing but couldn't find one.

I'm alive! Also

###Lynch trilt###

Laments about not realizing I was already accumulating votes when she voted for me then doesn't bother to change it and I go down. Fishy as Flounder (but less innocent)

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
This is utter BS lol. Why would I change my vote? It was still based on my legitimate thought, just I probably would have let the pressure stay from other people and put my focus otherwise if I'd noticed. You didn't really defend - and I know you had a **** day, so I'm glad you got a rez 'cause I like you as a player - but I don't move unless I have reason to. You know this about me.

Mel immediate flip flop based on my comment about PBC's lit love is ringing a little alarm bell. But otherwise give me a few to get a beer or two in and actually read since last night. Busy day .
 
Wondering if Coop & SportPonies would be so obviously coordinated if both wolves. Sport Ponies picked up on me wondering where Coop was, said something about it, then Coop votes the same way that Sporty Spice is voting (with a "me too" vote). Idk. The interaction/playing off of each other there was a little weird.

Not really liking the overall amount of piggybacking that SportPonies is doing, actually. A lot of echoing voting logic/suspicions that have been initially put forth by other people; not very much independent analysis. Considering moving my vote there.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Lastly, I know something about the "blocking" move. It was indeed villagery.

Despite always yammering, I always play with my cards close to my vest, if you can remember in the STL game I was actually just as closed-lip about who I protected one night, even as a dead bodyguard. So I'd rather not give away how or who I know did the villagery move.

Just want to point out that I don't know if you can really characterize this as good secret-keeping if you're basically saying the blocker is you or whoever you can PM with (either Paws, or wolfy brethren if wolf)

Also, if you have to say "villagery" twice...🙄

Think I'm still ok with this vote. Mel + SportPonies also high up on the sketch-o-meter for me right now.
 
Wondering if Coop & SportPonies would be so obviously coordinated if both wolves. Sport Ponies picked up on me wondering where Coop was, said something about it, then Coop votes the same way that Sporty Spice is voting (with a "me too" vote). Idk. The interaction/playing off of each other there was a little weird.

Not really liking the overall amount of piggybacking that SportPonies is doing, actually. A lot of echoing voting logic/suspicions that have been initially put forth by other people; not very much independent analysis. Considering moving my vote there.
I actually almost feel proud you think I'd be that brazen of a wolf haha.

I didn't think I was piggybacking all that bad, but maybe I'm not putting down what's in my head as well as I should be. Now that I'm back from my errands, I can go back and find the comment(s) (can't remember how many there were) that put me off about Mel yesterday.
 
Okay, Mel analysis:

Page 1: looootta fluff. Which, to be honest, on its own is not all that wolfy, in my opinion. But there's not a lot to take from the first page besides that on him/her. (While we're on the subject, @Melchizedek, are you a lady or a dude?)
Page 2: Ah yes, here we go.
Lynch Nohika

I'm not a fan of D1 Lynching someone who fought to get into the game*, especially now that we know the whole number thing is just PBC being PBC.

*I KNOW I KNOW. Asking to be put into the game has nothing to do with being village or not, but if one/both of them is wolfy then we'll see it soon.

Mhmm I saw, but isn't this her usual MO? It might be the gin hydration making me sentimental, but I want to let Kara and Pippy play at least a little while for making a stink about not getting signed up.

As far as these two, I just feel like Mel's kinda pushing the "let's be nice to the late-adds so they can play," a little too far. I also acknowledged a little bit of bleeding heart syndrome myself on page 2, but Mel should know WW is WW and sympathy is spread thin.

I also find it odd that Mel mentioned, "I want to let Kara and Pippy play at least a while," not all that long after lynching (and later unlynching) Kara:

Lynch Kara
Something about this #14 business irks me, and Kara, what makes you think there's source besides the movie?

ETA: Ninja'd by Pips.
If you really feel that strongly about letting them both play for a while, wouldn't you not lynch either of them to begin with?


Mel also unvoted for nohika 20 minutes before lynch close, and then didn't end up voting for anyone at the end of the day??? Unless I'm totally missing something, but I don't think I am. S/he even posted an unofficial lynch tally his/herself but didn't put in their own vote.
Day 1 Mel Ain’t Nothin but a Gold Digger Unofficial Lynch Tally

KC (3)- Finnick, Trilt, Rabbott
SportPonies (1) - DVMD
Nohika (2) - AM, Kara
Coop () -
Pippy (3) - LIS, SportPonies, StayingPositive
Kara (2) - Pippy, WZ


11/17 voting
Check ya votes!
Lynch closes in 20 mins at 7/9/10 pm PT/CT/ET.

I can almost see both Pippy and Mel both being wolves- Mel putting in a vote for KC would've made her sketchy if Pippy got lynched later on and came up wolf, and Mel putting in a vote for Pippy would've meant killing a fellow wolf.... so by avoiding voting, s/he avoided both bad scenarios.

Regardless of whether or not they're both wolves, I do think Mel has been playing a weird game thus far.
 
Earlier today, after I made my lynch vote for her, I was also wondering whether it's worth lynching SP today, whether that would be really worth my vote right now. I smell some wolf with her, but a noob wolf is bound to slip up again (I know I certainly did, playing as a wolf in my first WW game ever), and that'll be easier to catch than with a more seasoned player.

But dropping one wolf out of the game, noob or not, is one less wolf ability we have to worry about, and for that reason, I think I'm gonna keep my vote where it is right now and look at Mel closer tomorrow. But I'd be be fine seeing either one lynched tonight.

Has Mel played any other games in the past?
 
Earlier today, after I made my lynch vote for her, I was also wondering whether it's worth lynching SP today, whether that would be really worth my vote right now. I smell some wolf with her, but a noob wolf is bound to slip up again (I know I certainly did, playing as a wolf in my first WW game ever), and that'll be easier to catch than with a more seasoned player.

But dropping one wolf out of the game, noob or not, is one less wolf ability we have to worry about, and for that reason, I think I'm gonna keep my vote where it is right now and look at Mel closer tomorrow. But I'd be be fine seeing either one lynched tonight.

Has Mel played any other games in the past?

So, if I'm understanding correctly, Pippy, Mel, and Paws are the wolves?
 
Unofficial Day 2 You Want Thingamabobs? I got 20- Lynch Tally

Pippy (2) - Crayola, FFM
Crayola (2) - Pippy, AM
Paws (Staying Positive) (3) - Coopah, finn, SP
Trilt (1) - KC
Mel (1) - Paws

9/16 voting. Lynch close in 1 hour

8022dc1c0a4edb9605e7fd60ccd1f53e.gif
 
Last edited:
So, if I'm understanding correctly, Pippy, Mel, and Paws are the wolves?
I wouldn't draw a concrete conclusion like that right now since we've heard basically nothing lately from LIS, WZ, FFM, and many others who could potentially be wolves. But with what we have to work with, those three are the ones highest on my suspicion list at the moment.

Paws in general is giving that weird vibe on her own, and if Mel comes up wolf at some point, Pippy would be my next move due to that weird voting thing Mel did.
 
Been mobile all day, sorry for absence. Will catch up soon.
Lynch Rabbott for making the tie last night.
 
Why not lynch them today if you're so sure they're a wolf?



You.
Me flipping to lynch Mel right now would make a three-way tie, and that's just ridiculous. Like I said previously, I'm fine with seeing either Mel or Paws go tonight, but as it is, I'd rather see one of the two be a surefire lynch tonight rather than leaving it up to the mod gods as to who dies in the three-way.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Me flipping to lynch Mel right now would make a three-way tie, and that's just ridiculous. Like I said previously, I'm fine with seeing either Mel or Paws go tonight, but as it is, I'd rather see one of the two be a surefire lynch tonight rather than leaving it up to the mod gods as to who dies in the three-way.

But three of the four are your suspects...
 
Unofficial Day 2 You Want Thingamabobs? I got 20- Lynch Tally

Pippy (2) - Crayola, FFM
Crayola (1) - Pippy
Paws (Staying Positive) (3) - Coopah, finn, SP
Trilt (1) - KC
Mel (1) - Paws
rabbot (1) - Mel
SP (2) - AM, DVMD

11/16 voting. Lynch close in 30 minutes

8022dc1c0a4edb9605e7fd60ccd1f53e.gif
 
I haven't felt skeeved by Crayola yet, and judging by my luck on multiple-guess questions, I don't think it'd be smart of me to chance losing someone I'm not suspicious of right now.

Why doesn't Crayola worry you? She's hardly checked in. The chance of her dying out of the other three is only 25% anyway.
 
Unofficial Day 2 You Want Thingamabobs? I got 20- Lynch Tally

Pippy (3) - Crayola, FFM, rabbott
Crayola (1) - Pippy
Paws (Staying Positive) (3) - Coopah, finn, SP
Trilt (1) - KC
Mel (1) - Paws
rabbot (1) - Mel
SP (2) - AM, DVMD

12/16 voting. Lynch close in 15 minutes

8022dc1c0a4edb9605e7fd60ccd1f53e.gif
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Why doesn't Crayola worry you? She's hardly checked in. The chance of her dying out of the other three is only 25% anyway.
Crayola's hardly checked in, but you could say that for a lot of the players right now. LIS and WZ have been gone since yesterday, we haven't seen Coop since the couple of posts this morning (or early this afternoon? I've lost track of time), FFM and nohika have had relatively few posts... if that becomes a pattern for one of them, then I'd say we've got something justifiable, but not on D2 only.

Crayola's told us she works on weird hours, so I'd like to see what she comes back with tonight after said absence, if anything.
 
Crayola's hardly checked in, but you could say that for a lot of the players right now. LIS and WZ have been gone since yesterday, we haven't seen Coop since the couple of posts this morning (or early this afternoon? I've lost track of time), FFM and nohika have had relatively few posts... if that becomes a pattern for one of them, then I'd say we've got something justifiable, but not on D2 only.

Crayola's told us she works on weird hours, so I'd like to see what she comes back with tonight after said absence, if anything.

So you're willing to vote for players who post over quiet ambiguous players?
 
Gotta be at least one more wolf?

Hook seering as Darling in Peter Pan and Johnny Snow changing how people seer in Dr. Horrible
There was a role for changing a person's seering (possibly multiple) in PP, too. It may have been one of PBC's faves and we may have killed it N1. :eggface:
Oh if that was a valid line of questioning, then I got nothing.
Unlynch Kara
^very quick waffle on not much justification imo.
Idk. Quick read through, something felt iffy about kara. I can't explain it.
lynch karabou even though I love her so.
Hmm. Votes to lynch someone who is quite good at reading her on fairly shoddy evidence d1... :thinking:
She picked one of the 2 tied people.
Or we have a tie breaker. Or the last one to get a vote. Or someone's vote counts x2. There's basically a bajillion ways ties can be handled.

Pip reads village-y to me with analysis and questioning today.
Despite always yammering, I always play with my cards close to my vest, if you can remember in the STL game I was actually just as closed-lip about who I protected one night, even as a dead bodyguard. So I'd rather not give away how or who I know did the villagery move.
And that was a ****ing pain in the ass tbh. Not giving away is correct action at this time, but honestly wasn't necessary to be said to begin with unless they're under pressure.
Ehhhh. I'm iffy on the "n00b wolf slip-up". It could be (HTGAWM, anyone?), but it also could be an overly eager newb. And I'm hesitant to lynch the overeager newb right away.

Does anyone know how many games Paws has followed (if any)?
I think I just always want to lynch you...
Some people mentioned the book being a possible inspiration for the game and I found the whole thing here.
👍
Okay, Mel analysis:

Page 1: looootta fluff. Which, to be honest, on its own is not all that wolfy, in my opinion. But there's not a lot to take from the first page besides that on him/her. (While we're on the subject, @Melchizedek, are you a lady or a dude?)
Page 2: Ah yes, here we go.




As far as these two, I just feel like Mel's kinda pushing the "let's be nice to the late-adds so they can play," a little too far. I also acknowledged a little bit of bleeding heart syndrome myself on page 2, but Mel should know WW is WW and sympathy is spread thin.

I also find it odd that Mel mentioned, "I want to let Kara and Pippy play at least a while," not all that long after lynching (and later unlynching) Kara:


If you really feel that strongly about letting them both play for a while, wouldn't you not lynch either of them to begin with?


Mel also unvoted for nohika 20 minutes before lynch close, and then didn't end up voting for anyone at the end of the day??? Unless I'm totally missing something, but I don't think I am. S/he even posted an unofficial lynch tally his/herself but didn't put in their own vote.


I can almost see both Pippy and Mel both being wolves- Mel putting in a vote for KC would've made her sketchy if Pippy got lynched later on and came up wolf, and Mel putting in a vote for Pippy would've meant killing a fellow wolf.... so by avoiding voting, s/he avoided both bad scenarios.

Regardless of whether or not they're both wolves, I do think Mel has been playing a weird game thus far.
SP kinda disappeared as a wolf in the last game she played as such, I feel more villager-y for her following her actual commentary today.

Kinda feeling a Dubz lynch but let me see what has updated in the last half hour while I read...