The Off Topic Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Cocaine was incorrectly classified as a narcotic by the US government, but we all know they're right even when they're wrong... so narcotic it remains.

Yeah, Plus it sounds a lot more druggy that just Local Anesthetic.....

Members don't see this ad.

I just realized that I had the 1500th post in this thread.

Members don't see this ad :)
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITT6bYYGVfM[/YOUTUBE]

oh man i nearly fell out of my chair, hahahah :laugh:

If any of you out there have a Palm Pre, you need to get the homebrew apploader called filecoaster, then load the app called Drugview. This is honestly the fastest and most useful drug reference I've ever used. Type in a drug and it will access your choice of Epocrates, drugs.mobi, wikipedia, or mims usa. The drugs.mobi is the best one...but I'm telling y'all....this is the ****....download it now.

Here's a video of the program in an emulator (with the Pre, it's obviously a touchscreen without a little mouse pointer...) I'm in nerdtastic new reference love:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPmaU8cJGfc[/YOUTUBE]

And because its homebrew, it's F-R-E-E. My God I love this damn phone and the legion of home brew app writers it has spawned...

Last edited:
You have never seen he likes of this.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7oGx2dImE8[/YOUTUBE]

Today I found out that my brakes don't work as well as they are supposed to work and the guy in front of me found out that an object in motion stays in motion until acted upon by an outside force lol.

I lost my car wreck virginity!

If any of you out there have a Palm Pre, you need to get the homebrew apploader called filecoaster, then load the app called Drugview. This is honestly the fastest and most useful drug reference I've ever used. Type in a drug and it will access your choice of Epocrates, drugs.mobi, wikipedia, or mims usa. The drugs.mobi is the best one...but I'm telling y'all....this is the ****....download it now.

Here's a video of the program in an emulator (with the Pre, it's obviously a touchscreen without a little mouse pointer...) I'm in nerdtastic new reference love:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPmaU8cJGfc[/YOUTUBE]

And because its homebrew, it's F-R-E-E. My God I love this damn phone and the legion of home brew app writers it has spawned...

Would it be compatible with my Centro? I'll have to check.

This is my only weekday off until next Friday and the stupid ass bank is closed. Columbus Day is lame. Dude wasn't even the first European to "discover" the Americas...not to mention the unabashed hubris in essentially not considering aboriginal Americans as people being as though they apparently needed "discovered." As if they wandered around aimlessly unaware of their own existence for several millennia.

Members don't see this ad :)
This is my only weekday off until next Friday and the stupid ass bank is closed. Columbus Day is lame. Dude wasn't even the first European to "discover" the Americas...not to mention the unabashed hubris in essentially not considering aboriginal Americans as people being as though they apparently needed "discovered." As if they wandered around aimlessly unaware of their own existence for several millennia.

Whose Columbus?:confused:

Whose Columbus?:confused:

An Italian explorer who "discovered" the Americas in the 1400s. He was given a holiday because all of the Italians in America pretty much demanded it. Nobody else really cares or wants it to be a holiday. Being as though, again, humans already discovered the continent and he wasn't the first European out there, anyway...

An Italian explorer who "discovered" the Americas in the 1400s. He was given a holiday because all of the Italians in America pretty much demanded it. Nobody else really cares or wants it to be a holiday. Being as though, again, humans already discovered the continent and he wasn't the first European out there, anyway...

So he wasn't a pharmacist? We should replace Columbus Day with Ben Franklin day, at least he worked in an apothecary.

Since this is the off topic thread I thought I'd share with you all that I'm looking out my window currently, and it's snowing heavily....fml

I went to go see that Paranormal Activity movie tonight.

At first, I loved it because I thought it was a brilliant tongue-in-cheek parody of Blair Witch. Complete with lame "scary" part like doors creaking and pieces of furniture slightly moving in a "menacing" fashion. And terrible acting...oh my, who could forget the terrible acting. It was "bad on purpose" on the same level as Starship Troopers.

Then I got home and realized that they were being serious. How disappointment...on multiple levels. The idea that this movie scares people scares me. And judging it in that it was made in a completely serious sense....that might have been the most pathetic horror movie I've ever seen. Blair Witch in a townhouse, basically.

I studied way too much today....and I just found out I need to learn all the antidepressants and dopamine agonists in two days, their indications, their side effects...brand/generic names....yada, yada, yada.....

But right now I'm watching American Pie: Beta House....I didn't know there was an American Pie I haven't seen.

Hey Mikey- Have you checked out San Diego to live?

Posted via Mobile BlackBerry Device

Not really. I'm too afraid it would be too uppity and pretentious for my tastes like every other coastal city with the exception of the ridiculously awesome Baltimore. Plus, when the 9.7 quake comes, I don't want to be floating out in the Pacific Ocean. And from what I understand the cost of living is high.

Though I've never been there, so it might secretly be awesome...

...but, anyway...I must ask...why would Mikey like San Diego...?

Last edited:
I went to go see that Paranormal Activity movie tonight.

At first, I loved it because I thought it was a brilliant tongue-in-cheek parody of Blair Witch. Complete with lame "scary" part like doors creaking and pieces of furniture slightly moving in a "menacing" fashion. And terrible acting...oh my, who could forget the terrible acting. It was "bad on purpose" on the same level as Starship Troopers.

Then I got home and realized that they were being serious. How disappointment...on multiple levels. The idea that this movie scares people scares me. And judging it in that it was made in a completely serious sense....that might have been the most pathetic horror movie I've ever seen. Blair Witch in a townhouse, basically.
this kind of sounds like my exact thoughts on Snakes on a Plane!

snakes-on-a-plane-5.jpg

this kind of sounds like my exact thoughts on Snakes on a Plane!

Yeah, but I thought snakes on a plane was supposed to be funny and ridiculous (with a hint of the "thriller" genre).

Hey, Wvu, have you tried the new ford Taurus?
Based on the website it seems like a pretty nice car. I wonder what the odds of finding a cheap, good condition one would be when I graduate. Though quite honestly, I think I might be more into the Dodge Challenger, or the newest Ford Mustang. (I like the 2010 models a lot better than any of the others).

Anyone have experiance with any of these cars? How is their handling/acceleration?

Based on the website it seems like a pretty nice car. I wonder what the odds of finding a cheap, good condition one would be when I graduate. Though quite honestly, I think I might be more into the Dodge Challenger, or the newest Ford Mustang. (I like the 2010 models a lot better than any of the others).

Anyone have experiance with any of these cars? How is their handling/acceleration?

That new Mustang is FIRE!!! But, I'm a chevy person....so either I'm going to get the 2010/12 Z28 camaro when I graduate in 2012.
3181041832_55a79d1c29.jpg

GMs and Chryslers scare the piss out of me quality wise. Foreign cars piss me off. I like sedans. That leaves the Taurus for me. I'm grabbing a 2010 Taurus SHO once they hit the certified used market and hit that 40% depriciation point after 2 years. Until then, the "rental car" style Taurus will be my loyal steed. Under drivetrain warranty until September 2012 or 100,000 miles...2007 model...paid 8 grand for it...if you can beat that, you're awesome.

But that's me. Test drive...read Consumer Reports starting in 2012 for the 2010 model year to get an idea of how they held up. The Taurus is being made in the Chicago plant...so I know it should be on point quality wise.

A sho would be very nice...I need more money though. If anyone out there wants to hire me as a night shift pharmacy for a ton of cash, PM me. A telepharmacy position from home would be a plus. Anything above $105k is what I'd need.

GMs and Chryslers scare the piss out of me quality wise. Foreign cars piss me off. I like sedans. That leaves the Taurus for me. I'm grabbing a 2010 Taurus SHO once they hit the certified used market and hit that 40% depriciation point after 2 years. Until then, the "rental car" style Taurus will be my loyal steed. Under drivetrain warranty until September 2012 or 100,000 miles...2007 model...paid 8 grand for it...if you can beat that, you're awesome.

But that's me. Test drive...read Consumer Reports starting in 2012 for the 2010 model year to get an idea of how they held up. The Taurus is being made in the Chicago plant...so I know it should be on point quality wise.

Taurus SHO is decked out with some fancy tricks. From the looks of it, the interior is probably the best of any domestic car I've seen (actually it's about as good as any car I've seen not just domestics, but that's just from pictures). BMWs for all their "luxury" title don't actually look that great on the inside and I've never liked Mercedes much. Toyota's slipping in their design. Honda is doing alright. I'm not very heavy on the "must be domestic" but it does make more sense economically, so I'd prefer that.

In terms of bang for the buck I think the Mustang is incredible. (Though from a practical perspective I prefer sedans which is why I asked about the Taurus). That said, you can use the reduced sitting space in a mustang to avoid giving people rides. :laugh:)

Taurus SHO

First, the puff piece.

Now the real meat and potatoes.

Ford is doing it right.

Yeah I'm very pleased with what they have been doing lately. At the very least they are actually thinking about the design of the cars. Dodge looks like it's doing some stuff, but I think Ford is really the one that has gone the furthest.

That new Mustang is FIRE!!! But, I'm a chevy person....so either I'm going to get the 2010/12 Z28 camaro when I graduate in 2012.
3181041832_55a79d1c29.jpg

When I graduate in 2012, I'll most likely keep my Volkswagen CC, and if I get another car, I'll either get a used Porsche Cayman S, used BMW M3, or a used Corvette Z06.

OMG you guys, I graduated driving school!!!! Most exciting moment of my life! :laugh:

Anybody else go see the Michael Jackson movie? That new Thriller video in 3D looked like it woulda been badass.

OMG!!! Yes I just saw it today... I was one of those who was going to see the live show in London and I am even more bummed now because I can tell from the movie footage that it would have been outta this world... no lie.

Why Michael why????:confused::confused:

I carved this pumkin tonight, starfleet salut !

Startrekpumkin017.jpg

So, when I woke up this morning I was excited that I was going to get an extra hour of sleep tonight.....but now I'm depressed because I've spent the last hour on the computer...so basically I wasted my extra hour! :mad:

I carved this pumkin tonight, starfleet salut !

Startrekpumkin017.jpg

I'm assuming you are going for that thing in your avatar. Not bad. Better than I can do. I usually just have random trapezoids carved into my fruit. But when I first saw that, I thought it was a spade with a circle around it and a star in the middle, holding a phone into its hypothetical ear.

2ptq739.jpg

I'm assuming you are going for that thing in your avatar. Not bad. Better than I can do. I usually just have random trapezoids carved into my fruit. But when I first saw that, I thought it was a spade with a circle around it and a star in the middle, holding a phone into its hypothetical ear.

2ptq739.jpg

I think I may have to agree.....but did you make that in MS paint just to prove your point xD?

I think I may have to agree.....but did you make that in MS paint just to prove your point xD?

Are you guys kidding me ? :laugh: You seriously don't know the startfleet logo ? :confused: :confused: Anyone who has ever seen a single episode of star trek should be able to recognize it within two nanoseconds.

starfleet-logo1-150x150.gif

Are you guys kidding me ? :laugh: You seriously don't know the startfleet logo ? :confused: :confused: Anyone who has ever seen a single episode of star trek should be able to recognize it within two nanoseconds.

starfleet-logo1-150x150.gif

Is that the one with the bald guy in the red and black jumpsuit or the one with the shiny, gold talking robot and his little blue and white midget robot friend that looks like a trash compacter?

It has been almost two years since I worked in retail. I thought about quitting here and there but then one day at work, I decided it was going to be my last day. Nothing triggered my decision. The day was actually going pretty well. I think I just wanted to leave on a high note.

The 3rd level of Modern Warfare 2 is possibly the most ****ed up thing in the history of video games. Wow. They pushed the envelope on that one...I can see why they let people who are offended by disturbing things skip it...

The game is off the chain, though...