The Official 01/28/2012 MCAT Club

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sutton

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
.Test Date.: Saturday, January 28, 2012
.Exam Start Time.: 1 p.m.
.Registration Opens.: October 12, 2011
...Tentative.. Score Release Date.: February 28, 2012
.After 5 p.m. ET.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Looks like we wait till tomorrow. are we gonna do an

Actual:
Predicted:
AAMC average:

Type thing

Sounds good! Might also be helpful for other people planning on taking the MCAT to see an approximate timeline/time input, methods of studying (prep course or no, which set of review books), and any additional personal anecdotes :)

Looks like we wait till tomorrow. are we gonna do an

Actual:
Predicted:
AAMC average:

Type thing

yes, lets do this. even though the embarrassment from a possible low score might prevent me from posting in a forum where most posters gets mid to high 30 score and still complain about it or ask if they should retake.

No offense, but even if you went out of there thinking you got a 45T you'd be anxious to see your score.

None taken. I am surely anxious, and can't wait to see my score, but Ill probably check my score about three times tomorrow. The worst I probably did would be ~30, in which case I'll retake over summer. So worst case scenario is I spend an extra year @ college, which is fine by me.
As a side note, I didn't mean to come off sounding like a douche, just wanted to say we're cooler ;)

I actually originally posted that thinking you guys were getting your scores today... oops. I guess not?

yes, lets do this. even though the embarrassment from a possible low score might prevent me from posting in a forum where most posters gets mid to high 30 score and still complain about it or ask if they should retake.

Lol don't worry. If I do poorly I prob wont post anything

What are you guys doing tomorrow when the scores are released?
If I don't have to start my research rotation, I'm going to head to NYC and go bar hopping or bowling or both. I need to keep my mind off the impending doom I feel.

What are you guys doing tomorrow when the scores are released?
If I don't have to start my research rotation, I'm going to head to NYC and go bar hopping or bowling or both. I need to keep my mind off the impending doom I feel.

Hmmmm. I expect crying into my dog's fur for a bit. Then some profuse alcohol consumption with a forecast of poor life decisions.

Or, just sleeping the way I did after the test.

Last edited:
Gah. I had a four hour drive home after the MCAT (I was one of the lucky few who got to select +200 miles away from my testing center, huzzah), so I definitely won't be doing that again. I've got an eight hour shift at work that starts at 3:30, so I'll be... working. Also getting sick, so no partying afterward for me.

*sigh*

I just want it over with.

Members don't see this ad :)
I will be going to the UW/Minnesota basketball game...should be a good time

Well I think if it is good I'm going to take my physics test and get an A. I it's bad I'm going home and hugging my daughter. That should make me feel better. Then I'm going to schedule my next test and cry!

19 hours 35 minutes.

I'll post my scores tomorrow, the breakdown, reaction, plans for future, etc.

AAMC: 34
Predicted: 30
Actual (1/28): ?????

The thread will be inundated with exorbitant scores, don't feel discouraged. Most people will post something like "43, might be a retake". You'll feel like a failure but they're probably just lying lol

^^^ Dude, I am the same way. Why do you think you dropped four points from your average? For me it was verbal, u?

Predicted-27-30 (anticipated 7-8 on verbal)
actual: ???

^^^ Dude, I am the same way. Why do you think you dropped four points from your average? For me it was verbal, u?

Predicted-27-30 (anticipated 7-8 on verbal)
actual: ???

Well, mainly my timing was really off this time. I guessed on a full passage for each section. My performance of verbal was abysmal, the first two passages destroyed me. I was playing catch-up for the rest of the section. I only felt good about Physical Sciences and the organic part of the Biological Sciences.

Last edited:
This stress is not conducive to maintaining a diet. I'm nervous eating like crazy right now.

Well, mainly my timing was really off this time. I guessed on a full passage for each section. My performance of verbal was abysmal, the first two passages destroyed me. I was playing catch-up for the rest of the section. I only felt good about Physical Sciences and the organic part of the Biological Sciences. I took the MCAT over the summer and received a 30, this recent test felt the same to me as far as performance (maybe worse).

Dude first time I also got a 30 (10/10/10)! Hopefully we both do much better the second time around. I didn't guess on any passages this time around, but first time around I was guessing left and right on the science sections, verbal my first time was really straight foreward. I didn't guess on verbal passages this time, but my timing was off and I was REALLY unsure about the questions I answered. I thought PS and BS were okay with BS having some tough orgo discretes. Good luck man!!!

Dude first time I also got a 30 (10/10/10)! Hopefully we both do much better the second time around. I didn't guess on any passages this time around, but first time around I was guessing left and right on the science sections, verbal my first time was really straight foreward. I didn't guess on verbal passages this time, but my timing was off and I was REALLY unsure about the questions I answered. I thought PS and BS were okay with BS having some tough orgo discretes. Good luck man!!!

Can I join the first MCAT score of 30 club? Mine was (11/7/12). The thing is, I think I would be less pissed if I got a lower score than the exact same score this time around. Praying this doesn't happen....

sure you can join. hahahaha

What did you think of verbal this time around? BTW when did you take it the first time, in the summer? I took it on Aug. 18th, back then the verbal section was fairly straight foreward.

I'll post my scores tomorrow, the breakdown, reaction, plans for future, etc.

Predicted: 30
Actual (1/28): ?????

The thread will be inundated with exorbitant scores, don't feel discouraged. Most people will post something like "43, might be a retake". You'll feel like a failure but they're probably just lying lol

Hahahaha!!!!!! SO TRUE. Just keep in mind people who do well are more likely to post their scores than people who don't do as well.

Hahahaha!!!!!! SO TRUE. Just keep in mind people who do well are more likely to post their scores than people who don't do as well.

Haha yeah, hopefully we don't have too many people posting fake scores tomorrow, always takes the fun out of it :laugh:

sure you can join. hahahaha

What did you think of verbal this time around? BTW when did you take it the first time, in the summer? I took it on Aug. 18th, back then the verbal section was fairly straight foreward.

I took the 1/27 test and I thought the verbal was pretty straight forward (much more straight forward than the other sections). From what I hear, the 1/28 test takers had the harder verbal section.

I took my first MCAT on the same date last year.

Make sure to post tomorrow, I'll be curious to see how you did.

Last edited:
Guys, I'm trying to just keep my mind off of what news we'll all be getting very very soon...but I ended up on sdn soooo, it's obviously not going so well.

Anyway, best of luck to all!! :luck: :thumbup:

My first time was a (11/9/10) and I took it on September 2nd. Honestly, I thought this verbal section was much harder than my first one. Also, I feel like the test passages on each section keep getting more verbose. Even the discretes in the bio section required a good deal of reading. Either way, we both still have the opportunity to retake one more time before the 2013 application opens. Make sure to post tomorrow, I'll be curious to see how you did.

Def. man I will post. I will retake it in late June/early July. I will send out the rest of my applications. I just don't have time to study for a retake this semester. Also, it looks really bad for taking the test three times. I am sure that is a red flag for top medical schools (even if you score a 34+ your third time).

I just watched the Normandy invasion scene from Saving Private Ryan to remind myself that no matter how bad I could feel later on today things could always be a whole lot worse and that the MCAT is just a test.

Def. man I will post. I will retake it in late June/early July. I will send out the rest of my applications. I just don't have time to study for a retake this semester. Also, it looks really bad for taking the test three times. I am sure that is a red flag for top medical schools (even if you score a 34+ your third time).

My MCAT score will determine where I apply.

Last edited:
are the scores releasing 5pm EST or 3pm EST? when i took it in april of last year, they were released by 3pm EST.

Well, mainly my timing was really off this time. I guessed on a full passage for each section. My performance of verbal was abysmal, the first two passages destroyed me. I was playing catch-up for the rest of the section. I only felt good about Physical Sciences and the organic part of the Biological Sciences. I took the MCAT over the summer and received a 30, this recent test felt the same to me as far as performance (maybe worse).

This. I managed to finish, but I felt insanely discouraged after that even though I realize those could have very well just happened to be the hard ones stuck at the beginning.

I guess I should count myself lucky that this is one of the most anxiety-ridden nights of my life. Wishing everyone 45s and a stress-free Tuesday!

I CANT SLEEP!! :( :( its 3 am and I have to be up at 7:30 for work....
Although AAMC says that results will be released after 5 pm, I am checking the scores website every hour since 12 am :mad:
I WISH I COULD GO TO SLEEP NOW AND WAKE UP AT 5 PM!!
good luck everyone!

I CANT SLEEP!! :( :( its 3 am and I have to be up at 7:30 for work....
Although AAMC says that results will be released after 5 pm, I am checking the scores website every hour since 12 am :mad:
I WISH I COULD GO TO SLEEP NOW AND WAKE UP AT 5 PM!!
good luck everyone!

i am right there with you on this.

i am right there with you on this.

As am I! Maybe sharing my torture will help you all feel a little better; I'm in the UK this semester so you know how you are all waiting until 5? Well, we're 5 hours ahead of EST time so I'm waiting until 10 PM, :eek:.

I did not sleep well at all last night. Kept having nightmares then I would wake up in the middle of the night in terror. I had a better night sleep before the MCAT.

Hahahahha I had nightmares too. I had one dream when I opened my score and I got a 47!!! Which made me soooo happy, then it turned into a 37, then a 27, and then a 17 :(

I think I'm going to just wait until tonight to check my scores, that way my heart won't leap out of my chest for nothing when they haven't been posted.

Hahahahha I had nightmares too. I had one dream when I opened my score and I got a 47!!! Which made me soooo happy, then it turned into a 37, then a 27, and then a 17 :(

I think I'm going to just wait until tonight to check my scores, that way my heart won't leap out of my chest for nothing when they haven't been posted.

A 47!!! You really are a dreamer :laugh:

I just watched the Normandy invasion scene from Saving Private Ryan to remind myself that no matter how bad I could feel later on today things could always be a whole lot worse and that the MCAT is just a test.

haha what an interesting way to put things into perspective :D... i agree though i've been reading depressing news stories all morning to remind myself that i have a lot to be happy about no matter what the score is

is it kind of sad that we need to make ourselves feel better already???:confused:

I have been telling myself all morning just to be proud and happy I took the test. I hear my mom in my head.

This wait it killing me!!!

haha what an interesting way to put things into perspective :D... i agree though i've been reading depressing news stories all morning to remind myself that i have a lot to be happy about no matter what the score is

is it kind of sad that we need to make ourselves feel better already???:confused:

If you want depressing, you should watch "Lilya 4ever" Seriously, after watching this movie, you'll be full of despair and really count your blessing ;)

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...znR6t2J5UO5eprLUQ&sig2=0a-bZ1NFUSuezTy0juIUmw