The Official 01/28/2012 MCAT Club

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sutton

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
.Test Date.: Saturday, January 28, 2012
.Exam Start Time.: 1 p.m.
.Registration Opens.: October 12, 2011
...Tentative.. Score Release Date.: February 28, 2012
.After 5 p.m. ET.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
haha i dont exactly want to be crying all day or anything but maybe i'll take a look some other time... god time is moving so slowly. i had a test this morning and for some reason assumed the day would fly after i was done.. no dice

Range: 30-37 (33 ish)
Expected:30-33

I just don't know what I'll do if I get anything lower than 33. I'd basically only have a couple months to study and take the test for a THIRD time. I voided the first time.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am terrified of logging in and seeing something like a 7 for verbal :(

I feel your pain. I never scored anything worse than an 8 on practice, but that verbal was about as brutal as I've experienced, it reminded me of AAMC 8 and I got a 10 on that one but as I was taking it I thought I got a 5 or 6.... God I'll be gutted if I have to take this again because of verbal. 9 or better and I'll very very happy!

Man you guys are worrying me because after the first two passages I though the verbal wasn't anything special. Makes me wonder if I missed the big picture of things :(

Man you guys are worrying me because after the first two passages I though the verbal wasn't anything special. Makes me wonder if I missed the big picture of things :(

Now you're worrying them because they wonder if it was actually really easy and they just screwed up

:laugh:

I am terrified of logging in and seeing something like a 7 for verbal :(

I know man, 7 or 8 on verbal is going to suck, but a 9+ will make my day regardless of how I do on the overall test.

When I check my scores, I am going to cover them all up and then slowly start moving my hand to the right, so that I can see if there is a 1 digit in front of verbal, and then slowly start moving my hand to the right to see my full verbal score, then my PS score and then my BS score. Hopefully this will lessen the blow to some degree.

I know man, 7 or 8 on verbal is going to suck, but a 9+ will make my day regardless of how I do on the overall test.

When I check my scores, I am going to cover them all up and then slowly start moving my hand to the right, so that I can see if there is a 1 digit in front of verbal, and then slowly start moving my hand to the right to see my full verbal score, then my PS score and then my BS score. Hopefully this will lessen the blow to some degree.

Loving the strategy! :p

I am personally aiming for a 26 or better for DO school. A 27 or 28 would be great though. :)

Benefit of being sick--I was out like a light last night at 10:00. If I had been healthy there's no way I would have been asleep before 4:00 am.

Four hours. Jesus Christ. I keep cycling between hoping for something crazy like a 36 and dreading a surprise 26. Also, my mother won't stop texting me.

Members don't see this ad :)
Benefit of being sick--I was out like a light last night at 10:00. If I had been healthy there's no way I would have been asleep before 4:00 am.

Four hours. Jesus Christ. I keep cycling between hoping for something crazy like a 36 and dreading a surprise 26. Also, my mother won't stop texting me.

My parents don't know I'm getting my score today. That way if I get a low score I can figure out some tactful way to tell them :cool:

Just wanted to wish you all the best of luck! This stupid test is the most stressful element of the application process by far.

I'm at work right now, procrastinating because I'm worried about my score. I think I'm going to have an anxiety attack right after 5pm. :scared:

Edit: I studied for 7 months straight for this ridiculous exam. If I do poorly, I'm going to bang head on table.

Last edited:
I won't get my scores for awhile (July MCAT) but I am nervous for you guys : ) I can't imagine how you all are feeling!

I'm at work right now, procrastinating because I'm worried about my score. I think I'm going to have an anxiety attack right after 5pm. :scared:

Edit: I studied for 7 months straight for this ridiculous exam. If I do poorly, I'm going to bang head on table.

You took the words right out of my mouth

I studied for a YEAR. But inconsistently. PLEASE GOD I DONT EVER WANT TO LOOK AT ANOTHER PHYSICS PROBLEM AGAIN. ALL I WANT IS A 33.

To anyone reading for god's sake don't work or go to school when you're studying for this damn thing.

can you imagine the fury if the scores don't come out by 5? hahahah not jinxing anything, but it'd be kind of hilarious how flipped out everyone will be.

we need to calm down

A strange calm has washed over me, sort of like the strange calm before a storm.....I have come to accept my fate and I have made backup plans for a retake. I also wrote down the materials I would use to study for a retake.

God Help Us All........1 hour 28 minutes.........:(

I wonder who releases the score. It's probably just one guy in a cubicle that forgets to post the scores on time because he's watching a youtube video. Then he's like "oh yeah, that thing..."

and we're all here hitting refresh compulsively...

A strange calm has washed over me, sort of like the strange calm before a storm.....I have come to accept my fate and I have made backup plans for a retake. I also wrote down the materials I would use to study for a retake.

God Help Us All........1 hour 28 minutes.........:(

I feel you on this. I'm purchasing the Berkeley Review books today if my score is not above a 30.

AHHHHH the physiological effects of my anxiety have finally taken over! help! lmao, I don't know what I'll do if the scores don't come out by 5

AHHHHH the physiological effects of my anxiety have finally taken over! help! lmao, I don't know what I'll do if the scores don't come out by 5

If the scores don't come out, I will most probably turn into Hulk

Sent from my iPhone using SDN Mobile app

I had a dream two nights ago I received a 38 on the MCAT... that certainly won't happen with me, but I am hoping I tapped into another SDN member's subconscious :D