The official 08/06/2009 MCAT CLUB!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mellymel09

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! I just noticed that there is no official club for the August 6th MCAT'ers so I've decided to create one! I hope that everyone's studying is coming along great. I'm actually re-doing my MCAT for the second time around (I wrote it last summer for the first time and sadly didn't do as well as I'd hoped). I plan on dedicating this month to content review and then hopefully spending the last two months prior to my exam on practice exams/problems. Has anyone here ever taken the test more than once? If so, did you improve and how did you re-study strategically? Also, by how many points can one expect to realistically improve???

Members don't see this ad.

Lol okay :p. I wonder why there aren't as many in the 8/5 as the 8/6. I can't remember if there was no afternoon admin for 8/5 or not. For me, I liked the afternoon option of 8/6 and it was at the perfect test site for me.

Gr...I hate this waiting; I'm so anxious about the scores. O_O :eek:

Oh that was probably it. There was only a morning session on the 5th. I think also the fact that this exam was the very next day made people opt for it instead of the 5th.

Members don't see this ad :)
frackrack- i understand what you're saying, but i don't think it is a very good idea. i see you have 3 posts. many of us have been posting in here for support since before we took the MCAT.

the next few hours are really anxiety inducing, and it is nice to see people posting and sharing their thoughts leading up to the score release.

you can't expect to use this forum solely as a personal score release alert system. sorry.

if you want- set up a new thread and one of us can alert you on that.

frackrack- i understand what you're saying, but i don't think it is a very good idea. i see you have 3 posts. many of us have been posting in here for support since before we took the MCAT.

the next few hours are really anxiety inducing, and it is nice to see people posting and sharing their thoughts leading up to the score release.

you can't expect to use this forum solely as a personal score release alert system. sorry.

:thumbup:

All of the other threads grew by at least 3 pages the day of score release so I don't think this thread should be any exception.

Pretty sure he was joking...

Good luck everyone! :xf:

Pretty sure he was joking...

Good luck everyone! :xf:

Haha- I'm pretty sure he wasn't joking, but regardless, lets post!!!

Did you guys see what the 7/30 people did with posting the youtube videos, that was really amusing.

I'm thinking about going to the gym if the scores aren't up at 5pm. then by the time i get done with my workout, hopefully they will be here.

omgggggggg, this is crazy.

Nice phrasing and suggestion :p. I would be happy to post a scores are up on a separate thread frackrack made if they want that, but yes, I like people posting on there. It makes me feel like I'm not alone in my anxiety!

Members don't see this ad :)
ive been checking every minute anyway.
got my blacberry with barely any service where i am, and an old palm pilot with wifi which im posting from now.
did i mention im in class and have no clue whats going on ;-)
i figured an open laptop would be too obvious to the teacher

Nice phrasing and suggestion :p. I would be happy to post a scores are up on a separate thread frackrack made if they want that, but yes, I like people posting on there. It makes me feel like I'm not alone in my anxiety!

AMEN to that!

I've recruited people to distract me in case the scores are delayed.

My friend didn't get his til very late on the day when they were supposed to come out.

i hope we're not going to be like the last group who had to wait until 10pm. the 8/5 scores should be up a few minutes/hours before ours, and theirs isn't out either.

roar. i wanted to pretend like i wasn't going to sit here and refresh all day, but i am lame and that is what i am doing.

ok, my new plan is if it isn't here by 5:30, then i will go the gym. yeah. ok.

If they aren't up in 2 minutes I'm going to remain seated here while I smoke cigarettes and continue to frantically check!!

If they aren't up in 2 minutes I'm going to remain seated here while I smoke cigarettes and continue to frantically check!!

hahaha, i love it. i wonder if i should forget the gym and track down some alcohol and start drinking.

maybe we could play a drinking game. everytime someone posts the word "score" you take a shot.

hahaha, i love it. i wonder if i should forget the gym and track down some alcohol and start drinking.

maybe we could play a drinking game. everytime someone posts the word "score" you take a shot.

i wouldn't recommend that. alcohol is bad for you! health and sanity are more important :)

whooo......I just got off work. Now I'm ready to start waiting. Hope we all get the scores we want. But I think I'm just gonna continue reading this thread, until people start saying the scores have been released. Because as soon as someone logs into the mcat thx website, the scores sorta just jumps at you. I'm not ready for a shock.....lol.

My hands are cold and I'm sweating. Good luck everyone. How late do you think they will be?

i wouldn't recommend that. alcohol is bad for you! health and sanity are more important :)

I concur. we should value and protect our God given bodies as future physicians. He cries when we do such things to our bodies. let's not be heathens. know ye not these things?

I vant me score maties!

On another note, what is up with the time zone of SDN? All of your recent posts are saying 2pm-ish, which leads me to believe SDN isn't based in EST? I've never thought about it before recently!

7/30 and 7/31 people didnt get their scores till about 10:30 at night, id recommend that you guys try to find something to do for a few hours to get your minds off it. Hope you all did great!

I vant me score maties!

On another note, what is up with the time zone of SDN? All of your recent posts are saying 2pm-ish, which leads me to believe SDN isn't based in EST? I've never thought about it before recently!

Whoa that was weird! As soon as I posted, the time stamps changed. Guess I have my answer.

omg i refuse to check thx- I'm just gonna keep refreshing sdn

btw- who knew that so many ppl took the Aug 6th MCAT lol

Death to MCAT! I hope we all destroyed it!

hey all

my friend took the 7/31 mcat and only received his score after 10PM EST....right now it is 5:31 EST for me, and i live in ny. sooo.....do the math!
im stilll nervous as hell tho! :scared:

LOL I don't know what's causing me more anxiety right now, the fact that I feel like my nose is stuck in a water bubble (severe seasonal allergies... I hate you ragweed!) due to a histamine induced bad case of the sniffles, or awaiting for the scores.... Right now, it's a strong combination of both...

Good luck to us all!

Mel:luck:

P.S. I wish we'd get our scores emailed to us, instead of having to log into THX... the whole logging in thing is kinda like you're asking for it... you're doing this to yourself... clicking up some anxiety... whereas an email is sent to you by someone else and all you're doing is innocently openning it up... Ok maybe I'm way off on the whole compare and contrast thing but still... I think you get where I'm getting at....... THE CLICKING ONTO THE THX ACCOUNT part I am not looking forward to!

given that there was an aug 5 exam and two administrations of aug 6 exam, we are in for a loooong wait... having convinced myself that, i just wish i could untie this knot in my stomach :(
gonna go bowling with my friends! wooohooooooo
hang in there, everyone...

LOL I don't know what's causing me more anxiety right now, the fact that I feel like my nose is stuck in a water bubble (severe seasonal allergies... I hate you ragweed!) due to a histamine induced bad case of the sniffles, or awaiting for the scores.... Right now, it's a strong combination of both...

Good luck to us all!

Mel:luck:

P.S. I wish we'd get our scores emailed to us, instead of having to log into THX... the whole logging in thing is kinda like you're asking for it... you're doing this to yourself... clicking up some anxiety... whereas an email is sent to you by someone else and all you're doing is innocently openning it up... Ok maybe I'm way off on the whole compare and contrast thing but still... I think you get where I'm getting at....... THE CLICKING ONTO THE THX ACCOUNT part I am not looking forward to!
Hahahaha......innocently opening an email to find.....your mcat score.....lol. That's funny.

Hahahaha......innocently opening an email to find.....your mcat score.....lol. That's funny.

It would be particularly funny if they purposely did NOT entitle the email as such: "MCAT SCORES" ... it would be to our advantage if instead, it was entitled something along these lines of: "Save 50% on new Fall arrivals at Macy's" ... in such a case opening the email would all in all be innocently driven and the whole anxiety filled process of opening THX would not have to occur... brilliant isn't it :rolleyes:?!
For those of you who disregard coupon emails and/or other legit spam, well then, it could or could not suck to be you :smuggrin: (depends on how you look at things :cool:)

i just joined SDN today cause i'm neurotically checking for my score!!! i saw that some others had their scores released early, like 1:30....

It would be particularly funny if they purposely did NOT entitle the email as such: "MCAT SCORES" ... it would be to our advantage if instead, it was entitled something along these lines of: "Save 50% on new Fall arrivals at Macy's" ... in such a case opening the email would all in all be innocently driven and the whole anxiety filled process of opening THX would not have to occur... brilliant isn't it :rolleyes:?!
For those of you who disregard coupon emails and/or other legit spam, well then, it could or could not suck to be you :smuggrin: (depends on how you look at things :cool:)
Yeah.....but some people might accidentally delete it. How about the subject says "Another Stage Towards Your Medical Degree".....It might interest future doctors to "innocently open it" as u put it....lol