You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
The OFFICIAL 2007-2008 Interviews withdrawn/canceled thread
Started by Universe_Explorer
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Withdrew from George Washington and BIDMC. Good luck to those holding out!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hopefully these come back to me (i.e. cancel your UCLA interviews if you're holding them without intent)
1. Albert EInstein/Beth Isreal - NY
2. U of TX at Houston
3. Emory - I thought long and hard about this one, but just don't think it's the right place for me.
Good Luck SDNers
😉
1. Albert EInstein/Beth Isreal - NY
2. U of TX at Houston
3. Emory - I thought long and hard about this one, but just don't think it's the right place for me.
Good Luck SDNers
😉
Hi all, I'm canceling BID and Mass Gen/Brigham. These programs just aren't "me," I'm sensing. I hope they can go to someone who will fit right in!
Pinner Doc
Pinner DocI canceled Northwestern the other day. My cutoff is supposed to be 12, but I have 14 right now. 🙁 Not sure which ones to cancel because the ones that are lower are my list are close by and a car ride away, and I am not willing to cancel any far away ones.... Also, I don't want my total to be 13 'cause that's unlucky 🙄
BTW, it is fun how one man/woman's trash is another applicant's treasure. The thought of canceling BIDMC or Emory...
BTW, it is fun how one man/woman's trash is another applicant's treasure. The thought of canceling BIDMC or Emory...

I don't want my total to be 13 'cause that's unlucky 🙄
BTW, it is fun how one man/woman's trash is another applicant's treasure. The thought of canceling BIDMC or Emory...![]()
That is funny about 13. I have 13 scheduled right now and have had that "is this unlucky?" thought as well. I may HAVE to cancel Emory because of a Step 2 conflict and the fact that there are no more available dates. I would be kind of bummed but my husband isn't that into Atlanta.
I have 12 that I absolutely want to go to but we will see as the season wears on what happens.
I have 13 (also had the thoughts about it being unlucky). Was going to settle on 12, but went to cancel a program on the phone and they were so convincing about how I should keep the interview that I decided what the heck... I'd be in the area doing other interviews anyway. Maybe I'll like it?


Duke, St. Lukes (Bethlehem PA), and UMDNJ-Cooper
Question for the other side: would cancelling an interview for EM/IM or EM/Peds hurt my chances for EM at the same program? A few programs want me to interview on separate days for combined/categorical, and it's just too expensive. Any thoughts?
Canceled St. John's in Detroit.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Cancelled University of Arizona
Cancelled Maricopa, Carolinas, Wake Forest, and UCI. This put me at 12 interviews. Interesting how that is turning out to be everyone's target.
Cancelled Maricopa, Carolinas, Wake Forest, and UCI. This put me at 12 interviews. Interesting how that is turning out to be everyone's target.
Ooh, ooh, I call Carolinas.
Boy I wish it worked like that.
Cancelled/Withdrew: Maricopa, Carolinas, Christiana, Emory, Henry Ford, Cook, Loma linda.
Nothing like shopping for airline tickets to drive home how poor I really am.
Nothing like shopping for airline tickets to drive home how poor I really am.
Cancelled University of Chicago (that one stung - I really love the program on paper, but money for traveling and the geography were just too much to overcome). Will likely be cancelling Yale too...
Canceled Palmetto, Nevada, EVMS, Kalamazoo
Keep those Carolinas and U Chicago cancellations coming!
Keep those Carolinas and U Chicago cancellations coming!
bonus Q: any word on the reputation of USC's program?
I heard good things about USC from an attending I know who trained at Harbor.
Canceled VCU, UVa, Wake Forest, and UIC today. This is getting so hard to do!
Pittsburgh, UT Southwestern, and UT Houston. Good luck!
Cancelled LSU - Baton Rouge
Wow, had to go to the second page to find this thread.
Canceled at Mayo, UCSD, Kings County, and Jacobi.
Gets harder every time.
Canceled at Mayo, UCSD, Kings County, and Jacobi.
Gets harder every time.
canceled Nebraska and NYMC-Metropolitan.
My debt is growing and there are some heavy duty rotations coming up that aren't likely to give me a bunch of days off. 15 is turning out to be a very tiring number, especially with flight delays and waking up not knowing exactly where i am.
My debt is growing and there are some heavy duty rotations coming up that aren't likely to give me a bunch of days off. 15 is turning out to be a very tiring number, especially with flight delays and waking up not knowing exactly where i am.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ok, I think I am done canceling - i canceled Hopkins and Temple. This leaves me with my original 12, which I am so far pleased with. I could have easily made day trips, but since I am not that interested in these places I hope someone else gets my spots.
Just cancelled Baton Rouge for January
Had to cancel Henry Ford regretably. Hope this helps someone out there.
OK. So it was a seriously tough decision, but after much discussion I decided to cancel my Harbor and UC Irvine interviews (just too darn far from everyone we know at this point in life, and too expensive to check out unless we were serious about moving there). Still, it was tough to do. I hope someone who was holding out gets the spot...
Just don't have time and really don't feel like either program is quite right for our family.
Just canceled Maryland, Pitt, Allegheny and Emory. It was a hard decision, but I'm just too worn out after 14 interviews already. Good luck to anyone who was waiting on those programs for an interview slot!
U of Wisconsin-Madison and U of Illinois - Peoria.
Hope someone whose interested gets the spot.
Hope someone whose interested gets the spot.
Cancelled UCSD.
Recently canceled Yale (sorry SouthernDoc -my fiance doesn't want to practice law on the east coast - too intense she says)
Also recently cancelled Boston Medical Center (didn't apply to TY year, decided I couldn't take their prelim year)
Declined MetroHealth last week (offered too late). declined Bellevue a while ago (see fiance issue above).
Also recently cancelled Boston Medical Center (didn't apply to TY year, decided I couldn't take their prelim year)
Declined MetroHealth last week (offered too late). declined Bellevue a while ago (see fiance issue above).
No need to apologize. I did see your name/face on the interview list.Recently canceled Yale (sorry SouthernDoc -my fiance doesn't want to practice law on the east coast - too intense she says)
Also recently cancelled Boston Medical Center (didn't apply to TY year, decided I couldn't take their prelim year)
Declined MetroHealth last week (offered too late). declined Bellevue a while ago (see fiance issue above).
Similar threads
- Replies
- 186
- Views
- 8K