-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
The Official 2008 Acceptance Thread Psy.D/Ph.D
Started by psych08
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I interviewed at Suffolk on 3/1 and have not received any notification reguarding acceptace, rejection, or waitlist. I was told by some grad students that they did not hear back from Suffolk until April 20th last year! So, hopefully it doesnt come to that again this year.
- You will usually be notified of your acceptance or rejection before April 15th.
- Programs listed in the 'Graduate Study in Psychology' adhere to this deadline. .
- If you are not accepted into any program, there is a 'Graduate Openings List' of several hundred psychology programs with openings to fill for the Fall semester.
- The list is available the first week of May and can be accessed on the Internet at http://www.apa.org. You may also request a hard copy by contacting the APA Education Directorate at (202) 336-5970.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I also interviewed at Suffolk and haven't heard anything...
but I know they interviewed around 50-60 people for 10-14 spots, so they probably keep a pretty lengthy waitlist (as the program isn't fully funded, so many of the first round offers get declined).
This is one of my top choices, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed...
but I know they interviewed around 50-60 people for 10-14 spots, so they probably keep a pretty lengthy waitlist (as the program isn't fully funded, so many of the first round offers get declined).
This is one of my top choices, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed...
My co-worker got a phone call just now!
I have been waiting to hear from them too and no call 🙁. Do you know (or does your coworker know) if all 1st round offers have been made yet?
Thanks.
I heard back from my POI at Suffolk that they have made a few initial offers, but haven't made all of the first round offers yet. I guess there is no official waiting list yet.
I also interviewed at Suffolk and haven't heard anything...
but I know they interviewed around 50-60 people for 10-14 spots, so they probably keep a pretty lengthy waitlist (as the program isn't fully funded, so many of the first round offers get declined).
This is one of my top choices, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed...
.
Last edited:
I just got accepted to Long Island University's Clinical Ph.D. program a little while ago! 😀 Don't give up hope yet!
Did you get a phone call or recieve notice via postal mail from LIU Brooklyn Clinical PhD? Just wondering.
I got waitlisted, damned😡
double post, sorry.
.
Last edited:
i'm with you on the damn wait list wait.
where? If LIU, how do you know already?
I got waitlisted, damned😡
where? If LIU, how do you know already?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i'm with you on the damn wait list wait.
where? If LIU, how do you know already?
I think there might be a misunderstanding, since I am not waitlisted at LIU; I am waiting for ULV (University of La Verne) to hear. I think, you guys are at the other end of the country?
Via e-mail from head of program. E-mail stated that they didn't have my phone number and were e-mailing me to let me know to call them. Um, I'm fairly certain that my phone number was in my application and on my resume but whatever...I'll still take the good news.
C
codename Conan
My friend was accepted to the Clinical Ph.D. program at University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee. Invite was sent out a week and a half ago
Hola,
I know that I am being repetitive, but does anyone out there have an idea when St. Johns will be letting us know? It's my other top choice, and I can;t wait to know either way so i can make my decision and be done, finally, mercifully, gratefully done!
I know that I am being repetitive, but does anyone out there have an idea when St. Johns will be letting us know? It's my other top choice, and I can;t wait to know either way so i can make my decision and be done, finally, mercifully, gratefully done!
Just got letter from New School offering MA in 12 credits and then consideration for PhD
thats awesome! i was in a lab there and my mentor got his PhD there -- it's a great program!
I got in! I'm super excited and I'm definitey going to accept! I'll be turning down an offer from Yeshiva (Clinical PsyD).![]()
What CUNY is this? City College, etc...
What CUNY is this? City College, etc...
City College is the only Clinical PhD, though there are many other Psych PhDs and a Clinical Neuropsych at Queens
City College is the only Clinical PhD, though there are many other Psych PhDs and a Clinical Neuropsych at Queens
Sweet. Thanks. I guess that is what happens when you only apply to schools in the mid-west area - I lack knowledge on the various programs in the east - although I live in NJ...

but i bet you've heard from most of your programs by now, whereas those of us who have applied to some of these east coast schools are still in the throes of anticipation!
also, the midwest is awesome.
Yes, most of my programs have been really good on letting all of us applicants know what the heck is going on! Although, I will not be enrolling in any of them. Some people are cut out for the clinical paradigm and others, like myself, find their true passion in statistics and psychometrics and did not apply to any programs that have a hardcore curriculum in that area. I must have missed that memo in my search for grad schools 🙄
I saw that someone said that they were accepted to Loyola Chicago's clinical psych. But, I was wondering if anyone knows if everyone has been notified. I haven't heard anything. Should I assume all offers are out and I didn't get in?
Rejected from UDel (proactively). My POI said he had already made an offer to someone with a better research background and closer specific interests.🙁 Thought that might help someone!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone heard from Boston U? As I understood, they were supposed to let us know 3/7!!
What's up with that?
What's up with that?
Florida Institute of Technology PsyD clinical waitlisted
Waitlisted. I know the Duquesne-folk are seemingly sparse on these threads, but if you are declining an acceptance, please let me know!
waitlisted at Suffolk University for Clinical PhD via email today
Wow, this thread definitely seems to be slowing down. Or maybe I'm checking it too often. Either way, I urge those of you who have not made a decision to hurry up already! As a waitlister, I'd prefer not to make my decisions on April 15th. Best of luck.
waitlisted at Suffolk University for Clinical PhD via email today
Me too🙁
Just got an offer from American, phone call from POI!
But no funding. 🙁
Congrats! I might be going to American too!
Offer from POI over phone today!
Im assuming this is for the Clinical Ph.D.
Just got an offer from American, phone call from POI!
But no funding. 🙁
Also, im assuming this is for the Clinical Ph.D.
waitlisted at Suffolk University for Clinical PhD via email today
me too....
but, you know, that's what happens when they invite 60 people to interview.
grrr.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
me too....
but, you know, that's what happens when they invite 60 people to interview.
grrr.
They told us 80 people. I mean isn't that a little ridiculous? Didn't you feel defeated before even going into your interview? I certainly did.
Wow, this thread definitely seems to be slowing down. Or maybe I'm checking it too often. Either way, I urge those of you who have not made a decision to hurry up already! As a waitlister, I'd prefer not to make my decisions on April 15th. Best of luck.
if only my schools would get back to us...i would love to know where i''m going and free up a place for others!
maybe today is the day...😳
They told us 80 people. I mean isn't that a little ridiculous? Didn't you feel defeated before even going into your interview? I certainly did.
80?! I was just guessing with the 60, based on a headcount. It was also slightly disheartening to see that 95% of the interviewees were female research assistants in their 20's....makes it a little tough to stand out. I really liked the program, but I think their application process is a bit ridiculous.
C
codename Conan
80?! I was just guessing with the 60, based on a headcount. It was also slightly disheartening to see that 95% of the interviewees were female research assistants in their 20's....makes it a little tough to stand out. I really liked the program, but I think their application process is a bit ridiculous.
😱 80 interviewees? Do you know how many applications they received? Or how many admissions spots they have to offer? I interviewed at a school with 44 other applicants and I thought that was chaotic.
I got an offer yesterday afternoon! I am excited b/c this was my top choice and my POI is doing EXACTLY what I am interested in. 😀
Similar threads
- Replies
- 2
- Views
- 3K
- Replies
- 31
- Views
- 4K
- Replies
- 44
- Views
- 4K
