The Official 2008 Acceptance Thread Psy.D/Ph.D

Started by psych08
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
CONGRATS!!!!

Mark

Thanks, Mark. I am sorry that we won't get an opportunity to work together at USUHS, but I am just very relieved that things have worked out. I have really appreciated your advice along the way. You have been very helpful!
 
Oooh, congrats!! Who's your POI? I am planning to apply there this fall!

Hi Cara Susanna,

My POI is Alan Fruzzetti. I am really excited because he seems like he will be a wonderful, intelligent, and supportive mentor. You should definitely apply... obviously I am a little biased bc I am on a pink cloud right now, but it seems like a great program.

Feel free to be in touch in the future and let me know if I can help you with anything!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi Cara Susanna,

My POI is Alan Fruzzetti. I am really excited because he seems like he will be a wonderful, intelligent, and supportive mentor. You should definitely apply... obviously I am a little biased bc I am on a pink cloud right now, but it seems like a great program.

Feel free to be in touch in the future and let me know if I can help you with anything!

It does seem like a great program; I would be on cloud nine, too. 😀

I will most likely take you up on that offer, thanks!
 
Sorry it took me a while to post. I'm new to the site. I received my offers of admission to the University of Southern California and West Virginia University on 2/20/08 for their Clinical Psychology Ph.D. programs via email and phone call, respectively. I accepted with USC on 2/27/08 and declined the WVU offer the same day.
 
Accepted to University of Florida, Clinical and Health Psychology, Clinical Psych Ph.D. program, Clinical Science track -- phone call from Grad Secretary😀😀😀

now comes the decision making time!!!! yikes . . .

Congrats! Could PM me and let me know who your POI was there?
 
I accepted an offer to Fairleigh Dickinson's clinical psychology Ph.D. program and declined an offer from Bowling Green State University (Clin. Ph.D.)
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i just got an email acceptance from my poi for the sdsu/ucsd joint program in clinical psychology (phd)
 
YAY!!! I got accepted to LSU's Clinical Psych PhD program!!!!!!! 🙂

Oh and just so everyone knows and those who only had one interview will be a bit more optimistic (even though I was a wreck) - YES, it was my ONLY interview.
 
YAY!!! I got accepted to LSU's Clinical Psych PhD program!!!!!!! 🙂

Oh and just so everyone knows and those who only had one interview will be a bit more optimistic (even though I was a wreck) - YES, it was my ONLY interview.

SERIOUS YAY!! I am so happy for you!!
 
I received a letter on February 29th that I was accepted to the Psy.D. program at Chestnut Hill College! Yaaayyyy. It was the only school I applied to.
 
This is my first post, but I've been looking at sdn a lot over the application process. I just got an acceptance today from my first choice school. However, the DCT told me that he couldn't offer me funding yet. Is this typical? At the interview and online it says all incoming students are funded (tuition waiver and stipend) for the last 5 yrs. Any advice or insight? I'm not sure what's going on.
 
This is my first post, but I've been looking at sdn a lot over the application process. I just got an acceptance today from my first choice school. However, the DCT told me that he couldn't offer me funding yet. Is this typical? At the interview and online it says all incoming students are funded (tuition waiver and stipend) for the last 5 yrs. Any advice or insight? I'm not sure what's going on.

The same thing happened to me...I have gotten accepted at my #1 choice school however I was unaware I would have to "apply" for an assistantship..Am i naive or what? It was my assumption that they would just offer one to me....And yes at the interview and online "all of our students have received tuition remission and stipends" for x number of years..."
??
 
YAY!!! I got accepted to LSU's Clinical Psych PhD program!!!!!!! 🙂

Oh and just so everyone knows and those who only had one interview will be a bit more optimistic (even though I was a wreck) - YES, it was my ONLY interview.

Hip hip hooray! 🙂 Ah but how quickly they forget the luck of team GiantSteps! Success always goes to the head! :laugh:
 
YAY!!! I got accepted to LSU's Clinical Psych PhD program!!!!!!! 🙂

Oh and just so everyone knows and those who only had one interview will be a bit more optimistic (even though I was a wreck) - YES, it was my ONLY interview.

Hooray!!! :hardy::hardy::hardy:
 
Acceptances at University of Oklahoma and Iowa State University--both for Counseling Psych. Ph.D. Both were by phone call.
 
Has anyone heard from Suffolk U. yet?

I got rejected from them on Feb 8. It's weird that you haven't heard from them yet, bc most schools do rejections after acceptances (although Suffolk could easily be different!)

Maybe you're waitlisted so they have to wait and see?
 
Four applications, two interviews, and one rejection, but ONE ACCEPTANCE AT MY #1!!!! It's a small program, so I'd rather not say where, but it's an awesome program!

Soooo excited!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm just wondering how many people on here have gotten acceptances and are coming straight out of undergrad?
 
I got 2 acceptances straight out of undergrad.

However, I worked 6+ hours per week EACH in 2 different labs that were related to my research interests (child clinical, externalizing...). Plus, I'm a little older & have a number of years of experience as a foster parent. I don't know how much those factors contributed, but I figure they must have helped some.
 
I'm just wondering how many people on here have gotten acceptances and are coming straight out of undergrad?

Here's my experience: I graduated in 2004 and have worked in research at a major university for the past 4 years. I applied for the first time this year and I got 3 acceptances to clinical Ph.D. programs. Although my academic background is strong I do not think I would have been a competitive applicant straight out of undergrad. Regardless, I am really glad that I didn't apply straight out of undergrad because the last 4 years have really allowed my academic and professional interests to take shape.
 
I heard today via email that I'm on the waiting list for Loyola's clinical psy.d. program. 🙁
 
University of Denver, Clinical psych PsyD, accepted today via phone call from prof, official letter to come via snail mail next week! 🙂
 
University of Denver, Clinical psych PsyD, accepted today via phone call from prof, official letter to come via snail mail next week! 🙂

Congratulations BC! 😀
That sounds like a fab program! Good funding too, right? Think you'll accept? So excited for you! :hardy: xxx
 
Does anyone have any insight into the notification process for Psy.D. programs?

:scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::

I realize the answer will vary from school to school. But since I am new to the process, any experience could helpful to me. For example, if notification is by phone, have you found that a school will call the applicants on the same day? What is the timeframe? Is it true that runaround due to waitlisting can extend until April? If the program says it will notify all outcomes by phone, do some recieve an email or regular mail notification anyway? Has anyone been called in the evening?
 
Does anyone have any insight into the notification process for Psy.D. programs?

:scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::

I realize the answer will vary from school to school. But since I am new to the process, any experience could helpful to me. For example, if notification is by phone, have you found that a school will call the applicants on the same day? What is the timeframe? Is it true that runaround due to waitlisting can extend until April? If the program says it will notify all outcomes by phone, do some recieve an email or regular mail notification anyway? Has anyone been called in the evening?

My school-- Chestnut Hill College-- called me for the interview and sent snail mail for the acceptance. My timeframe was this-- I applied in August (way too early, lol), they began looking at applications in January, I got my interview call and interview in mid February, and got my acceptance at the end of February. I know my process was a little bit different because I applied and was accepted to enter as a 2nd year student. I believe they are doing the 1st year student application process a little bit behind that. The best way to find out is ask your school directly. That's what I did. I asked the director of admissions by what method of contact would I find out about the interview or the possible acceptance. That way I didn't have to stalk the mailwoman everyday when I knew the interview invite would come by phone. 🙂 As far as my school, they did state that classes would mostly likely be filled by March.
 
I'm the first candidate on the waitlist for IUP and am desperately hoping that some folks out there have declined or plan to decline their offers. I've also been accepted to Antioch NE but will be declining my offer there after a long discussion with my financial manager (my wife) 🙂 If need be we will apply again next year to some more financially manageable programs.
 
I got rejected from them on Feb 8. It's weird that you haven't heard from them yet, bc most schools do rejections after acceptances (although Suffolk could easily be different!)

Maybe you're waitlisted so they have to wait and see?



Thanks for the info, but I interviewed there on Feb. 29th. I was just wondering if anyone had heard about acceptances yet.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello!

Does anyone know or have an idea around when St. Johns and LIU Bklyn will be making offers? I forgot to ask at my interviews!

Thanks!
 
A friend of mine got a phone call from them today. very happy for her, very disappointing for me...
 
A friend of mine got a phone call from them today. very happy for her, very disappointing for me...


hey, if it's by phone, they're most likely making calls all day, and maybe over the course of several days -- don't give up yet!