-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
The Official 2008 Acceptance Thread Psy.D/Ph.D
Started by psych08
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Congratz to everyone who received acceptances/interviews! I just got an acceptance to TC counseling via phone from the DOT yesterday!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
waitlisted at WVU 2/25
For what program? And was this information via email, phone, snail mail? Thanks.
1
191088
Accepted to the Psy.D. program at Widener via snail mail !!
For what program? And was this information via email, phone, snail mail? Thanks.
Sorry - it was for the clinical PhD program, and by email.
Accepted to the Psy.D. program at Widener via snail mail !!
Congratulations! If I may ask, what was the date on the letter? I am curious as to when they were mailed.
Accepted to University of Louisville, Clinical Psych. Phone call on Feb 29th which I missed, but the DCT also emailed me to let me know on 3/2/07. 😀
1
191088
Congratulations! If I may ask, what was the date on the letter? I am curious as to when they were mailed.
Zeldazelda - sure, the envelope was post-marked Feb 29th, same date on the body of the letter. I live quite close to the program and received it the very next day.
I see that one of you has been accepted by the UMAss Boston Clinical PhD program, and one of you waitlisted. I interviewed there and am anxious. If you don't mind my asking who is your POI? You could PM me.
Thanks and good luck all🙂
Thanks and good luck all🙂
Waitlisted 🙁.
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PEOPLE... all of those of you fortunate enough to get multiple offers, please turn down the less attractive one as soon as possible! Us waitlisters are dying inside!
When did you interview at Indiana State?...I was supposed to go on Friday but missed it...I was told they would contact me about phone interviews...but if they already made decisions, maybe I should contact them.
Profs tend to do things on their own schedule, so it'd be worth a call to see if the prof. you applied to has made a decision yet.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Waitlisted Univ of Maryland (College Park) on Feb 27th by e-mail from POI. Waitlisted George Mason on March 2nd by e-mail from clinical director.
Both clinical psych PhD programs.
Still waiting to hear from the remaining programs. Good luck to all of you!
Both clinical psych PhD programs.
Still waiting to hear from the remaining programs. Good luck to all of you!
Accepted at Arizona State school psych PhD!
Just accepted, call from DCT, 3/3🙂
Friend of mine was just accepted
Clinical?
Clinical?
Yes
Was a mass e-mail, I think, BUT there's still the opportunity to be waitlisted & get in off the waitlist in the next few weeks or so. Good luck!
you got in? congrats! that's awesome!
I see that the University of Maine accepted already. Is this for the Clinical Ph.D program and the Developmental-Clinical program??
Rejected post-interview for the second year in a row . . . 🙁
FYI - they are extending offers
FYI - they are extending offers
I see that the University of Maine accepted already. Is this for the Clinical Ph.D program and the Developmental-Clinical program??
Im changing this post -- i was just informed that it was for the Developmental-Clinical program. I will edit the first page now!
Univ of Washington for Clinical PhD and Univ of Oregon also for Clinical PhD should be added to the list
Congrats! How did you hear from these programs, email, snail mail, phone,etc..and did you hear from them today? I just want to put up as much infomation as I can
Thanks!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Offer by telephone on 3/3
To the person accepted at Northwestern's Feinberg School of Medicine, can I ask which track you were accepted into? (You can PM me if you'd like.) Thanks!
I just recieved an email from a faculty member at the University of Georgia informing me of my alternate status.
I just checked my online status and it says that I have been accepted!!!! My first acceptance. I am going to be a doctoral student this fall!!!! So happy!!!
has anyone heard anything from university of maryland-college park's counseling phd program?
Received offer via phone call from POI.
I just recieved an email from a faculty member at the University of Georgia informing me of my alternate status.
Clinical or counseling?
Was the acceptance a mass email or personal?
Got accepted to Yeshiva's School-Clinical Child PsyD program today via e-mail 😀
Hi, when did you interview for the school-clinical child psy.d prgram at yeshiva? I was told we wouldn't hear until at least march 16th at the interview.
Accepted via email from admissions director today (3/4)
I know the acceptance calls went out already for Georgia State University. I interviewed there but still haven't heard back but 2 of my friends received phone calls from their POI on 2/27, they were both for the dual clinical-community PhD program. If anybody else received an acceptance from them and doesn't really wanna go there, please reject! lol, I wish all schools would tell you what is the status of your application. I'm tired of just waiting around, I wanna know if I've been rejected, waitlisted or what.
Hi, when did you interview for the school-clinical child psy.d prgram at yeshiva? I was told we wouldn't hear until at least march 16th at the interview.
I interviewed on February 7th. My acceptance e-mail said that I could also expect a letter via snail mail within 2 weeks, so maybe that is what they were referring to in the interview.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I am calling today to accept my offer to one school, but how do I go about declining the other? I feel way too uncomfortable to call that professor?
Any thoughts? What did you all do?
Any thoughts? What did you all do?
So I am calling today to accept my offer to one school, but how do I go about declining the other? I feel way too uncomfortable to call that professor?
Any thoughts? What did you all do?
There's a "Declining an Acceptance" thread with suggestions on what to say to your POI.
Was the acceptance a mass email or personal?
I'm not entirely sure, but it seemed like a form letter that had been sent to more people than just me.
Today I received a call from the program director letting me know that I was accepted 🙂
Offer by email on 3/5🙂
Similar threads
- Replies
- 2
- Views
- 3K
- Replies
- 31
- Views
- 4K
- Replies
- 44
- Views
- 4K