You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
*** The Official ASDOH Class of 2018 Interview/Acceptance Thread***
Started by BigSmil3
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Congrats!!!! You totally will Rock it out!!
Thanks, man! I'm gonna try and not freak out. Haha.
Hi everyone- I just read this thread and looks like I'm a little late in the game! I just got an email a few days ago saying the ASDOH has all of my stuff and it'll take up to 8 weeks to process (blah blah blah). Do any of you know if they do take the full time? Midwestern said expect like 4 weeks and I heard from them in like 2 days...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone- I just read this thread and looks like I'm a little late in the game! I just got an email a few days ago saying the ASDOH has all of my stuff and it'll take up to 8 weeks to process (blah blah blah). Do any of you know if they do take the full time? Midwestern said expect like 4 weeks and I heard from them in like 2 days...
I heard from them about 6 weeks after getting that email.
Does anyone know the stat of how many people interviewed versus how many people were given the accepted notice?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I read somewhere that it was a 1 in 5 chance? Does anyone know if they prefer in-state students?Does anyone know the stat of how many people interviewed versus how many people were given the accepted notice?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I read somewhere that it was a 1 in 5 chance? Does anyone know if they prefer in-state students?
Why would a private school care about OOS or not?
Interviewing on Thursday this week! Very excited! Love me some sunny Arizona!🙂
Stats:
School: ASDOH
Notification date: Aug 19th
Method of notification: email
Residency: Idaho
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/18
GPA (science, overall): Science 3.55 Overall 3.1 BCP 3.84
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19/19/20/20/none
Stats:
School: ASDOH
Notification date: Aug 19th
Method of notification: email
Residency: Idaho
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/18
GPA (science, overall): Science 3.55 Overall 3.1 BCP 3.84
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19/19/20/20/none
Anyone got invited with <700 volunteer hr?😴 I'm still waiting for my turn.
Yep, I had a little less than 600 hours. But I guess that's close enough..?
Still no rejection but going into the 5th week of being under review. Hopefully ill get word soon. Gl everyone!
Anjuab and ctraNA1, how many weeks were u complete before getting a response?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You guys shouldn't worry so much about how MANY hours and worry more about what it is you've done. I don't think I had 700 hours and I got in AND my interview wasn't until AFTER December. They look at a lot of things like grades, DAT scores, volunteer hours, what you actually did, and how many times you've applied. It's hard to say what exactly is important but I will say that the school does a good job picking students that fit in with each other well. I was extremely surprised when I got my interview and eventually got in.
Does anyone have any information regarding the manual dexterity test and/or the group exercise during the interview?
Does anyone have any information regarding the manual dexterity test and/or the group exercise during the interview?
It's a Purdue Pegboard Test. This is the product:
http://www.lafayetteevaluation.com/product_detail.asp?ItemID=159
Kind of how it works. They don't really go crazy with it. But you can see how the pegs and washers and whatever work.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLp7Y3EAXuo
Sent a PM about other stuff.
Anjuab and ctraNA1, how many weeks were u complete before getting a response?
My secondary application was submitted July 26, and I received an invite on September 9.
Got an email at noon today!! Interviewing Oct. 3rd 😀
For those that were rejected to ASDOH, did you all get a confirmation e-mail which included a number for your supplement application?
thats true for 2013 2971 OOS applied 328 got interviewed 68 got accepted and 50 enrolled these numbers are only for OOS applicantsCorrect me if I'm wrong, but I read somewhere that it was a 1 in 5 chance? Does anyone know if they prefer in-state students?
I just got rejected from MOSDOH, but received an invite from ASDOH. Odd?
Rejected...
Interviewed on the 12th, seemed like it went great. Got an email from them on the 13th saying I was still in the pool for consideration (good grief I'd hope so, not even 24 hours after the interview)
Got a snail mail rejection letter today dated the 13th of Sept. Awesome. Glad they took some time to think about it...
Interviewed on the 12th, seemed like it went great. Got an email from them on the 13th saying I was still in the pool for consideration (good grief I'd hope so, not even 24 hours after the interview)
Got a snail mail rejection letter today dated the 13th of Sept. Awesome. Glad they took some time to think about it...
Rejected...
Interviewed on the 12th, seemed like it went great. Got an email from them on the 13th saying I was still in the pool for consideration (good grief I'd hope so, not even 24 hours after the interview)
Got a snail mail rejection letter today dated the 13th of Sept. Awesome. Glad they took some time to think about it...
What happened? How can they reject you not even 24 hours after?
Rejected...
Interviewed on the 12th, seemed like it went great. Got an email from them on the 13th saying I was still in the pool for consideration (good grief I'd hope so, not even 24 hours after the interview)
Got a snail mail rejection letter today dated the 13th of Sept. Awesome. Glad they took some time to think about it...
Ouch! Sorry to hear that. That makes my upcoming interview even more scary... but I guess it gives you motivation to do even better on your next interview! And at least they didn't string you along and keep your hopes up.
If the outcome is the same regardless of when I'm notified, I guess I'd rather hear the next day than Dec 1st. But it must make those travel costs to AZ taste a little bitter... That sucks, hombre, sorry to hear the news.Rejected...
Interviewed on the 12th, seemed like it went great. Got an email from them on the 13th saying I was still in the pool for consideration (good grief I'd hope so, not even 24 hours after the interview)
Got a snail mail rejection letter today dated the 13th of Sept. Awesome. Glad they took some time to think about it...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Sent Sept 13th by email less than 18 hours after interviewing:
"The Admissions Committee of the Arizona School of Dentistry & Oral Health wishes to thank you for interviewing and to inform you that you are still being considered for the class of 2018.
The interviewing process goes through March and the admissions process through May. The Admissions office is unable to respond to status requests or file reviews until after May 1st. If additional academic coursework is completed or new test scores become available, transcripts and test results should be forwarded to us immediately.
Please feel free to contact me at 480-219-6085 or [email protected] if you have any questions concerning this action."
Snail mail letter dated Sept 13th, same day as the email (I like how they say it has been carefully reviewed):
"Thank you for applying to the Arizona School of Dentistry & Oral Health.
The selection committee has carefully reviewed your application and the results of your interview. Unfortunately, we are unable to offer you a place in our class at this time.
The selection committee is charged with the very difficult task of selecting a class from the many excellent candidates we interviewed. Please be ensured that each applicant has received full consideration by the interviewing panel and the selection committee. We are, however, limited in the number of students we can accept each year. Not being selected reflects mainly on the competitiveness of the process, rather than on any significant weakness in your application.
Unfortunately, the selection committee does not release specific information regarding non-acceptance.
I wish you well in your future career."
"The Admissions Committee of the Arizona School of Dentistry & Oral Health wishes to thank you for interviewing and to inform you that you are still being considered for the class of 2018.
The interviewing process goes through March and the admissions process through May. The Admissions office is unable to respond to status requests or file reviews until after May 1st. If additional academic coursework is completed or new test scores become available, transcripts and test results should be forwarded to us immediately.
Please feel free to contact me at 480-219-6085 or [email protected] if you have any questions concerning this action."
Snail mail letter dated Sept 13th, same day as the email (I like how they say it has been carefully reviewed):
"Thank you for applying to the Arizona School of Dentistry & Oral Health.
The selection committee has carefully reviewed your application and the results of your interview. Unfortunately, we are unable to offer you a place in our class at this time.
The selection committee is charged with the very difficult task of selecting a class from the many excellent candidates we interviewed. Please be ensured that each applicant has received full consideration by the interviewing panel and the selection committee. We are, however, limited in the number of students we can accept each year. Not being selected reflects mainly on the competitiveness of the process, rather than on any significant weakness in your application.
Unfortunately, the selection committee does not release specific information regarding non-acceptance.
I wish you well in your future career."
Sent Sept 13th by email less than 18 hours after interviewing:
"The Admissions Committee of the Arizona School of Dentistry & Oral Health wishes to thank you for interviewing and to inform you that you are still being considered for the class of 2018.
The interviewing process goes through March and the admissions process through May. The Admissions office is unable to respond to status requests or file reviews until after May 1st. If additional academic coursework is completed or new test scores become available, transcripts and test results should be forwarded to us immediately.
Please feel free to contact me at 480-219-6085 or [email protected] if you have any questions concerning this action."
Snail mail letter dated Sept 13th, same day as the email (I like how they say it has been carefully reviewed):
"Thank you for applying to the Arizona School of Dentistry & Oral Health.
The selection committee has carefully reviewed your application and the results of your interview. Unfortunately, we are unable to offer you a place in our class at this time.
The selection committee is charged with the very difficult task of selecting a class from the many excellent candidates we interviewed. Please be ensured that each applicant has received full consideration by the interviewing panel and the selection committee. We are, however, limited in the number of students we can accept each year. Not being selected reflects mainly on the competitiveness of the process, rather than on any significant weakness in your application.
Unfortunately, the selection committee does not release specific information regarding non-acceptance.
I wish you well in your future career."
Classy! Maybe they're teaming up with the Mesa Chamber of Commerce to boost tourism dollars by over-inviting. May as well give out some keychains too. Honestly though, it's a little harsh to give it that fast. Yes, it's nice to know sooner than later, but fresh off the plane is just poor form.
Anyhow, you've got more lined up and you'll be in the class of 2018 regardless.
Classy! Maybe they're teaming up with the Mesa Chamber of Commerce to boost tourism dollars by over-inviting. May as well give out some keychains too. Honestly though, it's a little harsh to give it that fast. Yes, it's nice to know sooner than later, but fresh off the plane is just poor form.
Anyhow, you've got more lined up and you'll be in the class of 2018 regardless.
What in the world were they doing in those 24 hours?
Hi all,
So I have an interview at ASDOH October 15th and am freaking out, anybody know some helpful information about the school? And the process of interview? I heard there is a group activity, manual dexterity test, and the interview in which they ask about political/ geographic questions! Anybody interviewed there before? Plz help
So I have an interview at ASDOH October 15th and am freaking out, anybody know some helpful information about the school? And the process of interview? I heard there is a group activity, manual dexterity test, and the interview in which they ask about political/ geographic questions! Anybody interviewed there before? Plz help
Hi all,
So I have an interview at ASDOH October 15th and am freaking out, anybody know some helpful information about the school? And the process of interview? I heard there is a group activity, manual dexterity test, and the interview in which they ask about political/ geographic questions! Anybody interviewed there before? Plz help
Why are you freaking out?
First interview invite today! 300 volunteer hrs, RDH for 5.5 yrs
School: ASDOH
Notification date: Sept 22nd
Method of notification: email
Residency: Oregon
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/12
GPA (science, overall): Science 3.68 Overall 3.76 BCP 3.66
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/19/22/25/none
School: ASDOH
Notification date: Sept 22nd
Method of notification: email
Residency: Oregon
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/12
GPA (science, overall): Science 3.68 Overall 3.76 BCP 3.66
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/19/22/25/none
Anybody interviewing tomorrow? Pretty nervous
What's your name? I think my friend is there tomorrow, or maybe the week after.
I am and I'm also slightly nervous. Especially after reading up about what their interview process is like.
It's just like every other school!
Scheduled my interview for Oct 17th 11:45 am, will be staying at the Windemere, best rate ($59) and includes shuttle and breakfast.
For people wondering:
Submitted app to AADSAS: June 26
Received 2nd app: July 15
Submitted 2nd app: Aug 4th
App completion: Aug 7th
Interview Invite via email: Sep 16th
Interview: Oct 17th
For people wondering:
Submitted app to AADSAS: June 26
Received 2nd app: July 15
Submitted 2nd app: Aug 4th
App completion: Aug 7th
Interview Invite via email: Sep 16th
Interview: Oct 17th
It's just like every other school!
Lol
Scheduled my interview for Oct 17th 11:45 am, will be staying at the Windemere, best rate ($59) and includes shuttle and breakfast.
For people wondering:
Submitted app to AADSAS: June 26
Received 2nd app: July 15
Submitted 2nd app: Aug 4th
App completion: Aug 7th
Interview Invite via email: Sep 16th
Interview: Oct 17th
oct 17th here! see you there🙂
Scheduled my interview for Oct 17th 11:45 am, will be staying at the Windemere, best rate ($59) and includes shuttle and breakfast.
For people wondering:
Submitted app to AADSAS: June 26
Received 2nd app: July 15
Submitted 2nd app: Aug 4th
App completion: Aug 7th
Interview Invite via email: Sep 16th
Interview: Oct 17th
i stayed at the windemere too! the shuttle is extra so make sure you call and they dont pick you up from Phoenix sky harbor airport. It looks a lot nicer on the website than the actual room! I felt like I was going to get murdered but it wasn't unbearable lol
How early is too early to send a thank-you note or email?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If you're IS and interviewed, your odds are 78%.
If OOS and interviewed (like me, then it's 28%.
Eek. However, I do believe I hit a "interview homerun" so I really hope I'm in that 20%
If OOS and interviewed (like me, then it's 28%.
Eek. However, I do believe I hit a "interview homerun" so I really hope I'm in that 20%
Hi Guys,
If you are interviewing, congrats. Some of us D1s would be happy to get together and grab something to eat when you are in town before or after your interview. We can help with a little advice etc and it would be nice to get to know some future D1s. If your only motive would be to extract info about the interview then please don't bother. If you want to meet some cool people and chill a bit to release the tension of the interview process then please let us know. Send me an email: [email protected]
If you are interviewing, congrats. Some of us D1s would be happy to get together and grab something to eat when you are in town before or after your interview. We can help with a little advice etc and it would be nice to get to know some future D1s. If your only motive would be to extract info about the interview then please don't bother. If you want to meet some cool people and chill a bit to release the tension of the interview process then please let us know. Send me an email: [email protected]
Got an email at noon today!! Interviewing Oct. 3rd 😀
Me too - AM. Good luck!
Hi Guys,
If you are interviewing, congrats. Some of us D1s would be happy to get together and grab something to eat when you are in town before or after your interview. We can help with a little advice etc and it would be nice to get to know some future D1s. If your only motive would be to extract info about the interview then please don't bother. If you want to meet some cool people and chill a bit to release the tension of the interview process then please let us know. Send me an email: [email protected]
Thanks for offering this, man. There's really no better way to see if you're a good fit for a school than by interacting with current students outside of the school. It'd definitely helped me shape my opinion, and made ASDOH that much more appealing. I interview tomorrow - so too late for me to take you up on it... just wanted to tell you that it's appreciated!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 27
- Views
- 10K
- Replies
- 65
- Views
- 20K