***The Official ASDOH Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interview invite!! Dec 9th interview. When I called Azra, she said there are 2 more spots in December and the rest of the interviews will resume in January. I improved my application mainly for this school!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Did anyone interview this week? Azra told us interviewees that we would either receive a rejection or a "you're still being considered" email by today, but I have yet to receive such an email. Anyone receive an email from Azra after interviewing this week?

Did anyone interview this week? Azra told us interviewees that we would either receive a rejection or a "you're still being considered" email by today, but I have yet to receive such an email. Anyone receive an email from Azra after interviewing this week?

I interviewed this week as well but I haven't received that email either. I've looked at previous posts on this thread and it looks like some people who interviewed received an email the Tuesday after the week of their interview. And so we wait...

Members don't see this ad :)
How does ASDOH present acceptances? Phone mail email?

How does ASDOH present acceptances? Phone mail email?

phone call from Azra if you are accepted. No contact if you're wait listed. If you don't answer she'll leave a message asking you to call back

Did Azra say to call her Dec 2 if we don't get a call by Dec 1? Or did she say to wait a week or something. I forgot what she said during the interview.

Does anyone know if Azra is making calls on the 1st? During my interview she told us she would be calling on the second. However, I guess Im confused why it isn't the 1st like all the other schools.

Does anyone know if Azra is making calls on the 1st? During my interview she told us she would be calling on the second. However, I guess Im confused why it isn't the 1st like all the other schools.
I thought she said she would be calling the first? I may be wrong though!

I thought she said she would be calling the first? I may be wrong though!

I know she said she would be calling on the 1st. She also said something about what to do if we don't get a call Dec 1, does anyone remember what it was? Are we supposed to call her the following day or week, or do we just keep waiting.

Anybody got an email from them about thanksgiving or invitation to Facebook group page?

Nope! no way I can sleep tonight though! other years they sent everyone at least an email regarding thanksgiving!

Members don't see this ad :)
-

Last edited:
Nope! no way I can sleep tonight though! other years they sent everyone at least an email regarding thanksgiving!
I was thinking the same thing. It's going to be a long night/day. I'm going to jump every time my phone goes off

Why the hell would you ask if you didn't get those emails? :bang: Do us all a favor and sign off for the next few days.
Bahahahaha! just trying to make your night more fun. its along time till 8 am

FYI, not that it makes a big difference, but Azra is out of town and will not be making calls on Monday. Her assistant will be the one calling on Monday Dec. 1st. Good luck all!!

Accepted to ASDOH! Just got the call!!! It's 5:30 a.m. their time! I really really adore this school. I mean really love it! Good luck to everyone else who loves ASDOH! :)

Reactions: 5 users
Azra just called me with an acceptance to ASDOH!!! I am so excited! What a great school.

Reactions: 3 users
Congrats to everyone who has received an acceptance! Hoping my time is soon! So anxious

Reactions: 2 users
Got into ASDOH around 10:30 EST -- I really thought we were getting calls on Dec 2, not today. So so excited for this!

Accepted to ASDOH! Just got the call!!! It's 5:30 a.m. their time! I really really adore this school. I mean really love it! Good luck to everyone else who loves ASDOH! :)

Damn that was fast. Congratulations!

Anybody from the west coast receive any phone calls yet?

I hope so! It's way too hard to concentrate today.
Omgosh yes. I'm so glad my biochem professor changed my test from today to Wednesday....definitely wouldn't have done good on that one!

Maybe she is doing east coast before lunch and west coast after lunch?? Haha I'm so jumpy with my phone today!

Maybe she is doing east coast before lunch and west coast after lunch?? Haha I'm so jumpy with my phone today!

Haha me too. I got my ringer on full blast and if I see an email notification on my phone I'm dropping everything to read it.

I am from Arizona, I live 3 miles from ASDOH, I was called with my acceptance at 8:00am. Out of 12 people that I know who applied to ASDOH, only 2 of us have been accepted so far. I have a friend that got accepted 3 days before the 2018 class started so many more calls will be made from today until just before school starts. Be positive, I'm sure many of you will get the call.

Reactions: 1 users
Got a call from ASDOH around 8:30 am PT. I'm from the west coast. Soooo excited for this one

At what time do you think it's safe to say today isn't the day?

Accepted to ASDOH! Just got the call!!! It's 5:30 a.m. their time! I really really adore this school. I mean really love it! Good luck to everyone else who loves ASDOH!
Did anyone received as unknown phone call from this school or it appearance number ?

Did anyone received as unknown phone call from this school or it appearance number ?

The number appeared and underneath it said "AZ, USA"

got a missed call from "AZ, USA" today.
excitedly called them back....

...but got an automated spam system talking back to me
siiiiike. no acceptance for you

Congrats to everyone accepted at ASDOH and don't lose hope if you're still waiting!

For those of you who have interviewed, can you provide any insight into the interview format and your thoughts on the MMI's? Interviewing next week (for the 2nd time @ ASDOH) and I hope to nail this one! Awesome school!

Congrats to everyone accepted at ASDOH and don't lose hope if you're still waiting!

For those of you who have interviewed, can you provide any insight into the interview format and your thoughts on the MMI's? Interviewing next week (for the 2nd time @ ASDOH) and I hope to nail this one! Awesome school!
The interview was relaxed, but I guess the dynamics of the interview will depend on the interviewers. I had two faculty interviewers, who were incredibly lovely and gracious. The mmi's are fun. They're just case-based scenarios and you have to pretend they're real life situations and roll with them. No way to prepare for them, you just have to be yourself. The fact that this is your second time there will be very helpful as you will be able to let yourself relax, which is the best way to really get to know them and let them get to know you. You will do great, I'm sure :)

So did they send out rejections as well yesterday?
If I did not receive any news, what do you guys think it means?

Reactions: 1 users
This is my third time interviewed here. I haven't gotten the call yet. So sad and depressed :(
Any advice would be really appreciated.

Last edited:
The interview was relaxed, but I guess the dynamics of the interview will depend on the interviewers. I had two faculty interviewers, who were incredibly lovely and gracious. The mmi's are fun. They're just case-based scenarios and you have to pretend they're real life situations and roll with them. No way to prepare for them, you just have to be yourself. The fact that this is your second time there will be very helpful as you will be able to let yourself relax, which is the best way to really get to know them and let them get to know you. You will do great, I'm sure :)
Thanks for the input and encouragement! I know the MMI's are new. I met someone at my Roseman interview who said ASDOH's was his hardest/high-stress interview he's had this cycle so I was a bit worried but I'm just gonna go with the flow. ;)

So did they send out rejections as well yesterday?
If I did not receive any news, what do you guys think it means?
@lateeth123 and @peanuts1, ASDOH is very prompt to send rejections~ many people get them soon after applying and others get them almost immediately after interviews, so if you haven't gotten one, it means they're still genuinely considering you. As someone above said, there are people who get accepted as late as days before school starts. Not saying you should reject sure-bet acceptances and wait for that to happen, but it just shows that late acceptances do go out. Considering ASDOH is very upfront about saying "thanks, but no thanks" do know that if you haven't heard back it is not because they haven't updated their files or they're stringing a lot of candidates along, as some other schools do. They have a TON of applicants (I think I heard they get more applications per seat than any other dental school in the country), so as hard as I'm sure it must be, hang tight and keep thinking positive thoughts. Only one out of three applicants gets accepted to a dental school their first try and stats get a little better with each cycle. Try to live your life and release your natural need to know 'now'. Easier said than done, but it's key to your happiness during this potentially nerve wracking process. You will be surprised how many people get Spring interviews and summer acceptances. Last cycle, a friend of mine who is a year ahead of me in school didn't have any interviews or acceptances even after the holidays and thought she wasn't even going to go to dental school this year. She is now a D1 @ UPenn. You never know :) The secret is to release it and let it happen if it's meant to. A little chocolate might help, but only if you floss and brush afterwards! :love:

Reactions: 4 users
anyone get into both ASDOH and Midwestern AZ? which way are you leaning and why?

So is it safe to say if we didn't hear anything yesterday, the next time we could hear something won't be until next month?

@lateeth123 and @peanuts1, ASDOH is very prompt to send rejections~ many people get them soon after applying and others get them almost immediately after interviews, so if you haven't gotten one, it means they're still genuinely considering you. As someone above said, there are people who get accepted as late as days before school starts. Not saying you should reject sure-bet acceptances and wait for that to happen, but it just shows that late acceptances do go out. Considering ASDOH is very upfront about saying "thanks, but no thanks" do know that if you haven't heard back it is not because they haven't updated their files or they're stringing a lot of candidates along, as some other schools do. They have a TON of applicants (I think I heard they get more applications per seat than any other dental school in the country), so as hard as I'm sure it must be, hang tight and keep thinking positive thoughts. Only one out of three applicants gets accepted to a dental school their first try and stats get a little better with each cycle. Try to live your life and release your natural need to know 'now'. Easier said than done, but it's key to your happiness during this potentially nerve wracking process. You will be surprised how many people get Spring interviews and summer acceptances. Last cycle, a friend of mine who is a year ahead of me in school didn't have any interviews or acceptances even after the holidays and thought she wasn't even going to go to dental school this year. She is now a D1 @ UPenn. You never know :) The secret is to release it and let it happen if it's meant to. A little chocolate might help, but only if you floss and brush afterwards! :love:
Thanks for your kind words :)

Hi All! I am part of the ASDOH Class of 2018. I thought I would write to all you beautiful future dentists (hopefully ASDOH graduates)! I have a very interesting acceptance story that will hopefully allow you guys to stay hopeful and calm. I took my DAT the summer that I applied (Summer of 2013) and did poorly on it. I thought I was not going to get in but luckily, got my interview date for December 12, 2013. I did not hear ANYTHING at all from them. I figured I would start studying for my DAT again and retake it. I took it July 7, 2014. Get this though, Azra called me during my DAT and left a voicemail. I called her back during my break (not sure if I was allowed to use my cell but w/e), and she told me I had gotten accepted for the Class of 2018. Orientation was July 10th and White Coat was July 14th, exactly a week later. Moral of the story is this: DO NOT LOSE HOPE! As someone said on a previous post, their friend also got in the same day I did. Try not to stress so much. Your time will come, even to those who have interviewed at ASDOH 2+ times. My absolute best advice is to stay in contact. Really try to remember to send a Thank You note to your interviewers. Stay in contact with Azra, as I understand she is involved in the acceptance process. OH! And do NOT stress about the MMI's. If you know yourself and be yourself, you'll rock it. Be sure to do your research about ASDOH and our Mission Statement. I did sooo much research, basically dissecting their website and made it clear that I knew the school and that I had been involved. Even if you have interviewed, come to our events! Show your face.

Sorry about this lengthy post. I just tried to put down anything I could think of in this short time. Feel free to inbox me with ANY and ALL questions.

Take care and BEST OF LUCK!! :D

Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.