***The Official ASDOH Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
@lateeth123 and @peanuts1, ASDOH is very prompt to send rejections~ many people get them soon after applying and others get them almost immediately after interviews, so if you haven't gotten one, it means they're still genuinely considering you. As someone above said, there are people who get accepted as late as days before school starts. Not saying you should reject sure-bet acceptances and wait for that to happen, but it just shows that late acceptances do go out. Considering ASDOH is very upfront about saying "thanks, but no thanks" do know that if you haven't heard back it is not because they haven't updated their files or they're stringing a lot of candidates along, as some other schools do. They have a TON of applicants (I think I heard they get more applications per seat than any other dental school in the country), so as hard as I'm sure it must be, hang tight and keep thinking positive thoughts. Only one out of three applicants gets accepted to a dental school their first try and stats get a little better with each cycle. Try to live your life and release your natural need to know 'now'. Easier said than done, but it's key to your happiness during this potentially nerve wracking process. You will be surprised how many people get Spring interviews and summer acceptances. Last cycle, a friend of mine who is a year ahead of me in school didn't have any interviews or acceptances even after the holidays and thought she wasn't even going to go to dental school this year. She is now a D1 @ UPenn. You never know :) The secret is to release it and let it happen if it's meant to. A little chocolate might help, but only if you floss and brush afterwards! :love:

Hi @4luvofteeth and dentalchick91
As I read your post, tears ran down my face, not because that I am sad ( I had enough of that already :)) but how much your kind words meant to me at this point in my life. I am so thankful guys.
It's hard to keep trying and never had one acceptance at all, especially three times interviewing at asdoh.
But you're right, I will try to stay positive and hope for the best. :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
This is my third time interviewed here. I haven't gotten the call yet. So sad and depressed :(
Any advice would be really appreciated.
They interview until April. That means they accept students in April and beyond. They have sent out 40 invitations so far for their 76 seats. Of those 40 who were invited, not all will choose ASDOH. This means that there are many open seats left that will be filled. Don't lose hope, you still have a good chance to get in!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
They interview until April. That means they accept students in April and beyond. They have sent out 40 invitations so far for their 76-78 seats. Of those 40 who were invited, not all will choose ASDOH. This means that there are many open seats left that will be filled. Don't lose hope, you still have a large chance to get in!
Where did you hear this from?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi All! I am part of the ASDOH Class of 2018. I thought I would write to all you beautiful future dentists (hopefully ASDOH graduates)! I have a very interesting acceptance story that will hopefully allow you guys to stay hopeful and calm. I took my DAT the summer that I applied (Summer of 2013) and did poorly on it. I thought I was not going to get in but luckily, got my interview date for December 12, 2013. I did not hear ANYTHING at all from them. I figured I would start studying for my DAT again and retake it. I took it July 7, 2014. Get this though, Azra called me during my DAT and left a voicemail. I called her back during my break (not sure if I was allowed to use my cell but w/e), and she told me I had gotten accepted for the Class of 2018. Orientation was July 10th and White Coat was July 14th, exactly a week later. Moral of the story is this: DO NOT LOSE HOPE! As someone said on a previous post, their friend also got in the same day I did. Try not to stress so much. Your time will come, even to those who have interviewed at ASDOH 2+ times. My absolute best advice is to stay in contact. Really try to remember to send a Thank You note to your interviewers. Stay in contact with Azra, as I understand she is involved in the acceptance process. OH! And do NOT stress about the MMI's. If you know yourself and be yourself, you'll rock it. Be sure to do your research about ASDOH and our Mission Statement. I did sooo much research, basically dissecting their website and made it clear that I knew the school and that I had been involved. Even if you have interviewed, come to our events! Show your face.

Sorry about this lengthy post. I just tried to put down anything I could think of in this short time. Feel free to inbox me with ANY and ALL questions.

Take care and BEST OF LUCK!! :D
Great story! I have heard it before because I am friends with about 12 of your class mates. So, I can verify that this is a true story. Also, two other D1's (class of 2018) were accepted right before classes started. (both are friends of mine). One of them had even applied for the next cycle and was receiving interview requests! I second your counsel to not lose hope and stay positive!

Reactions: 1 users
They interview until April. That means they accept students in April and beyond. They have sent out 40 invitations so far for their 76-78 seats. Of those 40 who were invited, not all will choose ASDOH. This means that there are many open seats left that will be filled. Don't lose hope, you still have a large chance to get in!
You say they have already sent out 40 invitations, but how long do you think it will be before they send out more? Do they wiat to see how many respond before sending more? I got accepted to OHSU which is awesome, but I have until Dec 31st to accept and I definitely have my eye on this school as well. Really liked it.

You say they have already sent out 40 invitations, but how long do you think it will be before they send out more? Do they wiat to see how many respond before sending more? I got accepted to OHSU which is awesome, but I have until Dec 31st to accept and I definitely have my eye on this school as well. Really liked it.

Sorry, I do not know the answer to your question. Congrats with Oregon! I have a cousin who graduated from there and still practices in the Portland area.

Members don't see this ad :)
No, my application was not complete until Sept 26th. (really late!) I interviewed on October 7th, in the morning.
Oh ok I had someone interviewing with me that seemed to know everyone of the staff lol

Oh ok I had someone interviewing with me that seemed to know everyone of the staff lol
Was he an x-ray tech for ASDOH? If so I know him very well. He was accepted yesterday also.

Hi @4luvofteeth and dentalchick91
As I read your post, tears ran down my face, not because that I am sad ( I had enough of that already :)) but how much your kind words meant to me at this point in my life. I am so thankful guys.
It's hard to keep trying and never had one acceptance at all, especially three times interviewing at asdoh.
But you're right, I will try to stay positive and hope for the best. :)

Please try to realize and understand that there is so much you can offer. It really takes a lot of networking. I don't know how much I can emphasize networking when it comes to ASDOH. Show your face. That is honestly the best advice I can give. You will be a dentist in the end, regardless of what class you are in.

Great story! I have heard it before because I am friends with about 12 of your class mates. So, I can verify that this is a true story. Also, two other D1's (class of 2018) were accepted right before classes started. (both are friends of mine). One of them had even applied for the next cycle and was receiving interview requests! I second your counsel to not lose hope and stay positive!

It is so stressful getting in a few days before! I am sure your friends told you the same. I had to scramble to get all my immunizations together and such. But I wouldn't change a thing. It did take me a bit longer to get used to such a non-stop schedule but in the end, it is all worth it once you get the hang of things. I am so happy to see that you are so involved with ASDOH. OH and please be sure to register for Give Kids a Smile in February. We would love to have volunteers :)

Sorry, I do not know the answer to your question. Congrats with Oregon! I have a cousin who graduated from there and still practices in the Portland area.
Awesome! Portland is a neat place. Yeah its a great looking school, brand new facility and all and I'll be happy to go there! I've been in Oregon all my life and a change of pace would be nice though.

It is so stressful getting in a few days before! I am sure your friends told you the same. I had to scramble to get all my immunizations together and such. But I wouldn't change a thing. It did take me a bit longer to get used to such a non-stop schedule but in the end, it is all worth it once you get the hang of things. I am so happy to see that you are so involved with ASDOH. OH and please be sure to register for Give Kids a Smile in February. We would love to have volunteers :)
I love the Give Kids a Smile event. I plan on doing it again this year. Are you one of the D1's who is planning it?

Is anyone trying to make a decision between ASDOH and another school this month? I was recently accepted to both ASDOH and LECOM, and I don't believe it will be an easy decision for me. I am a Florida resident, and I loved both schools, and I love that both provide their students extensive clinical experience. I feel like I may be leaning towards ASDOH because it is older and more established (also loved the faculty and how personalized my interview experience was), but I also like the idea of staying in Florida close to family and friends. LECOM had a group interview, and I understand the emphasis they place on working with other, but I left feeling like no one truly got to know me as an individual.

From what I understand, students are happy and have less stress at both schools, which is great. Also the facilities at both schools are incredible. Could any current ASDOH students provide insight on their experience? Do many of your classmates attend from far away states? I certainly don't mind attending school in AZ for 3-4 years, in fact a change of pace could be a great thing, but I am certain I will want to practice back in Florida when I am finished. Do recent graduates practice in local areas, or are they able to find jobs/residencies all over the country?

Also---how often and for how long do you have breaks at ASDOH?

Other students facing a decision--why are you choosing ASDOH?

Again, any advice would be great--I have less than 30 days to make a decision! I was so excited to hear from this school--sounds like it could be an amazing opportunity.

Is anyone trying to make a decision between ASDOH and another school this month? I was recently accepted to both ASDOH and LECOM, and I don't believe it will be an easy decision for me. I am a Florida resident, and I loved both schools, and I love that both provide their students extensive clinical experience. I feel like I may be leaning towards ASDOH because it is older and more established (also loved the faculty and how personalized my interview experience was), but I also like the idea of staying in Florida close to family and friends. LECOM had a group interview, and I understand the emphasis they place on working with other, but I left feeling like no one truly got to know me as an individual.

From what I understand, students are happy and have less stress at both schools, which is great. Also the facilities at both schools are incredible. Could any current ASDOH students provide insight on their experience? Do many of your classmates attend from far away states? I certainly don't mind attending school in AZ for 3-4 years, in fact a change of pace could be a great thing, but I am certain I will want to practice back in Florida when I am finished. Do recent graduates practice in local areas, or are they able to find jobs/residencies all over the country?

Again, any advice would be great--I have less than 30 days to make a decision! I was so excited to hear from this school--sounds like it could be an amazing opportunity.

Congrats on acceptance to both great schools! I'm actually a Florida resident who interviewed at both lecom and asdoh as well :) however I was wait listed to lecom and am waiting to hear from asdoh :( before interviewing at both I was also uncertain of but afterward, I knew asdoh was my top choice for sure! I also felt the group interview for lecom was more impersonal and asdoh got to know me a lot better. I'm leaning toward asdoh because I want a change of pace, I felt more comfortable there, they're more established especially with rotations in later years, I love how community service oriented they are because that's very important to me and I just loved loved loved everything about it. I was so starry eyed lol anyway, good luck on your decision!

Congrats on acceptance to both great schools! I'm actually a Florida resident who interviewed at both lecom and asdoh as well :) however I was wait listed to lecom and am waiting to hear from asdoh :( before interviewing at both I was also uncertain of but afterward, I knew asdoh was my top choice for sure! I also felt the group interview for lecom was more impersonal and asdoh got to know me a lot better. I'm leaning toward asdoh because I want a change of pace, I felt more comfortable there, they're more established especially with rotations in later years, I love how community service oriented they are because that's very important to me and I just loved loved loved everything about it. I was so starry eyed lol anyway, good luck on your decision!
What a small world!! I absolutely loved ASDOH too--it was the only interview where I felt they tried to get to know me besides my grades/research/DAT scores, they looked into the tiniest details of my application --thought it was the coolest thing, and really made a difference in my perception of it. I really hope it works out for you here-still plenty of time!

They interview until April. That means they accept students in April and beyond. They have sent out 40 invitations so far for their 76-78 seats. Of those 40 who were invited, not all will choose ASDOH. This means that there are many open seats left that will be filled. Don't lose hope, you still have a good chance to get in!
Thanks for the information!! That makes me feel a little more at ease!

Hello! Congrats they are both great schools :) I just want to make one comment since I did interview at both schools. If you want to practice in Florida then I think LECOM might be a better place because I remember during my interview their D3 and D4 had their actual visit cards and they were recruiting their own patients besides the ones that were given to them by the school. So, it is going to be much easier for you to establish your practice in Florida if you attend LECOM, since you are already there and are more familiar with all the rules and maybe have even recruited some of your own patients. There is also going to be a greater chance of networking for you if you are from a school in that area.
But again, it is absolutely your decision. Both of them are great schools; ASDOH is absolutely much more established and if you want to go to specialty then you might be better off at ASDOH. Otherwise, LECOM might be a good choice :) Congratulations again and I am sure you will be successful wherever you go.

Has anyone been wait listed?

Is there a facebook page for class of 2019?

Interview on Sept/16. No word from Admission yet. Anyone know what is that mean? waitting list or rejected ? Thanks

Has anyone been rejected from this school?

Haven't received an acceptance, wait list or rejection notification yet. Just keeping us in the dark if you didn't get in right away I guess!

If you didn't get a call or a rejection after your interview you are on the wait list

Does anyone know if there are grade requirements on the prerequisite classes?

Also, when did Azra say we can call to ask about our position on their list?

Thanks!

Does anyone know if there are grade requirements on the prerequisite classes?

Also, when did Azra say we can call to ask about our position on their list?

Thanks!
When did you find out that you were on the wait list? I'm still anxiously awaiting any kind of news lol

Reactions: 1 users
When did you find out that you were on the wait list? I'm still anxiously awaiting any kind of news lol
From what I've been reading, it sounds like if we haven't received a rejection yet we are still being considered, and hence somewhere on their massive list, just not in the top 40 they already called.

I thought Azra said there was a time period to wait before calling them to ask exactly where we are on their list, but I don't see it in my notes...

Did anyone who interviewed yesterday (Dec 9th) receive any correspondence from Azra?

~Hana

I just received the email from Azra stating that I'm still being considered! Now....we wait! >.<

I sent an email to Azra asking my status, but I never get response. I just wonder if anyone have same situation ? Feel so anxiuos..should I call them or just wait ?

Haven't received an acceptance, wait list or rejection notification yet. Just keeping us in the dark if you didn't get in right away I guess!
Did you contact them ? I have same situation. Pre Dec interviewed

I sent an email to Azra asking my status, but I never get response. I just wonder if anyone have same situation ? Feel so anxiuos..should I call them or just wait ?

I emailed Azra too, and no response.

Hi everyone. Although I really love ASDOH, I'm declining my acceptance because of cost, and have opted to attend my state school instead. I hope the opened spot will make someone very happy!

Reactions: 3 users
Is anyone else anxiously awaiting tomorrow in hopes that they will call those to fill the spaces due to people not putting in their deposit!?

It says in the email they can't give any updates until May 1st

You got an email, Mrs. Hawk?

I have to submit my deposit no later than tomorrow for a different school. I was holding out to hear to hear anything from ASDOH.

How do we know they will be making calls tomorrow?

You got an email, Mrs. Hawk?

I have to submit my deposit no later than tomorrow for a different school. I was holding out to hear to hear anything from ASDOH.
I was referring to the email that was sent right after the interview.

How do we know they will be making calls tomorrow?
We don't but deposits were due yesterday so I was hoping they would fill the spots that didn't put in their deposit!

Does anyone know when they're again to discuss applicants!?

Status
Not open for further replies.