The Official August 2, 2013 MCAT Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Qester

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
The date is quickly approaching and it is time to step it up guys!

Who all is taking the test on this date?

Lets work together and make sure we all score well!

Members don't see this ad.

My Kaplan were a little on the other side of my actual score. I averaged a 40.66 on the last three (41,42,39). I think if you take the average of my last 6 (AAMC and Kaplan) it would've worked out somewhere around my score.

Hmm, OK. I think that's what I've noticed, too.

what did u do different this time if u don't mind me asking?...

thanks man!

I studied 2-3 hours a day for 6 weeks last year and this year I studied 4-5 hours a day for 4 months. I also had one more year of undergrad under my belt with four more psyc classes. That alone probably helped my verbal score.

Here are all my practice test scores from this year:

av3QqsS.png

Last edited:
I wholeheartedly applaud those who rocked their MCAT. Hopefully, I see a 10 point increase for myself soon...

IF YOU CAN DREAM IT, YOU CAN DO IT!

Members don't see this ad :)
I took the August 3rd exam, but will post my results anyway. I welcome any thoughts/advice people have:

AAMC Average (first 4): approximately 30
AAMC Average (last 3): 34-35 with an approximate breakdown of 12 PS, 10VR, 12BS
June 20th MCAT: 29 with a breakdown of 9 PS, 8 VR, 12BS
August 3rd MCAT: 33 with a breakdown of 13PS, 10VR, 10BS

I am disappointed with the 2 point drop in BS from my frist mcat, but I don't think I should re-take (right?) Does anybody have any thoughts on how adcoms will view my breakdown of 13PS, 10VR, 10BS ? I have a sGPA of 3.9 and a cGPA of 3.33. I'm a non-traditional student. I majored in humanities and my non-sci GPA got obliterated from a bad year in undergrad. My post-bas GPA is 3.98 and I have good ECs and letters. Any thoughts on my chances? Thanks!

Hi guys, I'm a little late on the score posting but I was pretty thrilled with mine :D No retake for me!!!!

14 PS/ 11 VR / 13 BS = 38

Attachments

• MCAT Scores.jpg
    MCAT Scores.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 172
Last edited:
I think we all would kill for a 10 point increase haha

Your avatar is awesome btw. Love me some KH :thumbup:

Thanks a lot bro! Can't wait for when KH 1.5 HD Remix comes out 9/10. Even though that's the day before my MCAT. But I won't be doing anything that day anyways. haha

Was definitely dreading checking my score, and finally just closed my eyes and signed in and voila! Can't say I'm stoked about it, but definitely an improvement in the area I was hoping to improve in. Last year I got a 6VR/11PS/13BS= 30Q, and this time around I ended up with 11VR/12PS/10BS=33. Feeling pretty happy though. Good luck to everyone who is applying this cycle!

Originally Posted by UoCfin

what did u do different this time if u don't mind me asking?...

thanks man!

I studied 2-3 hours a day for 6 weeks last year and this year i studied 4-5 hours a day for 4 months. I also had one more year of undergrad under my belt with five more psyc classes. That alone probably helped my verbal score.

Here are all my practice test scores from this year:

av3QqsS.png

Thanks dude...

Apologies for the delayed post, I was visiting the forum to see how others did and thought I would give my own results!

I wrote multiple AAMC practice tests throughout the summer and was scoring a 32 on average.

I wrote on June 20th and got VR=9 BS=11 PS=8 Total=28. I was discouraged with this result and was only motivated to push on and write August 2nd.

August 2nd I scored 10's across the board for a total of 30.

Congratulations to all of you who are happy with your marks and best of luck to those who continue to push on!

O Grady when do you end up getting your results?

Sept. 17th. The wait has been killing me!

Thanks a lot bro! Can't wait for when KH 1.5 HD Remix comes out 9/10. Even though that's the day before my MCAT. But I won't be doing anything that day anyways. haha

What console(s) is that coming out on? Sadly I don't have a Ps3....

Hi friends, lets keep this going. Those who took the august 2nd mcat and are applying for the 2014 cycle why dont you post your stats and where you applied so we can help each other through the process. Fill out the below:

GPA:
Last 2 years:
MCAT:
Applied:
Interviews:
Accepted:
Rejected:

GPA: 3.4
Last 2 years: 3.9
MCAT: 34
Applied: Dalhousie, Memorial, Sherbrooke, St. George's (Caribbean), and the irish schools: UCD, UCC, RCSI, Trinity, Limerick.
Interviews:
Accepted:
Rejected:

Hi friends, lets keep this going. Those who took the august 2nd mcat and are applying for the 2014 cycle why dont you post your stats and where you applied so we can help each other through the process. Fill out the below:

GPA:
Last 2 years:
MCAT:
Applied:
Interviews:
Accepted:
Rejected:

GPA: 3.4
Last 2 years: 3.9
MCAT: 34
Applied: Dalhousie, Memorial, Sherbrooke, St. George's (Caribbean), and the irish schools: UCD, UCC, RCSI, Trinity, Limerick.
Interviews:
Accepted:
Rejected:

Why did you waste money applying in the Caribbean?

awh u guys are really mean. I applied to the carribean because I wanted to make sure I had a fall back incase everything that could go wrong did. That's not neuroticism that's solid planning.