*** The Official Buffalo Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Weakfart

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Whale whale whale. A new year a new cycle, whose applying to UB?!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Good luck everyone :)

Reactions: 1 user
I am too and my app is under review!

Anyone here already apply with a committee letter? My app says incomplete because I don't have 3 letters...

Yes I did. My app is under review

Were you first batch? I didn't make first so I'm thinking that might be why since I got the email of incomplete roughly a few days after first batch.

Were you first batch? I didn't make first so I'm thinking that might be why since I got the email of incomplete roughly a few days after first batch.
Yeah I was. It's been under review for a week or so

Hey guys does anyone know any info about this:

I emailed admissions of Buffalo to ask if they have instate tuition after one year:

this the response:

Thank you for your interest in the University at Buffalo - School of Dental Medicine.

No that information is not correct. Please see the website for correct information on New York State residency.

http://studentaccounts.buffalo.edu/policies/residency.php

Sincerely,

Barbara D. Weinberg

Admissions Coordinator

SUNY at Buffalo

School of Dental Medicine

Help?!
I dont really want to apply here if I dont get instate after 1 year.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys does anyone know any info about this:

I emailed admissions of Buffalo to ask if they have instate tuition after one year:

this the response:

Thank you for your interest in the University at Buffalo - School of Dental Medicine.

No that information is not correct. Please see the website for correct information on New York State residency.

http://studentaccounts.buffalo.edu/policies/residency.php

Sincerely,

Barbara D. Weinberg

Admissions Coordinator

SUNY at Buffalo

School of Dental Medicine

Help?!
I dont really want to apply here if I dont get instate after 1 year.
Stony and Buffalo offer auto instate after a year. As does Ohio, UCSF, UCLA, UNC, UCONN, and UF. Not sure about other state schools!

Stony and Buffalo offer auto instate after a year. As does Ohio, UCSF, UCLA, UNC, UCONN, and UF. Not sure about other state schools!
Where did you hear this about UNC?

Edit: Never mind. A bunch of other threads corroborate your statement, although getting IS tuition may be getting harder? I'm not sure...

Where did you hear this about UNC?

Edit: Never mind. A bunch of other threads corroborate your statement, although getting IS tuition may be getting harder? I'm not sure...
Haven't heard about UNC getting more difficult, from looking around this forum and the medical forum (believe me I looked!), Maryland is getting more difficult with some people having to wait a second year. NY and CA are automatic for IS tuition, as a few other states!

Interesting the link she sent me seems to indicate otherwise. If anyone knows someone from Buffalo could they ask? Thanks!
Lol I'm from Buffalo, actually I live across the street from the Dental school!

Lol I'm from Buffalo, actually I live across the street from the Dental school!
So why didnt she just say yes, instead she sent a link making it seem like you need to buy a house or something? Any ideas?

So why didnt she just say yes, instead she sent a link making it seem like you need to buy a house or something? Any ideas?

You do need to change some paper work if I recall correctly, like your license to NY and what not. Not sure of the exact process, but after that it's pretty much guaranteed. I don't think you need to buy a house, but if you buy a house before they start considering residencies or something you can get instate even your first year at Buffalo.

sweet thanks for the vote of confidence! the link doesnt really make it seem like an easy process

I mean, it's not as easy as checking a box but filling a couple of forms here and there isn't too much work to get IS tuition. Most likely what you'll have to do is just give an address you live at in NY and maybe a few other things.

Hi,

So for OOS people, in order to receive in state tuition, you should have proof that you live in NY for at least a year. You will need to submit your lease, change your license plate and register, change your driver license, do your tax return in NY State. I think it's not hard for people to get in state tuition after their first year. The upperclassmen did address about getting in-state tuition during orientation with a checklist of what you should do - they have someone who got the in state tuition after their 1st year to come to speak with you abt that. And you can look at the website that Barbara sent you too.

Reactions: 1 users
What date should we start expecting interview invites?

Hi,

So for OOS people, in order to receive in state tuition, you should have proof that you live in NY for at least a year. You will need to submit your lease, change your license plate and register, change your driver license, do your tax return in NY State. I think it's not hard for people to get in state tuition after their first year. The upperclassmen did address about getting in-state tuition during orientation with a checklist of what you should do - they have someone who got the in state tuition after their 1st year to come to speak with you abt that. And you can look at the website that Barbara sent you too.
This doesn't apply to the international students though, right?

This doesn't apply to the international students though, right?
Yes. I'm pretty sure international students can't get IS tuition at any school anyway until they get a green card?

Received an interview invite!! :clap:

I also received an interview invitation today around 2:45pm via email. I am a Massachusetts resident, e-submitted in the first batch, although my letter of rec. wasn't sent in until July 12thish, my cgpa is 3.78 and sgpa is 3.76. My dat scores are in my sig, my favorite color is blue, and greatest fear is bees. Since everyone always asks.

Reactions: 2 users
Congrats all on your interviews! If you have any questions, feel free to ask me and I'll try my best to answer them :)

Got continuing review email today aka the kiss of death :(

weakfart what day did you schedule interview?