You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
*** The Official Buffalo Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***
Started by Weakfart
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Is it better to stay close to the campus for the interview? I'm looking for a place (hotel or inn) to stay.
Last year I stayed at the Wyndham and took the taxi to the school. Took me like 10 mins. They'll get the cab ready for you too
I was gonna stay at the cheap hotel close to the school but it was snowing so I wasn't gonna walk anyways
There's University manor Inn right across the campus. maybe about 5-10 minute walk to the dental school?Is it better to stay close to the campus for the interview? I'm looking for a place (hotel or inn) to stay.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
There's University manor Inn right across the campus. maybe about 5-10 minute walk to the dental school?
Yes, I found that inn too. It's cheap and very close to the campus. The reviews of that inn are not good though. But it's just one day so it should be fine, i hope.
Yeah it looks kinda weird too, I always forget it exists because it is kinda hidden. Ha-haYes, I found that inn too. It's cheap and very close to the campus. The reviews of that inn are not good though. But it's just one day so it should be fine, i hope.
Why did you decline?Declined my interview spot at Buffalo. I hope one of you gets it 🙂
What shuttle/taxi service is recommended from Buffalo International?
Is there uber there?What shuttle/taxi service is recommended from Buffalo International?
Is there uber there?
Unfortunately not...
There's only one or two taxi services I believe in Buffalo. Doesn't really matter which you use, public transportation isn't really big in Buffalo except for maybe the subway. So expect to pay a decent amount.What shuttle/taxi service is recommended from Buffalo International?
Would it be wise to send more documents to Buffalo? Why me and why I have a low gpa? They do not have supplement so I would like to send thing more about be than just my personal statement and basic professional experience with lil description.
What do you all think?
What do you all think?
hmm.. I doubt that they would even look at things you send to the office since it's not fair for other applicants.Would it be wise to send more documents to Buffalo? Why me and why I have a low gpa? They do not have supplement so I would like to send thing more about be than just my personal statement and basic professional experience with lil description.
What do you all think?
That is a good point... guess I will wait and be hopeful.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If anyone is interviewing on October 19 and wants to split a rental car or taxi to and from the airport, PM me!
I have a 10/9 interview, driving up from NYC most likely before hand. Anyone want a ride with me or share hotel/inn/motel?
Does anyone know what the case interview is like? How long? Potential topics? How to best prepare for it, etc.?
Thanks and good luck everyone 🙂
So the interview will start with a short essay. Then the actual interview. I think different interviewers will have different cases, but I'm not 100% sure about that. You will have 1 case study in the beginning of your interview 1 (2 interviews with 2 faculty). They will give you the case scenario to read and a few minute to think about it and discuss what you think with them. It is not something hard, they just want to know your critical thinking skills, how you present your point of view and defend it. Relax and chill 😀 UB people are nice
Lol I had my case interview for the 2nd one.So the interview will start with a short essay. Then the actual interview. I think different interviewers will have different cases, but I'm not 100% sure about that. You will have 1 case study in the beginning of your interview 1 (2 interviews with 2 faculty). They will give you the case scenario to read and a few minute to think about it and discuss what you think with them. It is not something hard, they just want to know your critical thinking skills, how you present your point of view and defend it. Relax and chill 😀 UB people are nice
Is anyone willing to give me a ride from and to megabus stop for Oct 19th 🙁? I'll pay for the gas money!
Maybe. PM me.Is anyone willing to give me a ride from and to megabus stop for Oct 19th 🙁? I'll pay for the gas money!
Anyone that interviewed at Buffalo already- did you receive a follow up email stating "update us if your information changes" ?
I had two case interviews with follow up question and a conversation.
Also, my interviewer quoted my personal statement and asked me to elaborate! So make sure u read your ps! I hadn't read mine since May when I wrote it lol!
Also, my interviewer quoted my personal statement and asked me to elaborate! So make sure u read your ps! I hadn't read mine since May when I wrote it lol!
Just got an invite. UB is my alma mater too! So excited!!
yea just got the same email todayGot an email for "Continued Review" "I was not selected for an interview but will be periodically be reviewed" Sounds like a fancy rejection.
Me too :'(yea just got the same email today
Got that email too. It offended me personally, but then I realized I probably don't actually want to live in Buffalo haha.
But to everyone else, congrats! 👍
But to everyone else, congrats! 👍
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
haha! I guess we need to focus on other interviews lol.. (trying to get over it..) But to others who received interview, Good luck 🙂Got that email too. It offended me personally, but then I realized I probably don't actually want to live in Buffalo haha.
But to everyone else, congrats! 👍
I hear they have tunnels underground because you literally can't be outside during winter lolGot that email too. It offended me personally, but then I realized I probably don't actually want to live in Buffalo haha.
But to everyone else, congrats! 👍
Buffalo is quite oos friendly actuallyI'd imagine an NY state school is practically impossible for mortal OOSers
I didnt get the 'continued review' email everyone is talking about here. Is this a sign of straight up rejection? they didnt even bother sending me an email? lol
![]()
😳😳![]()
Right there with ya bud
Right there with ya bud
and to top it all, im an NY resident
Anyone going to the 19th interview?
Did anyone get a email letter thanking them for attending the interview?
I didnt get the 'continued review' email everyone is talking about here. Is this a sign of straight up rejection? they didnt even bother sending me an email? lol
![]()
😳😳![]()
Probably better you didn't get that email.
Just got the beat around the bush no email of "continuing to review"
Just got the beat around the bush no email of "continuing to review"
Lol same
continuing review and i want to know why as my stats are above by a lot, grrrr
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OOS?continuing review and i want to know why as my stats are above by a lot, grrrr
Were there any rejections given out?
A little late but received an Interview Invite on 10/13
GPA sci/overall: 3.32/3.35
Dat AA/TS/PAT/RC/QR: 20/22/20/19/17
Oos - Cali
GPA sci/overall: 3.32/3.35
Dat AA/TS/PAT/RC/QR: 20/22/20/19/17
Oos - Cali
Nope not out of stateOOS?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 27
- Views
- 10K
- Replies
- 65
- Views
- 20K