*** The Official Buffalo Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Started by Weakfart
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

I'd imagine an NY state school is practically impossible for mortal OOSers
Hey, I'm a first year at Buffalo. It's true that they're a state school but they still take anywhere from 19-24 OOS students every year, class size is 90. As far as tuition, Buffalo is one of the more affordable schools even for an OOS student, and acquiring In-state status after 12months is pretty straight forward as long as you read the requirements before you start dental school and get things in line. As far as the school itself, The faculty and staff are probably the best you can ask for, very supportive and they go out of their way to help you. The facilities are also getting renovated so should you get accepted to here, you should seriously consider it. Just my 2 cents and good luck to all of you 🙂
 
Hey, I'm a first year at Buffalo. It's true that they're a state school but they still take anywhere from 19-24 OOS students every year, class size is 90. As far as tuition, Buffalo is one of the more affordable schools even for an OOS student, and acquiring In-state status after 12months is pretty straight forward as long as you read the requirements before you start dental school and get things in line. As far as the school itself, The faculty and staff are probably the best you can ask for, very supportive and they go out of their way to help you. The facilities are also getting renovated so should you get accepted to here, you should seriously consider it. Just my 2 cents and good luck to all of you 🙂

There is no doubt its an excellent school and I would love to attent! I just need an in interview first. 😀

Thank you for chiming in! We all appreciate it.
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone (current and past cycles included) received an interview from UB after getting the continuing review email... I figured that email isnt the most hopeful of them all but just trying to remain optimistic :/
 
Has anyone (current and past cycles included) received an interview from UB after getting the continuing review email... I figured that email isnt the most hopeful of them all but just trying to remain optimistic :/

I know of someone that got the "continued review" and was invited to invterview a week later.
 
Guys I wanna be positive too but I got the email also..if so many of us got it.. it's prob a mass e-mal. :corny:
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got this "Your application will be reviewed by the Admissions Committee and an update on your status will take place over the next number of weeks." on Aug 25th...Nothing else after that. Should I email and ask..
 
I got this "Your application will be reviewed by the Admissions Committee and an update on your status will take place over the next number of weeks." on Aug 25th...Nothing else after that. Should I email and ask..
The Admissions Committee is currently reviewing your application. Please note that the review process may take several weeks. Upon completion of the review you will receive notification of your application status via email...
Got this on 9/30....
 
I scheduled my interview in January.. I know its not predecember.. Anyone knows that the chance of getting accepted if I interview that late?
 
OOS recently received an interview, just wondering if the interviews are open file, or closed file? Will the interviewers ask specifics about our application? Or more general open ended questions/discussions
 
I scheduled my interview in January.. I know its not predecember.. Anyone knows that the chance of getting accepted if I interview that late?
OOS recently received an interview, just wondering if the interviews are open file, or closed file? Will the interviewers ask specifics about our application? Or more general open ended questions/discussions

CONGRATS guys 🙂 If you guys don't mind me asking... What was your mail-out date and stats (GPA/DAT score)?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OOS recently received an interview, just wondering if the interviews are open file, or closed file? Will the interviewers ask specifics about our application? Or more general open ended questions/discussions
For my first interview, it was open file so he asked specifics about my application and then open-ended questions. For my second interview, she asked an ethical question and then open-ended questions; she knew some parts about my application but didn't ask specifics about it. I hope this helps! 🙂
 
that is a confidential link and is supposed to only be available to those who received an interview invitation. I believe you are taking a risk by posting that.
Oh, I didn't know! Idk how to delete...

Can you erase it from your post? Buffalo is on top of my list tbh!!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know when Buffalo starts sending out rejections for the continued review people? Or do they just leave you hanging like