*** The Official Buffalo Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faux

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Don't see a thread for some odd reason. Hopefully I didn't miss it.
Good luck guys! If you have any questions, please feel free.

I'll quote TeethAreMyThing's post.

Hey guys, incoming UB D1 here. I figured I'd start this year's thread. @Weakfart has made very detailed threads in the past, so be sure to check them out. I have updated most of the links.

*** The Official Buffalo Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Class of '21 Thread
Class of '20 Thread
Class of '19 Thread
DDS Program Overview
Good luck to everyone applying this year, and feel free to ask questions as they come up!

Link to interview prep: SUNY - University at Buffalo School of Dental Medicine Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants! :)

*edited by staff to include link to interview feedback

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 user
Good luck everyone!
I am here applied too :)

Last edited:
First interview invites came on August 9th last year!
UB is my top choice because I would have less debt after graduation.
Good luck everyone!!

Members don't see this ad :)
First interview invites came on August 9th last year!
UB is my top choice because I would have less debt after graduation.
Good luck everyone!!

How easy is it to get in-state tuition?

Does anyone know when they're sending out interviews this year?

what do you mean? like for true NY residents, or even people who apply to Buffalo from OOS and move?

what do you mean? like for true NY residents, or even people who apply to Buffalo from OOS and move?

Its one of the easier schools to get in state residency if you're and OOS student.

Its one of the easier schools to get in state residency if you're and OOS student.
Ahh okay. I'm a NY resident so I guess that doesn't affect me too much. Are you aware of other schools that are considered relatively easy to obtain in state residency?

Ahh okay. I'm a NY resident so I guess that doesn't affect me too much. Are you aware of other schools that are considered relatively easy to obtain in state residency?

Uconn and Rutgers

Members don't see this ad :)
Interview invite!!!

Interview invite as well! NY resident

Has anyone noticed that the possible dates are Friday Oct 23 and Friday Oct 30... but those aren't Fridays? Those would be Wednesdays... I'm assuming they mean October 19 and October 26!

***Edit: they've fixed it on the link!

Last edited:
I'm also a NY resident who received an interview invite today

I also got an interview! Utah resident

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also got an interview invite Friday! I’m wondering if anyone knows how many students they normally interview per year compared to how many acceptances they give? Do you think choosing one of the later dates hurts you?

Man why is The Ubuff thread so much more lit than stony. I’m sure most of you here also applied to stony, don’t be shy!
:welcome:

just got a "continuing to review" email. meh

looks like both of you have very high DAT scores... maybe they're afraid you won't go there anyway even with an acceptance? :bored:
@DigitalDental
@jLaws

Me too, put a damper on my day. Retaking the DATs oct. 12th as well. What are our chances now?

If you didn’t get a “continuing review”, does that mean they aren’t even considering you ever again? Or that they haven’t gotten to your app yet?

If you didn’t get a “continuing review”, does that mean they aren’t even considering you ever again? Or that they haven’t gotten to your app yet?

From years past, I think not getting that email is actually better.

Got the email this morning that said the committee has put my application in “continuing review”. Real bummer.

Are you guys from NY? Because they mostly invite only NY residents.

Yeah. The school mostly accepts in state students. So someone with lower stats has a better chance getting in if the person is in state.

Yeah. The school mostly accepts in state students. So someone with lower stats has a better chance getting in if the person is in state.
I know that, but getting in state tuition after the first year was worth the risk to me. We have no public dental schools in MA

omg stats plz

Notification date: 8/24/2018
Method of notification: Email (AADSAS portal was updated)
Residency: NY
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/22/2018
Application complete date: 7/17/2018
GPA (science, overall): 3.73, 3.82
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/23/22/23/None (BIO 24/GC 20/ OC 26/QR 25)

Little late on the post but here it is:

Notification date:
8/24/2018
Residency: OH
AADSAS mail-out date:
Sometime in middle of July (can't quite remember)
Application complete date: (See above)
GPA (science, overall): 4.00, 4.00 (Engineering Major)
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/21/21/23/None

(Shoutout to Aspiringdent22 for the template lol)

Notification date:
8/24/2018
AADSAS mail-out date:

I copied it from the 2018-19 official interview/acceptance/rejection thread. It's great though, right?

Saw a bunch of you guys yesterday interviewing, walking in clinic. Didn't realize it was that time again. Good luck!

Hey everyone! I was just looking over the thread and saw that some people got the 'continuing review' email. Please, don't get discouraged! I applied last year to Buffalo and got that exact same email in September of last year. I lost hope in going to UB but in January, I received an interview invite from UB and now I'm here as a D1 student! So again, don't worry too much about it and don't lose hope! Good luck :)

Reactions: 4 users
Have they sent out interview invites yet?

I submitted July 20th, retook my DAT on 8/15/18 and received my invite August 24th. My scores for my second DAT didn’t even show up in my aadsas application until August 31st. I got an 18AA the first time and an 18 the second lmao. I couldn’t make it up. If you’re in the process of applying still, give it all you’ve got in your application. UB Is a very holistic school and not to say an interview guarantees acceptance which we all know but have confidence and you’ll be surprised where it brings you! Good luck everyone

Notification date: 8/24/2018
Residency: NY
AADSAS mail-out date:
07/20/18
GPA (science, overall): 3.31,3.47(Biomedical Engineering Major)
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 18/17/15/23/Scored a 15 in the PAT ... it was the death of my being. Even on the second attempt.

I work as a full time dental assistant and assisted part time while in school. Also had some research experience and from what I believe some very good lor’s. I think that everyone has something unique to present and grades aren’t everything so as much faith as I have I myself I have in anyone whose feeling unsure, as well. Just give it all you got - either in your application if that’s where you are in your process, or at your interview. Good luck to everyone <3

Hey everyone! I was just looking over the thread and saw that some people got the 'continuing review' email. Please, don't get discouraged! I applied last year to Buffalo and got that exact same email in September of last year. I lost hope in going to UB but in January, I received an interview invite from UB and now I'm here as a D1 student! So again, don't worry too much about it and don't lose hope! Good luck :)
Hey would you mind answering a question? The website for interview day information says that interviews are conducted from 9 am to noon, does this mean multiple consecutive interviews for each candidate for 3 hours? I saw elsewhere that typically there are 2 or 3 persons who interview.

Hey would you mind answering a question? The website for interview day information says that interviews are conducted from 9 am to noon, does this mean multiple consecutive interviews for each candidate for 3 hours? I saw elsewhere that typically there are 2 or 3 persons who interview.

You interview twice within those hours. Otherwise you sit in a classroom and talk to your fellow peers until everyone is finished.

Notification date:
8/24/2018
AADSAS mail-out date:

Did you interview yet? If so, how was it? How were the other applicants?

Status
Not open for further replies.