*** The Official Buffalo Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got this email too, 22 in every section but I have low GPA... 3.03 cGPA and 2.99 sGPA.... how bad are my chances?

From my time at the interview, they seem to take into account the applicant as a whole.

How is your comm service/dental experience/etc?

Members don't see this ad.

From my time at the interview, they seem to take into account the applicant as a whole.

How is your comm service/dental experience/etc?

@Mikester16 my GPA is near there as well, I trust the system and that dental schools tend to look at us more as a person rather than a number

Has Buffalo pretty much already given out all pre December interviews?

Members don't see this ad :)
Has Buffalo pretty much already given out all pre December interviews?

I want to say no - checking the interview schedule link and days are still open.

Either that or the later dates are just less lucrative and rather than being at capacity, they're under capacity.

But only people affiliated with admissions would probably know the true answer

I did an interview here, very nice people. If you have questions I can help out.

I have some questions!!! How many people do they interview in a day? What type of interview is it (e.g. 1 on 1, MMI, group interview)? Is there a lot of walking? Is it open or closed file?

Last edited:
I did an interview here, very nice people. If you have questions I can help out.
Are the two interviews practicaly the same thing but conducted by two different people or do they ask different question types (i.e. one is conversational and the other with more direct questions?) How much could you write for the writing sample?
Thanks in advance

I have some questions!!! How many people do they interview in a day? What type of interview is it (e.g. 1 on 1, MMI, group interview)? Is there a lot of walking? Is it open or closed file?
We had about 20 people being interviewed. They had 9 staff members rotate interviews, who at all times were conducting either a first or second interview. Each interview is 1 on 1 and open file, so you will be asked a few generic questions and a few pertaining specifically to you (they do read and take notes to ask). As far as I know the first interview was more intensive and actually had some questions - if you go on the sdn page for the school and see questions people were askrd they were asked in interview 1, for me at least the second interview was strictly a conversation about the school and a staff member telling me exactly why I should strongly consider UB - not sure if this is for all candidates maybe someone else can chime in. Not a lot of walking, most of the day was in 1 room, aside from a 30 minute tour.

Are the two interviews practicaly the same thing but conducted by two different people or do they ask different question types (i.e. one is conversational and the other with more direct questions?) How much could you write for the writing sample?
Thanks in advance
In my experience two different types, exactly like you described. The writing sample is short, 1/3 of a page. I'm not sure what they use it for because my response was never brought up in any interview.

In my experience two different types, exactly like you described. The writing sample is short, 1/3 of a page. I'm not sure what they use it for because my response was never brought up in any interview.

Mine was brought up. We talked about my response and how right I was.

But it may just depend on the interviewer.

Also I assume that any non-community dentist (someone familiar with the school) will tell you how great buffalo is. And it is. But if you get a community dentist, they most likely won’t have much to say about the program since from my experience, they’re moreso just people that practice in the area, they have very little info about the actual program.

Mine was brought up. We talked about my response and how right I was.

But it may just depend on the interviewer.

Also I assume that any non-community dentist (someone familiar with the school) will tell you how great buffalo is. And it is. But if you get a community dentist, they most likely won’t have much to say about the program since from my experience, they’re moreso just people that practice in the area, they have very little info about the actual program.
Hmm, interesting about what the writing prompt was, I feel like maybe they used more than 1.

Did you interview yet? If so, how was it? How were the other applicants?
Sorry for the late response. Haven't interviewed yet, date is set for 10/23. I'll make a post with the details afterwards.

Members don't see this ad :)
just got an interview invite! even after receiving the continuing review email!

Reactions: 2 users
Going to be meeting some of you this Friday :)

Reactions: 1 user
Nice meting ya'll, hope you had a good day at UB.

Hi. I have an interview coming up. Can anyone tell me how long were each of the two interviews? Are they both by faculty members? Do I need to bring any IDs with me? Anything else about the interview?

Hi. I have an interview coming up. Can anyone tell me how long were each of the two interviews? Are they both by faculty members? Do I need to bring any IDs with me? Anything else about the interview?
They vary. Mine were 20-30 mins long ( can't remember the exact time lol). My interviewers were both faculty. No ID was asked. Just stay relaxed and everything will go smooth. They are pretty laid back.

I don't recall receiving a thank you e-mail post interview last year, is this something new this year?

Notification date: 11/19/2018
Method of notification: Email (AADSAS portal was updated)
Residency: VA
AADSAS mail-out date: August 12th
GPA (science, overall): 3.67, 3.49
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 18/18/21/19/None

Notification date: 11/19/2018
Method of notification: Email (AADSAS portal was updated)
Residency: VA
AADSAS mail-out date: August 12th
GPA (science, overall): 3.67, 3.49
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 18/18/21/19/None

Congrats!

Did you application status on AADSAS ever go from "received/under review" to "received/application complete"?

Does anybody remember how Buffalo said they will be contacting us tomorrow? Phone call, email, or mail?

Good luck everyone, I interviewed 10/23, in state NY app, interview invitation on 8/24.

-23 AA/23 TS (21 Bio, 30 GC, 22 Orgo)/19 PAT/21 Reading/19 QR
-Undergrad: 3.4 GPA, 3.5 sGPA
-Grad: 3.6 GPA
-Institutional action, non academic disciplinary probation in 2012 for possession of cannabis, expunged in 2014 but still reported
-Then the normal research, dental shadowing, TAing, hospital volunteering, etc

Edit: According to UPS My choice, I'm receiving a package from "UNIVERSITY OF BUFFLAO OFICE OF" sent UPS 2nd day air this afternoon

Last edited:
Good luck everyone, I interviewed 10/23, in state NY app, interview invitation on 8/24.

-23 AA/23 TS (21 Bio, 30 GC, 22 Orgo)/19 PAT/21 Reading/19 QR
-Undergrad: 3.4 GPA, 3.5 sGPA
-Grad: 3.6 GPA
-Institutional action, non academic disciplinary probation in 2012 for possession of cannabis, expunged in 2014 but still reported
-Then the normal research, dental shadowing, TAing, hospital volunteering, etc

Edit: According to UPS My choice, I'm receiving a package from "UNIVERSITY OF BUFFLAO OFICE OF" sent UPS 2nd day air this afternoon

I’m hoping this is good news!! I got the same notification through UPS My choice and I’m OOS (Florida)

Is their system down or something?

Same here, patiently but stressfully waiting for hear back lol

Nothing heard here, figured i would at least let you know so that you don't freak out too badly lol

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted OOS. Emailed at 9:37am EST! Good luck everybody!!

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted!!!!

Reactions: 3 users
My AADSAS app still says "invited for interview" ... I interviewed at UB on 10-4, anyone know what this means/ if I should reach out to the school for an update?

I interviewed early autumn and didn't hear any news today... :( Is an acceptance still possible?

I’m cancelling my interview with Buffalo. I hope one of you who is waiting to hear back gets an interview! Wishing all of you the best!

Status
Not open for further replies.