*** The Official Buffalo Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
I interviewed in November and still haven’t received anything but my AADSAS status says wait listed so can I just trust this and consider myself an alternate??
I’ll probably give them a call on Monday since their website says interviewed applicants are informed within two weeks after December 3 but I don’t want to seem too pushy lmao :poke:

Buffalo is my top choice so it’s been hard trying to be patient :help: if anyone has advice on how to chillllllll while existing on the waitlist hmuuu
I had my interview the very last day in November on a Friday and I got a call Wednesday asking if I was interested then was but on the wait list but I did get an email that told me that and my portal changed. Did you get a chance to call them and see what they said?

Members don't see this ad.

I got an e-mail if I am still interested in the program for the interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
can anyone put the link for fb group for class of 2023?? please~

Just accepted off the waitlist. Was called first to ask if I was still interested then got the acceptance email 10mins later

Reactions: 2 users
Just accepted off the waitlist. Was called first to ask if I was still interested then got the acceptance email 10mins later
Did you get a call around December 5th asking if you were still interested? Only to be waitlisted

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to everyone who were accepted to UB Dental! I am first year student at the program and absolutely love it here. I was accepted to three other programs and ultimately choose buffalo dental for a number of reasons; I decision I do not regret.

Moving from NYC; finding housing was especially intimidating because I felt like I had to do everything through the internet and hope for the best. If any of you feel the same way and are looking into staying at the Axis 360, feel free to reach out to me. Good luck to everyone else waiting to hear back!

Congrats! Are you going to be accepting? And can you share your stats

Yea I plan on accepting.
Undergrad GPA: 3.4
Masters GPA: 3.8
DAT: 19AA (not the best, but i think the Masters definitely balanced this out )

Yea I plan on accepting.
Undergrad GPA: 3.4
Masters GPA: 3.8
DAT: 19AA (not the best, but i think the Masters definitely balanced this out )
Did you really get the email that fast after your call?

Does Buffalo only let you know about admissions decisions via email?

Do you see them calling at this point asking if you are still interested and then not extending an offer?

I'm not completely sure, but I don't think they would do that. Based on past years' threads it looks like people who received the call were eventually accepted.
But again I really don't know.

Did anyone else get a call from admissions asking if they were still interested?

Did anyone else get a call from admissions asking if they were still interested?
I got a call today around 10 AM just asking if I was still interested! My AADSAS portal also changed from “waitlisted” to “invited for interview” even though I have already interviewed? Not sure what that means.

I got a call today around 10 AM just asking if I was still interested! My AADSAS portal also changed from “waitlisted” to “invited for interview” even though I have already interviewed? Not sure what that means.
I got the call yesterday and today it says the same invited for interview, let’s hope it’s good

Just got the email accepted off the waitlist!

Reactions: 1 users
Hey guys, waitlisted member here too wondering your thoughts on letters of interest? UB is my #1 and I want to get off the waitlist haha, any thoughts would be appreciated!!

Hey guys, waitlisted member here too wondering your thoughts on letters of interest? UB is my #1 and I want to get off the waitlist haha, any thoughts would be appreciated!!
I would say go for it since it can’t hurt. I know the waitlist is ranked so idk if it will help I’m not sure what their view is with getting a letter but I was going to send one in soon but since I was taken off the list I did not need to

Just got a call asking if I'm still interested - have there been any cases where someone receives this call but isn't accepted? Thanks!

Just got a call asking if I'm still interested - have there been any cases where someone receives this call but isn't accepted? Thanks!
Did you look at the portal and did your status change to invited for interview? And I don’t think so but when I got a call on dec 5 asking that I was put on the wait list but last week i got the call on Wednesday and found out I was in on Friday so it’s a very good sign

Did you look at the portal and did your status change to invited for interview? And I don’t think so but when I got a call on dec 5 asking that I was put on the wait list but last week i got the call on Wednesday and found out I was in on Friday so it’s a very good sign

I was also accepted off the waitlist on a Friday so maybe that's a consistent thing. I could be wrong though so don't quote me on that lol

Accepted off the waitlist. I'm a Canadian. Good luck to everyone else still in the queue!

Reactions: 1 user

Thanks for the reply! My status is still waitlisted - considering sending them a letter if needed just to reiterate my interest.

Does anyone know if the class is full? Currently on the waitlist and have not received the “still interested” call.

Thanks for the reply! I'm also from nyc haha. I'll look into University courts thanks so much ! :)
Did you get a chance to look into university court? Not much I could find tk be honest, if you had any info that would be great I want tk be able to walk to campus also I don’t drive

Accepted off the waitlist at 2:46PM today 1/14/2019

Interviewed September 24th
Waitlisted Dec 7th 2018
Off today ^.^

Good luck to everyone. My advice is call call call. Make it known you wanna be there.

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted off the waitlist at 2:46PM today 1/14/2019

Interviewed September 24th
Waitlisted Dec 7th 2018
Off today ^.^

Good luck to everyone. My advice is call call call. Make it known you wanna be there.
Great advice!! What did you say when you called? I have thought about this but don't want to come off as annoying!
Thank you!

Received my first interview invite today!! First contact I've gotten since "continuing review" on August 30th! Scheduled for Feb. 8th:soexcited:

Last edited:
Great advice!! What did you say when you called? I have thought about this but don't want to come off as annoying!
Thank you!
Well I called because I genuinely had two questions: the first one was how do they arrange financial aid matters when students get accepted like the day of orientation? can they legally still be in the class and labs and stuff while waiting for financial aid to come through?

another question I asked was if they already had a last interview date planned? Even though I interviewed already it gives me a timeline for when I could ~ possibly ~ be offered. Because I was the literal first group to interview so unless UB does their waitlist by a certain rank (which I believe they do ) (and idk the parameters of it but im sure they have many rankings for many different types of needs i.e. dat score, gpa, demographics, extra currics) then I would like to know when I was. obviously he didnt answer the question of where I was on the waitlist and I didnt ask but he told me he would certainly make note of it that I called... and that was just this past Friday. I got accepted today Monday. That was the only time I called UB. I also sent in a letter of intent much earlier, say, like a month of so after my interview in like October...

I also had a dr. that I work for write a personal updated LOR for me. She is a highly highly reputable and recognized cosmetic dentist in the area (buffalo) and I really think that her letter helped a lot. all and all I was selected because they saw potential in me - regardless of the letter. and they saw I was interested. And I expressed that. So I say just show lots of interest. Its their digression to look at you again weather you're on a ranked list or not. who knows... another pair of eyes, eyes that maybe aren't the eyes that interviewed you, may look at your app and see value in you! the way I see it, in the same way It only takes one dental school offer to go to dental school is the same way it takes one pair of eyes to see something special in you as a candidate and to be able to pursue others to offer you acceptance! SO just be you! :) I hope this helped and I hope you get in too

Reactions: 1 user

I was waitlisted and wrote a letter of intent (not a letter of interest). Not completely sure that it is what got me off of the waitlist but it really can’t hurt if it is your number one school!! I would mail it though instead of emailing. I think it seems more professional; so that’s what I did!

Status
Not open for further replies.