****The Official Columbia Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just keep it simple. Thank them, and say that you would like to respectfully decline the offer.

Thanks for the advice!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Did it say that in your interview invitation? I didn't know that they were offering a housing option with a current student lol

Noooo they sent out a separate email about it last week.

Members don't see this ad :)
Will be there Oct 27th!

Does anyone recommend flying into JFK? I saw some other options that @wengerout mentioned are Newark and LaGuardia.

It seems like they gave out interview dates until November. Does this mean that they already sent out majority of the pre-december interview invites? or are they just giving us a lot of options for the dates?

I know it's still early in the cycle, but I've heard from someone that most pre-december interview dates for Columbia are already filled up. Can anybody confirm this? He said the latest interview date offered was on 11/4 or something.

It seems like they gave out interview dates until November. Does this mean that they already sent out the majority of the pre-December interview invites? or are they just giving us a lot of options for the dates?
I think so? I received an interview invite last week. Columbia said that they were filled up until November and i told the office my availabilities and they said the only date that works with my availabilities was Nov 3... I indicated that I was available every week until December, then after that, it would have to be January
I'm not sure if ALL the pre-December interviews are taken but I think that a majority of them are
On the bright side, don't worry everybody. I was really worried cause I submitted my app at the end of July and was complete on Aug 10 and thought that I wouldn't get any interview until later on in the cycle but it turned out that I have! Just goes to show that submission date doesn't mean everything! So if you submitted a little later, don't be too stressed :)

Reactions: 1 users
I think so? I received an interview invite last week. Columbia said that they were filled up until November and i told the office my availabilities and they said the only date that works with my availabilities was Nov 3... I indicated that I was available every week until December, then after that, it would have to be January
I'm not sure if ALL the pre-December interviews are taken but I think that a majority of them are
On the bright side, don't worry everybody. I was really worried cause I submitted my app at the end of July and was complete on Aug 10 and thought that I wouldn't get any interview until later on in the cycle but it turned out that I have! Just goes to show that submission date doesn't mean everything! So if you submitted a little later, don't be too stressed :)
Post Dec 1st interviews don't matter too much. I could have interviewed in October but I scheduled it the week before Christmas so I can have a trip with my buddies in the city :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Does Columbia send out rejection emails? I applied in mid-July and haven't heard anything yet...

Anyone from Florida received an interview invite yet? Starting to wonder if Im gonna get one or not...

His stats are in his signature.
See it now, wasn't showing it from my phone. Do you guys think they're still doing interview invites? My stats are definitely up to par, just curious if I could still be expecting one.

See it now, wasn't showing it from my phone. Do you guys think they're still doing interview invites? My stats are definitely up to par, just curious if I could still be expecting one.
Yeah, there should be more. Most likely to be after December 1st though.

Hi, Feralis! Are they gonna send out invites for Post-December still? What is the chance of acceptance for post-dec interviews?

They'll definitely be sending out invites for post-December. Chance of acceptance for post-December isn't as high as pre-December (you're competing for less spots), but don't let that discourage you - plenty of matriculated students are from post-Dec interviews.

Hi, Feralis! Are they gonna send out invites for Post-December still? What is the chance of acceptance for post-dec interviews?

I'm not a student there or anything, but from reading last years thread it sounds like many students were interviews and accepted much later than Dec.

I'm not a student there or anything, but from reading last years thread it sounds like many students were interviews and accepted much later than Dec.

Just from talking throughout the class there's a lot of people here who interviewed post December.

Post-December interviews may have already started going out (or will be sent out soon) because of how quickly the pre-December interviews filled up. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 7 users
To those that received an interview:

Our confirmation email says we need to bring a picture of ourselves on interview day. How big do you think the picture needs to be?

This was in your interview date confirmation email? I don't see anything like that in mine...

This was in your interview date confirmation email? I don't see anything like that in mine...
Yes. I brought a passport sized photograph.

How was it?
Really laid back and conversational. Absolutely nothing to stress about. My interviewer and I talked about his Ferrari collection toward the end of the interview :laugh:

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

Really laid back and conversational. Absolutely nothing to stress about. My interviewer and I talked about his Ferrari collection toward the end of the interview :laugh:
What a boss move haha.

Got my application complete on 7/18... CDM is my dream school and reading that some people got interview invites even though their app complete dates were later than mine starts to worry me :( A couple posts above me saying that CDM accepts a lot of ppl post-December is helpful, but would CDM come back and review? Aghh this is making me sad now :((

Did you let him in on the SDN revelation that dentistry is now financial suicide?

With the economics of 2017, you'll be lucky if the cardboard box you live in is even ventilated.

Poor dentists. Poor, poor dentists.

Anyone get an interview from columbia this week?

I took DAT twice. Should I report both scores on my AADSAS application or just report the most recent one and the school will see the results for both since they have my dent pin? I can't remember the scores on the first one section by section. Thanks!

I took DAT twice. Should I report both scores on my AADSAS application or just report the most recent one and the school will see the results for both since they have my dent pin? I can't remember the scores on the first one section by section. Thanks!
I think schools see all your results. Also, I think if you log into the ADA site, you'll be able to see the scores from your first attempt (not too sure though).

Thanks for posting this 3 times

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey everyone,

I haven't heard anything from Columbia yet and seeing that they are already starting to send out post december interviews i'm slowly starting to lose hope. My gpa isn't special (3.51 sgpa/3.49cgpa) but I have a good upward trend (2.2-->3.3--> 3.83-->4.0-->4.0) after doing a 5 year dual major undergrad. DATs are good (23AA/25TS), ECs are well rounded and I have 4 letters, 3 of which i'm sure are very strong. Big caveat is that I'm canadian, i'm wondering to what degree does that affect my position. Does anyone have an idea regarding how limited are international spots for Canadians? P.S. my columbia app was complete in mid july however it was under an old DAT score. I retook the DAT on august 10 and scores were processed around the 19th. I called them to make sure that they received the new scores and they did.

This might be pretty random but anyone wonder what The @FeralisExtremum looks like? I only wanted to get an interview at this school so I can meet the person responsible for getting at least half of us into dental school (referring to the DAT— obviously we all got our GPA by ourselves). Lol

Last edited:
Does anyone know when the next batch of interviews will be sent out?

Reactions: 8 users
Anybody hear from columbia lately?

Status
Not open for further replies.