****The Official Columbia Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know how much the first and second deposits are?
1st is $2,000, and the 2nd is $1,000. A good chunk of change.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Due to certain reasons, I had to wait till 12/26 to mail out my deposit. I tried calling Mrs. Lugo many times before the deadline to inform her of this, but only went to voicemail. I also emailed her of the situation. My deposit will likely arrive this coming week. Will this be an issue, since it will arrive after the deadline?

Last edited by a moderator:
Due to certain reasons, I had to wait till 12/26 to mail out my deposit. I tried calling Mrs. Lugo many times before the deadline to inform her of this, but only went to voicemail. I also emailed her of the situation. My deposit will likely arrive this coming week. Will this be an issue, since it will arrive after the deadline?

My guess is they are going to go by the postmark date (date you sent it out), so you should be fine.
But I guess all you can do is wait until Jan 2nd, everyone probably is gone for vacation.

No. I am not saying this as a certainty but I highly doubt they will drop your seat if you miss the deposit date. I know this because they didn’t drop me after holding two seats after the second deposit hard cut off date set by AADSAS

No. I am not saying this as a certainty but I highly doubt they will drop your seat if you miss the deposit date. I know this because they didn’t drop me after holding two seats after the second deposit hard cut off date set by AADSAS
I also made sure to leave Mrs. Lugo a voicemail detailing my situation before the deadline (12/29). Hopefully it helps.

Any idea when more acceptances go out?

Reactions: 1 users
I interviewed Dec 15, they said we would hear back first or second Fri of this month

I will be interviewing soon. Very excited about the opportunity. How was the interview day? What was the structure of the interview (one on one etc.)?

I will be interviewing soon. Very excited about the opportunity. How was the interview day? What was the structure of the interview (one on one etc.)?
It was a very chill one-on-one. There's absolutely nothing to worry about. Enjoy the day & the fantastic lunch.

Members don't see this ad :)
Have they started sending out their second batch of acceptances?
someone said they should've done a round this Friday but they might have been backed up because of the storm last week! Hopefully they do soon though!

Anyone know if columbia is done giving out interview invites yet?

For all those accepted, when do we get our financial packets and housing info? I'd like to find people to room with and get on the housing websites soon. Found some good deals but they're unfurnished apartments and they require at least 2-3 other roommates.

I got an acceptance email about an hour ago so I think the next batch of acceptance letter is being handed out. I interviewed the week before thanksgiving.

Reactions: 4 users
Interview email today! Given dates of 02/09 or 02/16.

Application completed on third week of October, received the interview request four days later..
I am scheduled for this Friday, Jan 26th and I am dying to know what my chances are.. Out of how many people are they selecting 82 from? Approximately how many people are in each group? This is only my third interview and my previous two were very different from each other in terms of size of the group or format of the interview..

Does anyone know if Columbia are still sending out interviews? And also if you’re rejected do they actually tell you or kind of leave it towards the end of the cycle?

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know if Columbia are still sending out interviews? And also if you’re rejected do they actually tell you or kind of leave it towards the end of the cycle?
They’re most likely done, if not they are almost done, as their last date is 2/16 and they sent out invites for 2/9 and 2/16 last week

They said it in the interview invite email
Oh that’s weird because I called this morning and they said they don’t know if their finished giving interviews as they’re still reviewing. But then again if they said that in the email ...:/ who knows!

Oh that’s weird because I called this morning and they said they don’t know if their finished giving interviews as they’re still reviewing. But then again if they said that in the email ...:/ who knows!
Maybe they have a few spots left for 2/16 still

Anyone have any idea when the next round of acceptances are being released?

Reactions: 4 users
Whatsup guys, so I was accepted this cycle and I was wondering if a current student could answer a question on first-year housing in NYC. I'm planning on living off-campus in the city, but I'm not sure how people usually go about finding roommates for their first year. Does it usually just work through the fb group or does the school help out with that process?

Whatsup guys, so I was accepted this cycle and I was wondering if a current student could answer a question on first-year housing in NYC. I'm planning on living off-campus in the city, but I'm not sure how people usually go about finding roommates for their first year. Does it usually just work through the fb group or does the school help out with that process?
Join the facebook group and a few months closer to the summer you can message classmates and see if you want to live with them. I recommend 168-173rd st crossroad with Haven Ave or Ft Washington Ave. Not a big fan of the area past broadway

They said last Friday their last day of interviews is this upcoming Friday 02/16.

Status
Not open for further replies.