****The Official Columbia Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey does anyone know how Columbia grants acceptances. I interviewed dec 8th and still haven’t heard back anything?

Members don't see this ad.

I heard from my friend last round of interviews was Friday.... so waiting on my rejection lol

Members don't see this ad :)
anyone else here have had their application under review since like august 2017? lol

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
lol nice. same. last I heard from them was that I was under review and then nothing since. I know the cycle there is over (or 99% over) but still that's kinda funny.

Reactions: 2 users
Hey Columbianites - I read that if we do on-campus housing, it won't be possible to choose our roommates. This seems gratuitous. Is it true? Definitely discourages people from applying.

Interviewed in September, and still waiting...patiently

Reactions: 1 user
Hey Columbianites - I read that if we do on-campus housing, it won't be possible to choose our roommates. This seems gratuitous. Is it true? Definitely discourages people from applying.

That would be correct, you can "suggest" to them who you want to live with but really it's random. Part of why I decided to live off campus.

So if I have not received any news while someone from my interview group gets accepted, does this mean my chance of getting in is kinda low?

So if I have not received any news while someone from my interview group gets accepted, does this mean my chance of getting in is kinda low?
youre not compared only to the people that interviewed with you but with everyone that interviewed. honestly you cannot know the caliber of all other people who interviewed. bottom line is you're not out till you're out. You've done everything you can so far; unfortunately no one else can predict your chances of getting or not except the adcoms at Columbia. as long as class isn't filled, you're in the race for a spot. after that you hopefully are on waitlist

Hi! Just out of curiousity, when did you interview? Just trying to see whether they have accepted anyone from the February interviews yet!

Are all pre-reqs required to be completed upon applying? I heard this was true for stony and am hoping to god that this isn’t a trend that is shared between all schools

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Are all pre-reqs required to be completed upon applying? I heard this was true for stony and am hoping to god that this isn’t a trend that is shared between all schools

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Nope, as long as you finish them before matriculation.

Wanna let those waiting know that another seat has been freed up! Good luck.

Reactions: 6 users
Hi! Just out of curiousity, when did you interview? Just trying to see whether they have accepted anyone from the February interviews yet!
I interviewed on 2/16 (the last day) and was accepted a few hours later.

Does anyone know how many spots are left?

Reactions: 1 users
Hey guys so I just got off the phone with admissions and they told me they should be sending out more acceptances Friday. They’re waiting for responses.......

Hey guys so I just got off the phone with admissions and they told me they should be sending out more acceptances Friday. They’re waiting for responses.......

Why not just get it over with and tell us today? Lol

Thanks for finding out.

Have any waitlists or rejections gone out yet? I haven't heard anything since the interview.

So if I took the interview long time ago and did not receive the alternate list Email, should I consider it as a rejection?

So if I took the interview long time ago and did not receive the alternate list Email, should I consider it as a rejection?
I woudn’t assume anything with Columbia. From previous years and now they seem to be very vague communicators

I just got waitlisted today as well!! Interviewed in November
I’m still in the running :soexcited:

Did anyone get rejected after the interview? or did everyone get wait-listed?

Anybody here not get an interview with a DAT over 23?

I have been active so my app is well rounded (hopefully, in my opinion). I scored a 25 AA and TS and am applying. It's my dream school and am wondering if scores alone would at least get your foot in the door. Of course, after that, it's up to me to interview well

I have been active so my app is well rounded (hopefully, in my opinion). I scored a 25 AA and TS and am applying. It's my dream school and am wondering if scores alone would at least get your foot in the door. Of course, after that, it's up to me to interview well
If there was someone who didn't not get an interview with those stats, I think that it's unlikely they would be following this thread at this point. So I'll give you my unverified opinion on it without any actual instances of proof... you'll get an interview with those stats assuming the rest of you application has no red flags. They interview about 300 and accept about 200+ people a year for their 80 or 90 seats, so you don't need to have insane ECs or personal statement going along with your stats to the interview phase. Good luck and apply early if you want a pre Dec interview (true story).

I had 24AA and 25 TS. My oGPA was 3.94 and sGPA was 3.98 but im still in review and never heard anything. Nothing is guaranteed and this doesn't mean I didnt get interviews/aceptances at some amazing schools. If you have one school that's your dream, it doesn't hurt to voice that in their secondary/at interview. High DAT from what I've seen is definitely a little more important than GPA but you never know 100%. Like @Lau Sang said though, make sure you have no other red flags. Just cause you got nice stats doesn't mean you can write a crappy PS or make countless grammar/spelling mistakes on your app.
Good luck! stay hopeful and work hard towards your goals.

I had 24AA and 25 TS. My oGPA was 3.94 and sGPA was 3.98 but im still in review and never heard anything.

Same, and some people have gotten rejections via email. Columbia is the only school I haven't heard from thus far.

Status
Not open for further replies.