-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
*****The Official GRU Class of 2018 Interview/Acceptance Thread*****
Started by rpatel104
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I am applying to GRU!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I received the supplemental last Friday. I was first batch.I am too!!! Let the games begin!!
Has anyone received any feedback yet?
I am. My application went out today in the second batch. Hoping for an email sometime soon about the supplemental.
You'll be alright. Are you instate?Applying! Not taking my DAT till end of this month. Hope it doesn't put me in too late since the cut off is September :/.
You'll be alright. Are you instate?
Yep
I received the supplemental last Friday. I was first batch.
I am in the first batch also but I have not received supplemental I am still awaiting 2 LOE could that be the reason? I am also retaking my DAT to increase my scores in some areas during early August as well.
Its probably the LOEsI am in the first batch also but I have not received supplemental I am still awaiting 2 LOE could that be the reason? I am also retaking my DAT to increase my scores in some areas during early August as well.
Its probably the LOEs
I figured that, not doing committee option is a hassle. Teachers take forever and a day. smh and dentists usually take their time


Im applying again. I am still on the alternate list for class of 2017, but I think that's a lost cause at this point. I am also taking the DAT again in August. Can I send my application in before I take the DAT again? How does that work as far as being evaluated on a future DAT score?
Im applying again. I am still on the alternate list for class of 2017, but I think that's a lost cause at this point. I am also taking the DAT again in August. Can I send my application in before I take the DAT again? How does that work as far as being evaluated on a future DAT score?
One of the open houses I went to said that you could most definitely send the app in pending a DAT update. You would just need to contact the school and let them know you wish to evaluated based on the upcoming test in August. Basically your app will sit on their desk until results are in.
One of the open houses I went to said that you could most definitely send the app in pending a DAT update. You would just need to contact the school and let them know you wish to evaluated based on the upcoming test in August. Basically your app will sit on their desk until results are in.
Thanks. So, is it an advantage for me to go ahead and send in my app before I re-take the DAT, or does it not make a difference since they're going to hold it until they get my new score in?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
1
Last edited:
I asked my professors really early and the one I asked last was very nice. She did not want to delay my process. But I used interfolio so I would not have to ask them later for the letters. Where do you or did you go for undergrad?
I have some idea about what interfolio is but can you clear up the meaning? I'm sure all I need is patience even though I warned my professor 6 months in advance.
Anyone applying here who's OOS? I'm your neighbor over here in Florida 😛
My older brother lives in Georgia and really likes it, so I could definitely see myself going here.
I'm applying from OOS. Georgia is def. a great state and GRU is really nice too!
This will be their 3rd year taking OOS and their second year doing AADSAS. They only take about 5 people OOS. I assume it's typically people with ties to the state but not officially residents.
you pay for a subsciption (make an account) basically and profs upload or mail their letters to interfolio. and once the cycle opens you can send the letters from interfolio to aadsas after you upload the matching forms. its just a way to get everything together and you dont have to track down your LOE writers in the summer.I have some idea about what interfolio is but can you clear up the meaning? I'm sure all I need is patience even though I warned my professor 6 months in advance.
you pay for a subsciption (make an account) basically and profs upload or mail their letters to interfolio. and once the cycle opens you can send the letters from interfolio to aadsas after you upload the matching forms. its just a way to get everything together and you dont have to track down your LOE writers in the summer.
Well that makes great sense, too bad it wouldn't do much help now unless I needed those letters again which when I think about it would make life easier if needed.
I was in the second batch, which mailed on 7/5, and I got the supplemental application email this afternoon.
can anyone post the question for the supplemental app please.
one more question, my undergrad school sent my transcripts last Friday and so far, I dont see them uploaded onto my application. Do I have to submit my app for that to happen? I will be submitting in 2-3 more days.
one more question, my undergrad school sent my transcripts last Friday and so far, I dont see them uploaded onto my application. Do I have to submit my app for that to happen? I will be submitting in 2-3 more days.
I'm applying from OOS. I got the supplemental on Tuesday. Still need to submit it though.
I'm also applying OOS. Any other OOS Applicants receive the supplemental app ?
I haven't heard anything yet :/
My DAT is really similar to yours... give it some time 👍
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My DAT is really similar to yours... give it some time 👍
Keeping Positive vibes... I guess time is needed since they only have my unofficial DAT and just got it on July 5th..
Where else are you GA residents applying?
Is this school OS friendly? Based on the school's website I am inferring that it is centered around volunteering and clinical preparation.
Also, on the website they recommend 200 hrs of volunteering. I do not have that many hours. Does anyone know how much these hurts my chances? For example, does this take me out of the running since I'm OS and do not have 200 hrs of volunteering?
Also, on the website they recommend 200 hrs of volunteering. I do not have that many hours. Does anyone know how much these hurts my chances? For example, does this take me out of the running since I'm OS and do not have 200 hrs of volunteering?
Where else are you GA residents applying?
I'm applying to GRU, Nova, UNC, UAB, Louisville, and VCU.
how do you do citizen and residency verification?? do you send them birth certificate and say like bank statement or bill or something?
"Once an applicant has submitted his/her application, checking the status of their application electronically is enabled. To determined if the Admissions Office received a components of an application, all applicants are encouraged to check the receipt of such items at http:/www.gru.edu/admissions/ . Items received will be posted within 1-5 business days for an applicant's review."
Found this on the website. Has this worked for anyone? Mine does not worked.
Found this on the website. Has this worked for anyone? Mine does not worked.
how do you do citizen and residency verification?? do you send them birth certificate and say like bank statement or bill or something?
I sent drivers license for residency and passport for citizenship.
if passport is expired, then would birth certificate be ok? i was born in GA. thank you for your help!
GRU requires the supplement, extra copy of transcripts, citizenship verification and residency verification for app to be complete. Am I missing something?
And your aadsas app as well obviously...
Beside the supplemental and aadsas app, nothing else needs to be sent in until GRU contacts you for an interview. I was told this by the admissions front desk. Hope it helps!
Beside the supplemental and aadsas app, nothing else needs to be sent in until GRU contacts you for an interview. I was told this by the admissions front desk. Hope it helps!
Yes! Thank you
I received the supplemental last Friday. I was first batch.
How long did it take to get the supplement app after you submitted aadsas??
I received the supplemental the same day my application was mailed out.How long did it take to get the supplement app after you submitted aadsas??
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How long did it take to get the supplement app after you submitted aadsas??
My application mailed on 7/5 and I didn't get the supplemental link until about 11am the following Monday, 7/8.
Recieved an interview invite today via email. 😀
Me too!!! 🙂
August 25th and 26th?
YesMe too!!! 🙂
August 25th and 26th?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 27
- Views
- 10K
- Replies
- 65
- Views
- 20K