-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
*****The Official GRU Class of 2018 Interview/Acceptance Thread*****
Started by rpatel104
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
...when do students start working with patients?
Second year.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For everyone that interviewed, does everyone get asked to send in your transcripts directly to GRU? Was confused about this
For everyone that interviewed, does everyone get asked to send in your transcripts directly to GRU? Was confused about this
Yes. They require official transcripts to be sent both directly to them and sent through AADSAS.
Wait, so if I understand correctly you have to send in your transcript(s) again after interviewing?
I sent mine in right before my interview. I'm not exactly sure of the reason, but they do require you to send transcripts directly to them as well as through AADSAS. You'll sit down with Dr. Hanes and make sure your application is complete and that they have received your transcripts, proof of residency, DAT scores, and everything else.
I sent mine in right before my interview. I'm not exactly sure of the reason, but they do require you to send transcripts directly to them as well as through AADSAS. You'll sit down with Dr. Hanes and make sure your application is complete and that they have received your transcripts, proof of residency, DAT scores, and everything else.
Ah I see, thanks. I thought I might have overlooked something during the application process and it had me kind of concerned. I was going back and reviewing all my stuff that I had sent lol
Ah I see, thanks. I thought I might have overlooked something during the application process and it had me kind of concerned. I was going back and reviewing all my stuff that I had sent lol
No problem!
PhoneDoes anyone know how GRU sends acceptance offers? By phone? Mail? Email? Hope this hasn't been asked already
PhoneDoes anyone know how GRU sends acceptance offers? By phone? Mail? Email? Hope this hasn't been asked already
So, I interviewed today (November 18) and just asked a couple of general questions:
So the total number of people to be interviewed is 219, out of which 52 are out of state. Up to 8 out of state students will be accepted.
If they finish the building by August, than the total number of people accepted will go up to 86.
The decisions will start being made on December 2.
Their last interview date is December 5.
So the total number of people to be interviewed is 219, out of which 52 are out of state. Up to 8 out of state students will be accepted.
If they finish the building by August, than the total number of people accepted will go up to 86.
The decisions will start being made on December 2.
Their last interview date is December 5.
So, I interviewed today (November 18) and just asked a couple of general questions:
So the total number of people to be interviewed is 219, out of which 52 are out of state. Up to 8 out of state students will be accepted.
If they finish the building by August, than the total number of people accepted will go up to 86.
The decisions will start being made on December 2.
Their last interview date is December 5.
Yea, seeing the numbers really puts it into perspective. Good luck to all of you out-of-staters (I'm one of you).
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone know what time they typically call? Possibly Dec. 2th, but 4am? 4PM?
Good luck to everyone as well (from another out of stater)
Good luck to everyone as well (from another out of stater)
So, I interviewed today (November 18) and just asked a couple of general questions:
So the total number of people to be interviewed is 219, out of which 52 are out of state. Up to 8 out of state students will be accepted.
If they finish the building by August, than the total number of people accepted will go up to 86.
The decisions will start being made on December 2.
Their last interview date is December 5.
Better start on my Masters for next year.. damn
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2
Only a couple more days!
Looking at those stats says a lot and looking at past years they are about the same. Not too promising for oos. last year they accepted only (2) oos residents which is short of 5-10% of 80. This year if they have 86 seats it looks like a possible 8 oos max.
Anyone get a call yet today?
No calls on my end and nothing on AADSAS, but my transcript changed to "professional student" with a degree in "doctor of dental medicine." Anyone else have this?
Where are you reading this?
Yea, where is this at?
Strange thing to be occurring (Or you totally pulled one over on me)! But if your transcript states that you have a DDM.... Why go to dent school?! You must have been in the accelerated program!
Does GRU for sure update AADSAS tom? And what time yaly'all thinking?
Does GRU for sure update AADSAS tom? And what time yaly'all thinking?
I looked back on last years thread and it indicated than phone calls went out around 11 EST and later. Not sure about the AADSAS update.... Guess we'll find out in a little bit!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
it starts... COngrats!!!
Got the call. IM IN!!!!! Georgia resident!!! Only God!
Congrats! That's awesome!
Did your AADSAS status change? Good job
congrats!!!Got the call. IM IN!!!!! Georgia resident!!! Only God!
Has anyone's AADSAS portal changed? Mine still states invited for interview. Congrats for those who have gotten accepted!
Mine switched to received/under review after my interview. Any news what that would mean?
Mine switched to received/under review after my interview. Any news what that would mean?
Mine says the same thing. Hopefully not a bad thing
No call but mine changed to recieved/under review back in September after my interview.
Same here. No call yet.
yea mine says "received/under review" also...
Same here. No call yet.
Oh the suspense... Lol
Oh the suspense... Lol
Getting worried actually...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Likewise
Has anyone checked the portal on GRU's website?
Getting worried actually...
Me too..
Me too..
They wont fill the class today because they have one more interview date but nobody wants to wait haha
Similar threads
- Replies
- 27
- Views
- 10K
- Replies
- 65
- Views
- 20K