*** The Official Harvard Dental Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote removed by request

Congratulations. Awesome stats and accomplishments.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was accepted at Harvard on Dec 3 and accepted my offer! Good luck to everyone!

Reactions: 1 users
I was accepted at Harvard on Dec 3 and accepted my offer! Good luck to everyone!

That's awesome!!! I also accepted my offer recently too, hope to see you there next year :)

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats guys, if you don't mind, can you share your stats

Hey all! Just accepted my offer, too!! Does anyone know if there is a Facebook group for the class? Thanks!

I just interviewed on Monday, and share some similar thoughts to other people on here -- it was great (as expected because it's Harvard). There were some things that I didn't like as much, but it might just be me personally. Feel free to message me if you have any specific questions though!
Bruh, you must be the perfect candidate based off your acceptances. Anywho, what was the interview like?

Bruh, you must be the perfect candidate based off your acceptances. Anywho, what was the interview like?

Ahahaha thanks! Interview was pretty conversational. You get two interviews -- one with a faculty member and one with an alum -- each one is like 45 mins to an hour. In mine they mostly talked about my application and different things I mentioned in it. Imo it felt mostly like they were truly getting to know me, understand my interests, and trying to see if Harvard and I were a good fit for one another. As cliché as that sounds, that's the best way I can describe it haha. They also leave a lot of time to answer any questions and both of them gave a brief overview of their respective experiences at Harvard and their honest thoughts about the school.

Congrats to you guys who got accepted. I have been a dentist for almost 30 years, very impressed by your outstanding academic achievement. Most of you could get into decent medical school for your stats, just wondering why did you choose to attend dental school instead? My daughter is a medical student.

Congrats to you guys who got accepted. I have been a dentist for almost 30 years, very impressed by your outstanding academic achievement. Most of you could get into decent medical school for your stats, just wondering why did you choose to attend dental school instead? My daughter is a medical student.
You probably won’t hear back from anyone that got into Harvard since 1) they accept so little the odds are slim one will see this and 2) it’s a little known fact once you get into harvard you’re sworn into some secret society that prohibits SDN

You probably won’t hear back from anyone that got into Harvard since 1) they accept so little the odds are slim one will see this and 2) it’s a little known fact once you get into harvard you’re sworn into some secret society that prohibits SDN

Is that true about the prohibition?
I know they have secret societies and whatnot, but I thought that was for undergrad only!

Scary!

Is that true about the prohibition?
I know they have secret societies and whatnot, but I thought that was for undergrad only!

Scary!

lol he's joking..... I still use SDN and got into Harvard, so do a few other people haha

Members don't see this ad :)
lol he's joking..... I still use SDN and got into Harvard, so do a few other people haha

I mean you haven't attended the orientation yet!
Maybe they have an initiation ritual or something. :cat:

You're a dentist for almost 30 years and decided to make an account on SDN just to ask this? lol

I am glad to see that many smart kids like you guys want to do dentistry, hopefully will make this profession stronger. Although time has changed, quite a few of physicians still have the sense of superiority compared with dentists. Three years ago I tried to convince my daughter ( top Ivy graduate, 3.95 GPA and 98% MCAT) to consider applying to dental school, and obviously it didn't work out. I hope everybody here will have a great start in this journey and eventually enjoy your career.

I am glad to see that many smart kids like you guys want to do dentistry, hopefully will make this profession stronger. Although time has changed, quite a few of physicians still have the sense of superiority compared with dentists. Three years ago I tried to convince my daughter ( top Ivy graduate, 3.95 GPA and 98% MCAT) to consider applying to dental school, and obviously it didn't work out. I hope everybody here will have a great start in this journey and eventually enjoy your career.

#seemslegit

Reactions: 4 users
Can anyone tell me how late they responded before you interviewed with the student housing? I filled out the google form for my interview and still didn't hear back yet.

Can anyone tell me how late they responded before you interviewed with the student housing? I filled out the google form for my interview and still didn't hear back yet.

I had to send several follow up emails since my turnaround time was like 5 days haha, but they definitely will find someone that can host you, I was stressed about booking a last-minute hotel but it all ended up working out. I'd say follow up and then you should get a response within 24-48 hours or so, that's what it was for me.

Just got invited to interview on February 4th. They are still interviewing.

Reactions: 3 users
I interviewed on the 18th and just got accepted today! Anyone who has input on Harvard vs Michigan would be amazing. Also, as for the hosting, they do pull it off but yes it takes a while!!

I interviewed on the 18th and just got accepted today! Anyone who has input on Harvard vs Michigan would be amazing. Also, as for the hosting, they do pull it off but yes it takes a while!!
What’s the point of going to Michigan if you can go to Harvard? I don’t get it.

I turned down michigan. I don't know about your interview. But during mine they strongly suggested going there to specialize or do research only. Michigan is cheaper for OOS, but if I was choosing between the two and wanted to do either one of those, I would go to Harvard. The total costs difference is like 400 K vs 460 K.

Received an acceptance call today after interviewing on Monday! Most likely attending!

Reactions: 3 users
Are you going to Harvard?
Michigan is instate for me which is the stronger pull for me but Harvard being pass fail with similar opportunities is hard to beat. So I’m still not sure but definitely leaning towards Harvard. I’d love to hear more about your thoughts on Michigan though! Feel free to message me

Does anyone know how long it takes after the interview to receive acceptance/rejection? I interviewed beginning of February and am getting nervous haha.

Does anyone know how long it takes after the interview to receive acceptance/rejection? I interviewed beginning of February and am getting nervous haha.
2 Weeks out otherwise you're on the waitlist

I interviewed on Friday. Got an acceptance call the following Thursday.

I think Sarah is out of the office today actually! don't worry too much, it may come later as well :)
Thank you for the reassurance! I will keep you updated, because I will for sure attend if I get accepted :) As for now, I just have to bear the wait!

Accepted last Friday!! Can't wait to see you all in August! :)

Reactions: 2 users
Excited to be attending HSDM in the fall!

Question for any current students that check this thread:

So the revisit in April consists of three consecutive days. Are each of these days packed with events back-to-back from 9am-5pm? Or is it less intense than this? Asking because I work full-time near the school and would like to know whether I can show up for work for at least parts of those days. I used up pretty much all my paid time off on interviews this season....

Thanks in advance!

I was recently placed in their High Priority Waiting List. Anyone else on the same boat?

Status
Not open for further replies.