The Official "How Does This Schedule Look" Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Your schedule looks good. Just be extra careful on ochem for MCAT prep, but besides that it's good.
Do you mean just make sure that I devote the appropriate amount of time to my class?
Thanks AgentB :)

Members don't see this ad.

Do you mean just make sure that I devote the appropriate amount of time to my class?
Thanks AgentB :)

Not the class. I figure you're taking the MCAT before ochem 2, so you should be careful with ochem in your MCAT prep

Physics with lab (4 cred)
Abnormal Psychology (4 cred)
Health Psychology (4 cred)
Psychology in the Workplace (4 cred)
15 credit hours. Currently a junior. I declared my major late (Fall 2012) so I want to play catch up with my degree requirements...

Members don't see this ad :)
Physics with lab (4 cred)
Abnormal Psychology (4 cred)
Health Psychology (4 cred)
Psychology in the Workplace (4 cred)
15 credit hours. Currently a junior. I declared my major late (Fall 2012) so I want to play catch up with my degree requirements...

Yep you're fine.

Hey everyone, I spoke with my mentor and have moved my schedule around again, I will put it in as an attachment. It is my entire 3 year plan :)
I had a whole plan coming into college. It didn't even last until September 4 of my freshman year. You are also going to change your plan and that's OK. You'll want to take other major classes, other electives, and classes that aren't with that terrible professor. Don't be afraid to take electives in something that has no direct connection to medical school or biology (economics, critical race theory, international relations, cosmology, classical history, etc.) and keep your mind open about changing majors.

You also are going to want to keep your summers open. You're not going to get into med school straight out of college without significant related experience, and taking classes in the summer makes that a lot harder. It's also tough to find a real world job (medicine, research, or in really anything) without experience.

Freshman Biomedical Engineering Major

Calc-Based Physics I and Lab (4)
Gen. Chemistry II and Lab (4)
Popular Music in America (4)
Intro. to Engineering II (2)
Engineering Communications II (2)

16 credits, same as last semester

I had a whole plan coming into college. It didn't even last until September 4 of my freshman year. You are also going to change your plan and that's OK. You'll want to take other major classes, other electives, and classes that aren't with that terrible professor. Don't be afraid to take electives in something that has no direct connection to medical school or biology (economics, critical race theory, international relations, cosmology, classical history, etc.) and keep your mind open about changing majors.

You also are going to want to keep your summers open. You're not going to get into med school straight out of college without significant related experience, and taking classes in the summer makes that a lot harder. It's also tough to find a real world job (medicine, research, or in really anything) without experience.
Thanks for your reply! I am actually going to take an astronomy course (who wouldn't want to learn about stars and planets?!)
As far as the summers go, this coming summer is (hopefully) my last 'busy' one where I have to take classes. I currently work full time as an EMT (hoping to get a job as an ER tech as well) and I have logged a lot of shadowing hours, so I feel as if my clinical experience is A-okay. But please, if you have any more tips/hints/suggestions please send them my way! I am definitely up for trying new things.

Spring 2014 Semester:
- Physics II: 4 credits w/lab
- Mycology/Parasitology: 4 credits
- Med. Ethics (Writing course): 4 credits
- Pathogenic Microbiology: 5 credits w/lab

Total Credits: 17

Freshman Biomedical Engineering Major

Calc-Based Physics I and Lab (4)
Gen. Chemistry II and Lab (4)
Popular Music in America (4)
Intro. to Engineering II (2)
Engineering Communications II (2)

16 credits, same as last semester

Looks good.

Spring 2014 Semester:
- Physics II: 4 credits w/lab
- Mycology/Parasitology: 4 credits
- Med. Ethics (Writing course): 4 credits
- Pathogenic Microbiology: 5 credits w/lab

Total Credits: 17

Yep, you're fine.

Thanks for your reply! I am actually going to take an astronomy course (who wouldn't want to learn about stars and planets?!)
As far as the summers go, this coming summer is (hopefully) my last 'busy' one where I have to take classes. I currently work full time as an EMT (hoping to get a job as an ER tech as well) and I have logged a lot of shadowing hours, so I feel as if my clinical experience is A-okay. But please, if you have any more tips/hints/suggestions please send them my way! I am definitely up for trying new things.
It's not just clinical experience. It's research work and getting your internships in order so you can get a real job if you don't get in or go straight to medical school upon graduation.

Intro to Microbiology w/ Lab - 4
Anatomy & Physiology 1 w/Lab - 4
Psych 101 - 3
English 102 - 3

14 credits. Less credits overall than my last semester, but I've been told A&P + Micro is going to be hell. Any thoughts?

-Ochem & Lab II
-Stats for math majors II
-Multivariate calculus for math majors
-Genes, Ecology, and Evolution
-Research Seminar

15 credits

Intro to Microbiology w/ Lab - 4
Anatomy & Physiology 1 w/Lab - 4
Psych 101 - 3
English 102 - 3

14 credits. Less credits overall than my last semester, but I've been told A&P + Micro is going to be hell. Any thoughts?

If it's that bad, get rid of micro and add some gen ed.

-Ochem & Lab II
-Stats for math majors II
-Multivariate calculus for math majors
-Genes, Ecology, and Evolution
-Research Seminar

15 credits

You're fine

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Pathophysiology
Orthopedic Trauma
Surgical Anatomy
Human Physiology Lab
Biology Careers Seminar

12 credits

Physics 2 w/ lab - 5 credits
Organic chem 2 - 4 credits
Genetics - 3 credits
Genetics lab - 3 credits

while conducting research for my project 15+ hours a week and volunteering at a hospital 5 hours a week

2nd semest freshman

- Gen Chem II (and lab) --> 4 creds
- Foundations of Math (math major class) --> 4 creds
- Linear algebra --> 4 creds
- Intro macroecon --> 4 creds

Physics 2 w/ lab - 5 credits
Organic chem 2 - 4 credits
Genetics - 3 credits
Genetics lab - 3 credits

while conducting research for my project 15+ hours a week and volunteering at a hospital 5 hours a week

Your schedule is fine... but is genetics lab necessary?

Cellular Neurophysiology, 3
Physics 1 with Lab, 5
Organic Chemistry 1, 3
Organic Chemistry 2 Lab, 1
Issues and Themes in Cognitive Science, 3
Methods in Neuroscience, 2
Intriguing Topics in Neuroscience, 1
Sensation and Perception, 3
Shadowing internship, 3 (pass/fail)
Total = 24 credits.

I also work 20hrs/wk as a student assistant in medical records. Also, on the board of a club and member of another.
I'm planning on continuing my research lab but I'm not sure if I should do it for volunteer (4hrs a week) or credit 2 credits for 6hrs a week. I feel like time may be a bit tight :/

Physics 1 with Lab, 5
Organic Chemistry 1, 3
Total = 24 credits.

I also work 20hrs/wk as a student assistant in medical records. Also, on the board of a club and member of another.
I'm planning on continuing my research lab but I'm not sure if I should do it for volunteer (4hrs a week) or credit 2 credits for 6hrs a week. I feel like time may be a bit tight :/

Getting desperate eh? Why did you push off all the core classes at the last minute?

Physics 1 with Lab, 5
Organic Chemistry 1, 3
Total = 24 credits.

You are setting yourself up for either (a) failure or (b) misery here. And there is no choice (c)

Can you push Physics I w/ Lab and one of the Orgo classes to a Summer I session? Typically you can take those big pre-med courses over the summer, and many schools offer two six-week summer sessions so you can fit a two semester sequence into 12 weeks. If you can put Phys I/lab and one of the orgo classes into the first summer session, and do the rest during the spring, you can have all those classes on an AMCAS by mid-July if you are applying then. You could also omit grades for the summer courses and just submit your AMCAS on Day 1 with no grades listed on those courses, and update the schools you care about later.

And of course, if you're not applying to schools in 2014, then you absolutely don't need to cram 24 credits into your schedule like that.

Economics, 10
Stats, 5
Bio, 5

I am also playing in the orchestra and doing bench research... not that many extracurricular activities.

Last edited:
Principles of Economics, 5
Statistical Methods for Social Scientists, 5
Economic Analysis I, 5
Cell Biology and Animal Physiology, 5

<3

I am also playing in the university orchestra and doing bench research... not that many extracurriculars.

I believe you're fine.

You are setting yourself up for either (a) failure or (b) misery here. And there is no choice (c)

Can you push Physics I w/ Lab and one of the Orgo classes to a Summer I session? Typically you can take those big pre-med courses over the summer, and many schools offer two six-week summer sessions so you can fit a two semester sequence into 12 weeks. If you can put Phys I/lab and one of the orgo classes into the first summer session, and do the rest during the spring, you can have all those classes on an AMCAS by mid-July if you are applying then. You could also omit grades for the summer courses and just submit your AMCAS on Day 1 with no grades listed on those courses, and update the schools you care about later.

And of course, if you're not applying to schools in 2014, then you absolutely don't need to cram 24 credits into your schedule like that.

Getting desperate eh? Why did you push off all the core classes at the last minute?

I forgot to mention that I don't plan on applying until 2015 or 2016, but I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place with my major classes only being offered once a year and my scholarship coming to an end when I graduate May 2015. Financially I can't afford to take summer classes (costs thousands of dollars and I will also be working full time).
Thank you for the advice. I'm guessing that taking my research lab for credit would be like stabbing a fork deeper in my eye and should be avoided at all costs, yes?

I forgot to mention that I don't plan on applying until 2015 or 2016, but I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place with my major classes only being offered once a year and my scholarship coming to an end when I graduate May 2015. Financially I can't afford to take summer classes (costs thousands of dollars and I will also be working full time).
Thank you for the advice. I'm guessing that taking my research lab for credit would be like stabbing a fork deeper in my eye and should be avoided at all costs, yes?

When I say failure or misery, I mean that you may succeed...but you will be very unhappy in those last 4-5 weeks of the term. But it's doable. I've done it. But you certainly will regret it.

Whether or not you should do research for credit depends.. especially if your school makes you pay by the credit rather than the semester. AdComms will want to know what you learned for your research and what posters/presentations/publications came from it. Whether or not you get academic credit won't really matter to them. If you know your professor will give you an "A" no matter what and it won't cost you any more tuition dollars to take it, then you can put the research on your transcript and it will raise your term GPA as insurance against your 24 credit load of "real" stuff.

If you can't be sure your prof will give you an "A", even if you have to flake for the last 4 weeks of the semester, then just do the research on a volunteer basis rather than for academic credit.

Wait if you're graduating in 2015, you're likely a junior right? Did something went bad in your first two years that forced you to cram in the last minute? Were you avoiding your major requirements or somehow completely screwed up initially? 24 credits in your case is a lot and is preventable.

My best suggestion is to postpone ochem and physics for later and knock out your major requirements. And do NOT do research for credit. It only hurts and never helps

Semester 1
Ochem 2
Biological diseases
Pre calculus
Abnormal psych

2:
Mobio
Neurobio
Astronomy
Advanced English writing

3:
Biochem
Calculus
Physiology
Health promotion

Do these classes seem doable to each other?
Main confusion is that I was planning on replacing the abnormal psych class with a physio at ucla extension but I feel that it won't look good to do that while being at my uni? And might be too much?
It s a 3.5 unit class

Semester 1
Ochem 2
Biological diseases
Pre calculus
Abnormal psych

2:
Mobio
Neurobio
Astronomy
Advanced English writing

3:
Biochem
Calculus
Physiology
Health promotion

Main confusion is that I was planning on replacing the abnormal psych class with a physio at ucla extension but I feel that it won't look good to do that while being at my uni? And might be too much?
It s a 3.5 unit class

Looks good! idk about the physio for abnormal psych class just because I really enjoyed my abnormal psych. #3 might be a bit of a challenge tho depending on how intense the biochem is

Wait if you're graduating in 2015, you're likely a junior right? Did something went bad in your first two years that forced you to cram in the last minute? Were you avoiding your major requirements or somehow completely screwed up initially? 24 credits in your case is a lot and is preventable.

My best suggestion is to postpone ochem and physics for later and knock out your major requirements. And do NOT do research for credit. It only hurts and never helps
My major only allows for the required classes to be taken Junior/Senior year after we've been admitted to the full-major. Before this semester I focused on getting gen-eds/required classes for my other major, psychology, out of the way. I've been postponing physics for as long as I can remember and am worried that if I don't do it now I won't ever get it done. Ochem is a possibility to postpone since it isn't required of either of my majors for graduation, but then it will be paired with fun classes in senior year such as Systems Neurophysiology and Molecular Biophysics, which sounds way scarier to me than my current schedule.

When I say failure or misery, I mean that you may succeed...but you will be very unhappy in those last 4-5 weeks of the term. But it's doable. I've done it. But you certainly will regret it.

Whether or not you should do research for credit depends.. especially if your school makes you pay by the credit rather than the semester. AdComms will want to know what you learned for your research and what posters/presentations/publications came from it. Whether or not you get academic credit won't really matter to them. If you know your professor will give you an "A" no matter what and it won't cost you any more tuition dollars to take it, then you can put the research on your transcript and it will raise your term GPA as insurance against your 24 credit load of "real" stuff.

If you can't be sure your prof will give you an "A", even if you have to flake for the last 4 weeks of the semester, then just do the research on a volunteer basis rather than for academic credit.
My school is paid per semester, one of the reasons I've taken 18/19 credit loads thus far in order to milk my scholarship for all that its worth. My lab is notorious for giving away free A's as long as you submit a small paper at the end of the semester but there is no chance for posters/presentations/publications due to the PI being very prejudiced towards undergrads (she thinks we can't do anything of value, essentially). So the free "A" would be a nice GPA booster but I wouldn't be getting anything else out of it in the long run. :(

Thank you both for your great advice! It's nice to hear from people other than advisors/friends/professors.

Looks good! idk about the physio for abnormal psych class just because I really enjoyed my abnormal psych. #3 might be a bit of a challenge tho depending on how intense the biochem is
I was actually thinking of dropping the ab psych and doing a seminar and focus more on the others because idnt need it for my major
How would that be

Gen Bio II w/ Lab (4cr)
Gen Chem II w/ Lab (4cr)
Modern World- Humanities (3cr)
Stats (3cr)
Psychology (3cr)

Total: 17 credits
+4-5 hours volunteering, +3 hours volunteer research, I think I can handle it and still have a good time

I was actually thinking of dropping the ab psych and doing a seminar and focus more on the others because idnt need it for my major
How would that be

I think it would be fine if it meets the reqs for that time frame. ab psych wont buy you free points if adcoms see it, but it can be beneficial

I am graduating this semester and only need to take two more classes to graduate and cover all the prerequisites for medical school (biochem and physics II). Would it be frowned upon if I only took these two classes (7 credits)? Should I take some classes I don't need even though it will cost me money and take time away from the classes I need? Please help!

I am graduating this semester and only need to take two more classes to graduate and cover all the prerequisites for medical school (biochem and physics II). Would it be frowned upon if I only took these two classes (7 credits)? Should I take some classes I don't need even though it will cost me money and take time away from the classes I need? Please help!

def take some other classes along with these two! last thing you want is to appear that you cannot handle multiple difficult classes

I'm more nervous about this upcoming semester than I have been so far in college. 2nd semester of 3rd year. I'm taking these classes, trying to maintain my GPA, continue my research, and score my MCAT!

Animal Form, Function, & Deveolopment-3hr
Genetics -3hr
Pathophysiology-3hr
Animal Physiology-3hr
Analyzing Primary Lit-1hr
Research-2hr

Total: 15 hrs
Again, looking at lots of research, some volunteering, and MCAT

I disagree with others and do not think you need to take additional courses and spend more money than you need. But if you don't register for at least another 6 credits, then you should be doing another 15-20 hours of volunteering/clinical work/paid employment to make up for the extra free time in your schedule. You can show that you have excellent time management skills without spending thousands of more dollars on coursework that you don't need.

Having said that, if there is an elective you are passionate about and have always wanted to take, it would show academic curiosity to go above and beyond what you need to take and show that you have academic interests that compel you to take courses of your own volition. However, that's assuming anyone noticed that you only needed 7 credits to graduate. And I am almost certain that no one reading your application would take the time to figure that out.

So really it's up to you. Your original post indicated that you were perhaps concerned with the cost of your education. In that case, think about how much better financially it is to work for 15-20 hours instead of taking another 6+ credits "just cuz". Instead of accumulating debt, you would be gainfully employed and could even make payments on the debt you already have. As long as you are using fruitfully those extra 15-20 hours per week that you save by not taking the additional courses, adcomms won't judge you negatively for taking 7 credits in your last semester.

If you hadn't already done 7 other semesters of full-time work, the answer might be different. For someone doing a post-bacc, for example, if their undergrad GPA were something like a 2.9, then taking 6 credits a semester and getting A's still wouldn't send the message that they can handle the work. But you have already taken tons of semesters of full-time courses and ostensibly done well, so much so that you only need 7 credits in your last semester. As long as you use that free time effectively, you're fine.

Semester 1
Ochem 2
Biological diseases
Pre calculus
Abnormal psych

2:
Mobio
Neurobio
Astronomy
Advanced English writing

3:
Biochem
Calculus
Physiology
Health promotion

It s a 3.5 unit class

I think you're fine.

I'm more nervous about this upcoming semester than I have been so far in college. 2nd semester of 3rd year. I'm taking these classes, trying to maintain my GPA, continue my research, and score my MCAT!

Animal Form, Function, & Deveolopment-3hr
Genetics -3hr
Pathophysiology-3hr
Animal Physiology-3hr
Analyzing Primary Lit-1hr
Research-2hr

Total: 15 hrs
Again, looking at lots of research, some volunteering, and MCAT

Tbh, postpone pathophysiology for later. It won't help you a lot right now.

Why not add some fun/easy gen ed classes to bump it up to 12?

Gen Bio II w/ Lab (4cr)
Gen Chem II w/ Lab (4cr)
Modern World- Humanities (3cr)
Stats (3cr)
Psychology (3cr)

Total: 17 credits
+4-5 hours volunteering, +3 hours volunteer research, I think I can handle it and still have a good time

You're good to go.

My major only allows for the required classes to be taken Junior/Senior year after we've been admitted to the full-major. Before this semester I focused on getting gen-eds/required classes for my other major, psychology, out of the way. I've been postponing physics for as long as I can remember and am worried that if I don't do it now I won't ever get it done. Ochem is a possibility to postpone since it isn't required of either of my majors for graduation, but then it will be paired with fun classes in senior year such as Systems Neurophysiology and Molecular Biophysics, which sounds way scarier to me than my current schedule.

I would strongly recommend you to drop the neuroscience major. Psychology major is okay. Don't stress yourself out by unnecessarily maxing out, or you'll regret it.

I disagree with others and do not think you need to take additional courses and spend more money than you need. But if you don't register for at least another 6 credits, then you should be doing another 15-20 hours of volunteering/clinical work/paid employment to make up for the extra free time in your schedule. You can show that you have excellent time management skills without spending thousands of more dollars on coursework that you don't need.

Having said that, if there is an elective you are passionate about and have always wanted to take, it would show academic curiosity to go above and beyond what you need to take and show that you have academic interests that compel you to take courses of your own volition. However, that's assuming anyone noticed that you only needed 7 credits to graduate. And I am almost certain that no one reading your application would take the time to figure that out.

So really it's up to you. Your original post indicated that you were perhaps concerned with the cost of your education. In that case, think about how much better financially it is to work for 15-20 hours instead of taking another 6+ credits "just cuz". Instead of accumulating debt, you would be gainfully employed and could even make payments on the debt you already have. As long as you are using fruitfully those extra 15-20 hours per week that you save by not taking the additional courses, adcomms won't judge you negatively for taking 7 credits in your last semester.

If you hadn't already done 7 other semesters of full-time work, the answer might be different. For someone doing a post-bacc, for example, if their undergrad GPA were something like a 2.9, then taking 6 credits a semester and getting A's still wouldn't send the message that they can handle the work. But you have already taken tons of semesters of full-time courses and ostensibly done well, so much so that you only need 7 credits in your last semester. As long as you use that free time effectively, you're fine.

This was extremely helpful thank you!! I am actually a 5th year senior, I have 9 semesters under my belt with a 3.66 GPA. Would 7 credit hours, volunteer work and possibly a job do a strong way to spend my 10th and final semester?

This was extremely helpful thank you!! I am actually a 5th year senior, I have 9 semesters under my belt with a 3.66 GPA. Would 7 credit hours, volunteer work and possibly a job do a strong way to spend my 10th and final semester?

Yeah, I think so. If you are dead set on Harvard Med then a 3.66 might be a problem. But I have received Top 10 IIs with a GPA in the 3.5-3.6 range, so a 3.66 is fine, especially if your science GPA is also 3.6+. Have you taken the MCAT yet?

Your plan for the semester sounds great. Just make sure the "possibly a job" turns into a "job" or at least some kind of additional volunteering/tutoring or some other activity that you enjoy and can give you something to talk about in interviews next year. Because, so far at least, it sounds like you'll definitely be doing some interviews next fall :)

Yeah, I think so. If you are dead set on Harvard Med then a 3.66 might be a problem. But I have received Top 10 IIs with a GPA in the 3.5-3.6 range, so a 3.66 is fine, especially if your science GPA is also 3.6+. Have you taken the MCAT yet?

Your plan for the semester sounds great. Just make sure the "possibly a job" turns into a "job" or at least some kind of additional volunteering/tutoring or some other activity that you enjoy and can give you something to talk about in interviews next year. Because, so far at least, it sounds like you'll definitely be doing some interviews next fall :)
thank you so much for the help! what is a "top 10 II"?

thank you so much for the help! what is a "top 10 II"?

An interview invitation at a "top 10" school in US News and World Report. Honestly I didn't take notice of that stuff when I applied and just tried to find schools with reasonable MCAT/GPA ranges and good quality of life. But I have since found out some of these schools have a good reputation.

My point is that even if you are super into prestige, your GPA is still good enough for many of those schools as long as your MCAT and ECs are compelling. All the more reason to do something worthwhile with that extra free time.

And if you just wanna be a doctor, like most of us, you are in great shape as long as the MCAT pans out :]

An interview invitation at a "top 10" school in US News and World Report. Honestly I didn't take notice of that stuff when I applied and just tried to find schools with reasonable MCAT/GPA ranges and good quality of life. But I have since found out some of these schools have a good reputation.

My point is that even if you are super into prestige, your GPA is still good enough for many of those schools as long as your MCAT and ECs are compelling. All the more reason to do something worthwhile with that extra free time.

And if you just wanna be a doctor, like most of us, you are in great shape as long as the MCAT pans out :]
Can't thank you enough, so helpful!

Organic Chemistry I w/ lab
Differential Calculus
Alg-Based Physics I w/ lab
Speech Communication (lol)
Texas Government

19 credit hours

Last edited:
As of right now this is the best schedule I could come up with given my scenario.

Current GPA: 3.1 (109 credits so far)

Summer 2014 (CC classes):
1st session-
- General Chemistry I + Lab
- Pre-Calculus
- (possible filler course/ GPA boost)
2nd session-
- General Chemistry II + Lab
- Calculus

Fall 2014 (university classes): *graduation semester*
- General Biology I + Lab
- Organic Chemistry I + Lab
- Physics I + Lab
- Spanish ( UG requirement to graduate )

Spring 2015 (university classes): *informal DIY post bac*
- General Biology II + Lab
- Organic Chemistry II + Lab
- Physics II + Lab
- Sociology
- Start studying for MCAT

Summer 2015 (CC class):
1st session-
- Biochemistry
- Study for MCAT
At end of session take MCAT (around July 1st-2nd week)

July 2015- Apply to medical schools.

GAP Year:
- continue gaining experience in field
- possibly take more courses during 2nd summer session/fall to boost my GPA

How does this schedule look? I am not going to be working on the side or have any other responsibilities. I will devote my full energy and FULL-TIME into trying to get a 4.0 science GPA. I will have completed 50 additional credits to my GPA with the above schedule which will be ~1/3 of the end total of 165 credits. I can raise my GPA to 3.4 at max with these classes.

Will this be enough?

Just looking for multiple opinions. Maybe a non-trad who has completed all the pre-reqs and MCAT in same amount of time as I plan to do?

As of right now this is the best schedule I could come up with given my scenario.

Current GPA: 3.1 (109 credits so far)

Summer 2014 (CC classes):
1st session-
- General Chemistry I + Lab
- Pre-Calculus
2nd session-
- General Chemistry II + Lab
- Calculus

Fall 2014 (university classes): *graduation semester*
- General Biology I + Lab
- Organic Chemistry I + Lab
- Physics I + Lab
- Spanish ( UG requirement to graduate )

Spring 2015 (university classes): *informal DIY post bac*
- General Biology II + Lab
- Organic Chemistry II + Lab
- Physics II + Lab
- Sociology
- Start studying for MCAT

Summer 2015 (CC class):
1st session-
- Biochemistry
- Study for MCAT
At end of session take MCAT (around July 1st-2nd week)

July 2015- Apply to medical schools.

GAP Year:
- continue gaining experience in field
- possibly take more courses during 2nd summer session/fall to boost my GPA

How does this schedule look? I am not going to be working on the side or have any other responsibilities. I will devote my full energy and FULL-TIME into trying to get a 4.0 science GPA. I will have completed 50 additional credits to my GPA with the above schedule which will be ~1/3 of the end total of 165 credits. I can raise my GPA to 3.4 at max with these classes.

Will this be enough?

Just looking for multiple opinions. Maybe a non-trad who has completed all the pre-reqs and MCAT in same amount of time as I plan to do?

Since you don't have major time-consuming commitments, i'll say your schedule is fine. But, to get a nontrad's opinion, you should post this in the nontrad forums.

Since you don't have major time-consuming commitments, i'll say your schedule is fine. But, to get a nontrad's opinion, you should post this in the nontrad forums.

Any help is fine with me. I was just seeing if anyone has completed a schedule like this before. Thank you.