****The Official Howard University Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Congrats!!! Do you mind sharing your stats (DAT AA, TS, PAT, and sGPA/BCP GPA)?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Thanks! Sure
AA: 18 TS: 18 PAT: 18 QR:16 RC: 20
I don't remember my sGPA, I printed out, but it's packed away some where. Anywho, I had a 3.5 total GPA at the undergrad and grad level. I want to say that my sGPA was somewhere around 3.3 though.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have a question about their prerequisite courses. My university only offers a combined lecture and lab of human anatomy for a 4 hour credit course. Do you all know if that will suffice?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

I have a question about their prerequisite courses. My university only offers a combined lecture and lab of human anatomy for a 4 hour credit course. Do you all know if that will suffice?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
I only took a 4 credit course of anatomy which was a combined lab and lecture and I was accepted with no stipulations.

Reactions: 1 user
Those who got interviewed here at Howard, do you guys mind sharing what questions were asked during the interview? Were there any particular odd questions? Was it one on one interview? I am planning to apply this year. Thanks you.

Those who got interviewed here at Howard, do you guys mind sharing what questions were asked during the interview? Were there any particular odd questions? Was it one on one interview? I am planning to apply this year. Thanks you.
My interview was really laid-back and I was asked basic/simple questions like "Why Dentistry", "Why Howard", "How do you relieve stress", etc...I spent most of the interview just chatting though. However, if you go to the Interview Feedback part of SDN and look up the questions for Howard, you'll be prepared. As I recall, the questions I was asked was exactly like the ones there except for one or two. And I was interviewed by two people at the same time.

My interview was really laid-back and I was asked basic/simple questions like "Why Dentistry", "Why Howard", "How do you relieve stress", etc...I spent most of the interview just chatting though. However, if you go to the Interview Feedback part of SDN and look up the questions for Howard, you'll be prepared. As I recall, the questions I was asked was exactly like the ones there except for one or two. And I was interviewed by two people at the same time.

Thanks! Was there a group interview cuz I checked on the SDN interview feed where some students had group interviews. Also was this an open file interview?

Thanks! Was there a group interview cuz I checked on the SDN interview feed where some students had group interviews. Also was this an open file interview?
When I looked on SDN when trying to prepare I saw that some people said group interview too. However, when I interviewed it was just me and the two people who interviewed me. Maybe by group they ment the two people interviewing? And it was open file i think but no one asked questions about my file.

when is the interview? can you let us know how it went?

My interview was really laid back. I was interviewed by a professor and a student. They asked typical questions...Why Howard? How do you respond to stress? They also asked questions specific to me... You've been out of school a while, how will you adjust? There was another professor there that asked more ethics based questions...What would you do if you saw a fellow classmate cheating? That happened to be our essay question as well. There were nine of us total. Ms. Nixon didn't say how many seats were left, but said there were enough left so that we would all have a seat. They have one more interview day next Friday. We find out Thursday.

Reactions: 1 users
Was anyone accepted before completing all of the required courses. also, did anyone apply before completing all of the required courses i am applying this cycle but still have to complete organic chemistry 11, introductory phys 11 and biochemistry. Is this an issue? the courses will be completed this fall however. I have completed all of the other required courses and have an overall and science GPA of 3.8

Was anyone accepted before completing all of the required courses. also, did anyone apply before completing all of the required courses i am applying this cycle but still have to complete organic chemistry 11, introductory phys 11 and biochemistry. Is this an issue? the courses will be completed this fall however. I have completed all of the other required courses and have an overall and science GPA of 3.8

I applied before completing biochem and was accepted before completing it. I've heard of people being accepted with one required course not completed, but 3 incomplete required courses is a little iffy. If you do choose to apply, I would suggest taking those three classes first semester so you can send the school the grades for those sooner.

For those that received the email about the biochem lecture, who was able to view it? I'm having issues. On blackboard under courses it's empty so there is no link for me to click on. Is anyone else experiencing the same thing?

(Nvm- site isn't set up)

Last edited:
Hey you guys I know im reviving a really really old thread, but I was thinking of applying here for next years cycle and ofcourse I couldnt go to the class of 2021 thread because they're just starting. So I'm from NC and will probably apply everywhere on the east coast ,but im hoping for unc, ecu (my undergrad), or howard. I really want to get a city life experience and would really like to know what any of you guys think after your first year (or even if its more than your first year) as far as pros cons, would you recommend it, that facilities, the city of D.C in general (ive never been). Please feel free to pm me if you don't want to leave it under the thread..thank you!