****The Official Howard University Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

The birthday thing doesn't work for me. :(
Make sure you make it six digits! So if your birthday is in January, put a 0 before the 1. It has to be 6 digits.

Members don't see this ad.

Make sure you make it six digits! So if your birthday is in January, put a 0 before the 1. It has to be 6 digits.
Yeah, I tried that but it keeps saying it is invalid. I guess I'll try calling but knowing my luck no one will answer. Hopefully I'll get more information in the mail that'll tell me what's going on.

Sent from my SM-N920T using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
i was having the same problem with logging in but make sure when you put you ID # in it's like this: @12345678 (@ and whatever your id number is) and then use your birthday like mentioned before

i was having the same problem with logging in but make sure when you put you ID # in it's like this: @12345678 (@ and whatever your id number is) and then use your birthday like mentioned before
I tried that way as well and it didnt work for me :/

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

sorry it didn't work, good luck getting in contact with them! As of right now you're not missing out on being able to do much on the account

Same here, I did that in the beginning and it did not work for me. But I did call the registrar earlier and asked them what my PIN was since the birthday thing did not work and they told me that my information is not in the system. My name was there but my birthday was not so I did not have a PIN. Maybe you are in the same boat as me? They said I will have to wait for the dental school to update my file since they only do undergraduates.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anybody know if all the seats have been filled? Or how many have been filled already?

Does anybody know if all the seats have been filled? Or how many have been filled already?
I don't know how many seats have been filled, but I'm sure the class isn't filled yet.

hey all i just got an interview invite today around 6pm. Any recommendation on where to stay? close to attractions but not too far away from the school?

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
hey all i just got an interview invite today around 6pm. Any recommendation on where to stay? close to attractions but not too far away from the school?
Congrats! They may have put this in your e-mail, but the Sheraton in Silver Spring gives discount to Howard people if you tell them you're there for an interview. I just drove to the school from there (like a 15 minute drive) and parked on the street, or you can take the metro from the Silver Spring station.

Congrats on the interview tell us how everything goes and keep us updated on the seat count.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats!! Can you please share your stats and if they called or emailed you? :)

Hi everyone I interviewed today. My group was very small 6 people total including myself. The class is about half full says Mrs. Nixon.

Overall the experience was pretty relaxed, I think my interview went well. They asked the basic questions. There wasn't a question that I didn't practice or knew beforehand going in.

They said we should find out acceptance or not within 1 week.

There is a wait list currently even tho the class is not full.

Reactions: 1 users
I've been trying to contact people in the school. I'm guessing if you didn't hear back yet its over? =[

I've been trying to contact people in the school. I'm guessing if you didn't hear back yet its over? =[

No the class is not full yet, they are still conducting interviews. I noticed that yes Howard moves very slowly but part of the reason is they choose their students very wisely. The class is very diverse they don't just choose people with low stats, that's a big misconception.

They were explaining to me that they choose students for different qualities so that when you mix them all together the class helps and compliments each other to reach the goal of graduating as a dentist. In terms of a bowl of salad.

Every piece of the salad plays a different role that compliments the cucumber or tomatoes next to it. This is the metaphor they gave me lol.

My interview group was only 6 people, I heard some groups were slightly larger and I heard they even interviewed only 1 person one day before. They are filling up their class based on what they want.

Hello Everyone,

Hopefully you get this message in time. I'm a current D1 at HUCD and I'm selling some t-shirts for Mother's Day and Father's Day, however the last day to order is today at 11:00 pm EST. If we reach our sales goal with these items we will bring them back for resell for the incoming D1 class, so we need your help! Congratulations to everyone who has been accepted and best of luck to those awaiting decisions!!! Links below to purchase:

https://teespring.com/hucdmom
https://teespring.com/hucddad

Hey everybody,

I talked to a student at Howard and their finals are this week, so we probably won't be hearing anything this week.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
My user id isn't working still, and i called the help center they told me my birthdate isn't in the system! Is anyone else having this issue??

My user id isn't working still, and i called the help center they told me my birthdate isn't in the system! Is anyone else having this issue??

I was having the same issue too. I had called several times and nothing ever got done over the phone so I ended up going to the registrar's office in person and they fixed it for me there. You can try calling the registrar office or if you are not far from the school you can go to them in person.

I was having the same issue too. I had called several times and nothing ever got done over the phone so I ended up going to the registrar's office in person and they fixed it for me there. You can try calling the registrar office or if you are not far from the school you can go to them in person.

I think going there is a better option!! I will go there if they dont answer their phone call!

Try calling 202-806-2706
Yea I called that number but, their mailbox is full so I couldn't leave my message. Going there in person would be my other option if they dont answer this week. Thanks though!!!

Accepted! Rejected the offer. Hope this helps some of you still waiting. Best of luck!

Any updates? I don't think we will hear about anything until May 30(I am guessing this due to DentalDreams123 post of acceptance)

How long until after your interview did you hear back? And when was your interview?

I think Howard usually accepts every other week. I had a friday interview, and then my friend had a friday interview 1 week later. We both got accepted the same day, mine 1 week later and him a few hours later.

I wish they would send out SOMETHING to let us know what's going on. If there's still a decent amount of seats open, i can't help but wonder if i'll get an interview..

I wish they would send out SOMETHING to let us know what's going on. If there's still a decent amount of seats open, i can't help but wonder if i'll get an interview..
Same here and this Mercury Retrograde isn't helping lol. I am still hopeful though and everyone else should be as well. Like my aunt has said in the past to me, "No News is Good News."

Is there still a chance for an interview? I wish!

Hello all,

I have yet to hear an update, but I did notice a slight jump on the fb group from 40 to 45 members. Today the app cycle is open. I personally am going to wait until July to apply. Yes, I still have faith, because I have always heard that no news is good news and I feel like if I was a candidate that they weren't interested in they would have let me know by the time the new app cycle opened. Keep the faith you all. Keep the faith. Have a great day.

Last edited:
Does all of the required pre-requisites have to be completed before you can apply and will having 2 or 3 pre-reqs left to take hurt your interview chances ?

Does all of the required pre-requisites have to be completed before you can apply and will having 2 or 3 pre-reqs left to take hurt your interview chances ?

As long as you state that in your planned courses, I believe you should be okay.

Hello all,

I have yet to hear an update, but I did notice a slight jump on the fb group from 40 to 45 members. Today the app cycle is open. I personally am going to wait until July to apply. Yes, I still have faith, because I have always heard that no news is good news and I feel like if I was a candidate that they weren't interested in they would have let me know by the time the new app cycle opened. Keep the faith you all. Keep the faith. Have a great day.

I am in the same position as you are. I emailed them and called but didn't get an answer, but I didn't get a rejection either. Praying for everyone!

I just got rejected, it's funny to me because I will be in the DC area towards the end of this week, I just called the secretary and left her a message about the cycle and an hour later I had a rejection letter in my inbox. I want to apply again, but I don't think I will be applying to Howard again. I know God doesn't make any mistakes so Good Luck to all of you. If you would like to contact Ms.Nixon about your status her contact info is 202-806-0439.

I assumed I was rejected since I hadn't heard anything, but I just got an interview invite today. When does school actually start?

I assumed I was rejected since I hadn't heard anything, but I just got an interview invite today. When does school actually start?

I think school starts August 15th. And apparently they are doing the white coat ceremony for D1 students so they want measurements for the incoming class of 2020. This is what I heard. They said the white coat ceremony is on August 19th.

I think school starts August 15th. And apparently they are doing the white coat ceremony for D1 students so they want measurements for the incoming class of 2020. This is what I heard. They said the white coat ceremony is on August 19th.

Ok thank you!