****The Official Indiana University Class of 2018 Interview/Acceptance Thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am interviewing at the beginning of Nov. They said to plan on being there at 8am for school tour and faculty presentations. My interview itself isn't scheduled until 2:30 in the afternoon...any idea how long that day will actually go?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys, I am interviewing in the near future and was just hoping anyone could provide any sort of advice or information on what to expect. Thanks so much in advance!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys, I am interviewing in the near future and was just hoping anyone could provide any sort of advice or information on what to expect. Thanks so much in advance!

So they will open up with a tour. Followed by a few presentations (History, curriculum, financial aid). If the dean is around he will drop by and speak for a little (very good speaker). In between presentations there will be lunch and you will be join by two dental students. Make sure to ask questions, our group seemed to surprise them by being extremely talkative as oppose to the usual group who apparently were awkwardly quiet. In your confirmation email it should tell you exactly when your interview is. They begin at 1 and the last will be at 4. My interview was at 4 so I had to wait for 3hrs while our group became smaller and smaller until I was the last one. So check your time and be prepared. Its suppose to be a 3 on 1 interview with two faculty and one student. But when we were there it was during midterms so we just had the faculty. They grilled me on my personal statement and app so review yours and they asked follow up questions that branched from my answers. Pretty laid back faculty though, very nice (at least in my experience). There will also be a little debriefing interview at the end with a faculty member. This is where they ask you about your experience and explain what to expect next in the app process (maybe interview was the wrong word). Great school/Great experience. Good luck.

The thread is almost dead!!

IUSD will send the final decision on December 2nd | 9:00 AM

Good luck everybody!

Reactions: 1 user
just got an interview invite :) good luck everyone!

Congrats! When was your app complete date and stats if you dont mind me asking!
no i don't mind :)

School: Indiana
Notification date: 11/25/13
Method of notification: on aadsas
Residency: Michigan
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/28/2013
Application complete date: 8/23/13
GPA (science, overall): sGPA 3.75, oGPA 3.86
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 18/19/20/none

Did all the OOS applicants get the e-mail saying the decision date will be delayed?:eek:

Yes, got the delayed out of state notice as well.

I am out of state and I also got that email.

I just came here to see in state acceptance posts, and there is not a single one. How odd.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am out of state and I also got that email.

I just came here to see in state acceptance posts, and there is not a single one. How odd.

yeah what's going on?

I received an invite this morning. Anyone else? This thread is dead.

Accepted OOS! Got the email a few mins ago, but it was dated for 5:14pm PST.

Accepted OOS! Got the email a few mins ago, but it was dated for 5:14pm PST.

I also just got an acceptance email, and it was dated for 8:14pm. I am an OOS applicant, and was not anticipating anything until the 6th. I would speculate they are just sending out the emails as they accept candidates, so stay patient.

I also got an acceptance email.
Nice to meet you all here

I'm also OOS and got the acceptance email.

It has been awhile since I did the interview and man did I forget how expensive this place is!

Does someone want to direct message me their name so that I can start a Facebook group? I apparently can't start a group without having at least one other person to invite.

OP here, I got an acceptance letter (email) on 12/2/13 at 4am. I will be attending here. Good luck to you all.

Accepted OOS here too!.. Is there a facebook group yet?

My portal updated on Friday to say invited for interview but I haven't heard yet. Woot!

Accepted In-state

I got an email a few weeks back saying from the dean saying I wouldn't hear a decision till 8am on Dec. 2. I got an acceptance email at 8:01am!

Portal updated to under review as of 12/9, even though I was second batch. I'm confused

I received an interview invite this morning I'm OOS

Me too! But chances for oos post december seem small so I'm debating. Really do love this school.

Does someone want to direct message me their name so that I can start a Facebook group? I apparently can't start a group without having at least one other person to invite.
are you looking for peoples names who have been accepted for IUSD Class of 2018?

skye bower

AADSAS updated this morning with an OOS interview invite!

Reactions: 1 users
Pretty late and a complete shocker... but got an interview invite today. OOS. So there's still hope..... :)

Reactions: 2 users
I got an interview invite yesterday as OOS Illinois resident too! They were telling me back in the fall that most OOS residents would be interviewing during the spring! So if you're an OOS resident you may still have some time!

Got my invite for an interview (2-17) Anyone that has interviewed, how are they?

I also got an interview! Sent it yesterday via email, hopefully I interview on the 10th. It will be my second interview, with another the next day at MWU CDMI. Gonna be a long couple days.

Overall GPA: 3.46 science GPA: 3.25 OOS (MI)
DAT: AA 20 TS 20 PAT 19 RC 24 None below 17

This will be my first interview, scheduled for next Monday 2/10. From the west coast so will be arriving Saturday night.
Anyone else interviewing that day/ going to be in town early?

Any tips on interviews in general or Indiana specifically?

So excited!!!

This will be my first interview, scheduled for next Monday 2/10. From the west coast so will be arriving Saturday night.
Anyone else interviewing that day/ going to be in town early?

Any tips on interviews in general or Indiana specifically?

So excited!!!

Indianapolis is a small city and was very cold when I was there (1/21) but seemed like a great place. I wasn't there long enough to really go around and visit the entire city but my friend who is a D1 took me to a couple great places to eat that were really good.

The school is amazing along with the staff and those that interviewed me. The interview was a simple conversation with the first questions asking about my employment experience (I'm a non-trad) and the remaining questions came from my response. The interview seemed to fly by which was kind of disappointing because there were some points that I would've really liked to have talked about but just never got to since the conversation went in another direction. If you're scared/stressed - don't be. Just be yourself and know how to answer the questions in a straightforward manner. I know that's easier said than done because that's what everyone kept saying to me leading up to it but really, just be relaxed and be yourself. Don't stress yourself out expecting the worst. Know how to answer the questions listed on the Indiana University Interview webpage on SDN and you'll do fine.

just wanted to give my two cents about this interview. maybe it was just me, but I did NOT find the interview relaxed or laid back. at all. they mention multiple times that the point of the day is to "see how you think on the fly" and i personally felt like they were trying to wear us down all day to see how we perform at the end of the day at the interview. Don't get me wrong, everyone was nice, and maybe this was just me, but they save the interview for the VERY end of the day, and some people had to wait 3 hours with nothing to do for their interview. Also, there's no breakfast, and the lunch was a little questionable. They also watch you pretty much the entire time, so I was a little shy while eating lunch and didn't eat much. there's a bunch of presentations, and a tour where you do have to walk around in many feet of snow (dress warm). The interview itself was 2 on one, closed file but they have your personal statement. I felt like I was prepared for everything they asked me, but what i wasn't prepared for was their tone of voice...they didn't really make eye contact, and had no reaction to anything i said so it was like an awkward one-way conversation with them just writing things down here and there. Also, one of my interviewers would just glare at me with ONE EYEBROW up as if i were the scum of the universe and she couldn't believe I was in her presence.

Like i said, this was just my experience, and it looks like everyone else had a nicer time at their interviews. so maybe they try scaring you on purpose to see how you react under pressure? i've just never had an experience at an interview like this so i found it strange. either way, just wanted to share my story!

Overall advice: bring a snack, drink coffee before hand, and dress warm with plenty of sleep the night before.

hope this helps someone :)

just wanted to give my two cents about this interview. maybe it was just me, but I did NOT find the interview relaxed or laid back. at all. they mention multiple times that the point of the day is to "see how you think on the fly" and i personally felt like they were trying to wear us down all day to see how we perform at the end of the day at the interview. Don't get me wrong, everyone was nice, and maybe this was just me, but they save the interview for the VERY end of the day, and some people had to wait 3 hours with nothing to do for their interview. Also, there's no breakfast, and the lunch was a little questionable. They also watch you pretty much the entire time, so I was a little shy while eating lunch and didn't eat much. there's a bunch of presentations, and a tour where you do have to walk around in many feet of snow (dress warm). The interview itself was 2 on one, closed file but they have your personal statement. I felt like I was prepared for everything they asked me, but what i wasn't prepared for was their tone of voice...they didn't really make eye contact, and had no reaction to anything i said so it was like an awkward one-way conversation with them just writing things down here and there. Also, one of my interviewers would just glare at me with ONE EYEBROW up as if i were the scum of the universe and she couldn't believe I was in her presence.

Like i said, this was just my experience, and it looks like everyone else had a nicer time at their interviews. so maybe they try scaring you on purpose to see how you react under pressure? i've just never had an experience at an interview like this so i found it strange. either way, just wanted to share my story!

Overall advice: bring a snack, drink coffee before hand, and dress warm with plenty of sleep the night before.

hope this helps someone :)
I really liked it. I didn't feel like they were trying to wear us down, but it was a long day, my interview was at 4, so one of the last ones. My interviewers were both nice, so maybe it was just you. I was there about a month ago.

I really liked it. I didn't feel like they were trying to wear us down, but it was a long day, my interview was at 4, so one of the last ones. My interviewers were both nice, so maybe it was just you. I was there about a month ago.

I will agree with what syap stated. My interview went well, in fact almost easy. We just shot the Sh*% about food and life. But my interviewer may have been having a good day or just have been a great person. Sorry for your unfortunate interview

We are a week away from the big day for Indiana. Has anyone heard anything other than being contacted on the 26th or has anyone heard from them since they interviewed after December? I know I'm looking forward to it.

either way, just trying to help others who might have future interviews here by sharing my unique experience. i'm glad your experience was better!

Status
Not open for further replies.