****The Official Indiana University Class of 2018 Interview/Acceptance Thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am so nervous for the next few days...

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone called yet?

If I remember correctly from my interview, they said that the spring selection meetings would take place today and tomorrow. I wouldn't expect to hear anything until next week or Friday the earliest

If I remember correctly from my interview, they said that the spring selection meetings would take place today and tomorrow. I wouldn't expect to hear anything until next week or Friday the earliest
Dr. Peterson told me at my interview February 10 that we would hear before march, which made it sound like this week

OOS Acceptance at 10:30 am GOOD LUCK to everyone!!

Reactions: 1 user
Rejected just as I suspected lol dont think the school was a good match for me. Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
Alternate as well. Do you guys remember if they mentioned how fast they go through their waitlist? or how many they usually put on their waitlist? Also, were either of you at the Feb 3rd date?

Thanks in advance!

Reactions: 1 users
Alternate as well. Do you guys remember if they mentioned how fast they go through their waitlist? or how many they usually put on their waitlist? Also, were either of you at the Feb 3rd date?

Thanks in advance!
I'm curious as well. Seems like quite a few alternates already

OOS student and found out today I am an alternate too. Does anyone know if they have separate wait lists for in-state on OOS? And the average number of people on the wait list that get in? Thanks!

OOS student and found out today I am an alternate too. Does anyone know if they have separate wait lists for in-state on OOS? And the average number of people on the wait list that get in? Thanks!
They have to maintain a certain percentage of in state students and so that will result in two separate lists, in state and out of state. And I don't think they know how many people are on the waitlist, students have until March 12th to respond yes or no, I assume it's the same with those accepted. Once that date has passed I bet they will have a better idea. And to be honest I bet about a third of those accepted will choose to go elsewhere and decline Indiana. So...be patient!

Hope the OOS alternate list moves fast..But seems there are a lot of alternates already...gonna be tough :s

Yeah, I am worried about how fast the OOS list will move. It is so late in the application cycle so many people have already accepted elsewhere. My fear is that majority of the wait list will consist of those of us who don't have anywhere else to go, and as a result, the list won't move much. I could just be freaking myself out though:wacky:! If any students have been waitlisted in the past at Indiana please share your experiences. I would love to know more!

I am very disappointed with this school. I didn't receive a letter or email regarding anything, just an update as Denied on AADSAS. Did this happen to anyone else?

just wanted to give my two cents about this interview. maybe it was just me, but I did NOT find the interview relaxed or laid back. at all. they mention multiple times that the point of the day is to "see how you think on the fly" and i personally felt like they were trying to wear us down all day to see how we perform at the end of the day at the interview. Don't get me wrong, everyone was nice, and maybe this was just me, but they save the interview for the VERY end of the day, and some people had to wait 3 hours with nothing to do for their interview. Also, there's no breakfast, and the lunch was a little questionable. They also watch you pretty much the entire time, so I was a little shy while eating lunch and didn't eat much. there's a bunch of presentations, and a tour where you do have to walk around in many feet of snow (dress warm). The interview itself was 2 on one, closed file but they have your personal statement. I felt like I was prepared for everything they asked me, but what i wasn't prepared for was their tone of voice...they didn't really make eye contact, and had no reaction to anything i said so it was like an awkward one-way conversation with them just writing things down here and there. Also, one of my interviewers would just glare at me with ONE EYEBROW up as if i were the scum of the universe and she couldn't believe I was in her presence.

Like i said, this was just my experience, and it looks like everyone else had a nicer time at their interviews. so maybe they try scaring you on purpose to see how you react under pressure? i've just never had an experience at an interview like this so i found it strange. either way, just wanted to share my story!

Overall advice: bring a snack, drink coffee before hand, and dress warm with plenty of sleep the night before.

hope this helps someone :)

I'm with you on the long day, but I never once felt like I was being worn down. Our group was talkative so it was very comfortable during lunch, we just cracked jokes with the dental students who joined us to answer questions. I was one of those people who had to wait 3hrs with nothing to do, so that was a little nerve racking. But dental students just kept coming up to me starting convos and wishing me luck, which helped time pass by. My interviewers were awesome! Best interview I had all cycle, because I actually enjoyed myself. They smiled the entire time and asked insightful questions and even laughed at my corny jokes. I even received a hand written note from them before I left saying how much they enjoyed chatting. So I definitely feel yours was an isolated incident since I've heard nothing but good things from others. And I'm sorry for that. If I didn't get into my state school I would have actually loved to attend here, but that leaves a spot open for one of you guys. Best of luck!

What that guy said. Loved this school. Probably my favourite interview.

Since I got accepted to my top choice school, I have sent an email to inform IUSD about my decision of withdrawing my application after being waitlisted there... The waitlist is shorter now :) Good luck to everybody

Since I got accepted to my top choice school, I have sent an email to inform IUSD about my decision of withdrawing my application after being waitlisted there... The waitlist is shorter now :) Good luck to everybody
Congrats and good luck to you too! And thanks for making the list that much shorter!

Accepted to Indiana off the waitlist today. Email.

Last edited:
Accepted to Indian off the waitlist today. Email.

I was accepted off the waitlist today as well!! Very excited! But not so happy about that OOS tuition

Congrats to both of you syap and VLynn!

Was anyone told where they are on the wait list and/or how many are on the wait list?

Was anyone told where they are on the wait list and/or how many are on the wait list?
I asked both of those questions and was told that the school does not publish that information. The next step in the process is being contacted if/when accepted.

Was anyone moved to their Masters in Biomedical Science program????

I'm a current D1. FWIW we had several (~5) classmates accepted well after they thought the cycle was up. At this point it really just depends on who declines their offers, but it happens, and sometimes it happens late in the game. One on my classmates received an acceptance on the Wednesday of our first week of classes. As in, "Hi, can you move to Indiana by Friday so you can start off 4 days behind?" Keep your heads up!

I'm a current D1. FWIW we had several (~5) classmates accepted well after they thought the cycle was up. At this point it really just depends on who declines their offers, but it happens, and sometimes it happens late in the game. One on my classmates received an acceptance on the Wednesday of our first week of classes. As in, "Hi, can you move to Indiana by Friday so you can start off 4 days behind?" Keep your heads up!
Any recommendations on where to live? Moving from OOS and not very familiar with the area. I have a wife and baby, too. I was looking around 16th St and College. You know how the area is?

Any recommendations on where to live? Moving from OOS and not very familiar with the area. I have a wife and baby, too. I was looking around 16th St and College. You know how the area is?

I'm moving to Chicago from OOS, if you have a smart phone use the "Trulia" app also has a website; gives you options, crime rates, schools around the area, Amenities, etc... Its how I found my apartment. Friends are from indy its a very diverse place. Best of Luck!

I'd pass on 16th and college. Not awful, but definitely hit or miss. With kids/wife I'd say no for sure.

Downtown (east of the river) for apartments and Broad Ripple for houses are your best bets. Of course there are a million other places that are fine, but those are the main centers for young professionals. With family I'd lean toward Broad Ripple since there isn't so much glass and concrete. 15-18 min commute into school. FWIW I'm a family man as well and have lived there for 7yrs.

Last edited:
I found some nice apartments (I think) at Eagle Creek.

Eagle Creek is nice. It's outside the loop, so the burbs, but not a bad drive in. Most sides are at least decent (except due east) when you're talking outside the beltway.

Anyone planning on giving up their acceptance to give alternates hope?

Did all the alternates receive an update today regarding the 2018 class ?

Hey guys, just wanted to give a glimmer of hope and let you know I will be dropping my OOS spot in the class in the next few days. I hope it goes to someone on SDN. Waiting for my official acceptance letter to come through from the other school.

Reactions: 4 users
Hey guys, just wanted to give a glimmer of hope and let you know I will be dropping my OOS spot in the class in the next few days. I hope it goes to someone on SDN. Waiting for my official acceptance letter to come through from the other school.
Sent my email in this morning. Should be one open spot come Monday morning. Good luck, IU seems like a great school!

Sent my email in this morning. Should be one open spot come Monday morning. Good luck, IU seems like a great school!
Thanks sooo much! I think your position opened for me and got my acceptance yesterday OOS, thank you for giving other people hope! You're a blessing! Wish you success on your other school!

Status
Not open for further replies.