***The Official Indiana University Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
After thinking I was never going to get an interview, the email finally came through. Oct 1st. First interview offer. I'm still in shock.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
oh my goodness. I was at lunch with friends and got a call from an Indiana number, I dropped everything and ran out of the building to answer it thinking it was finally an interview invite... it was just about a fundraiser. Biggest let down EVER
received a smiliar call.. from Hammond High School. I was going to go crazy seeing that I've never been affiliated with the high school. I was SO let down. I also called IU and the woman also said "you should hear back very soon" when I asked when should I expect to hear something from IU.

Congrats! Do you mind sharing your stats?
PA 21, QR 22, AA 19, Science GPA 3.43, over all 2.75 (Nontraditional, I really messed up my first time around) lost of extra curriculars, lots of volunteering.

Reactions: 1 user
PA 21, QR 22, AA 19, Science GPA 3.43, over all 2.75 (Nontraditional, I really messed up my first time around) lost of extra curriculars, lots of volunteering.
Thanks for sharing. Best of luck with your interview!

Feeling very thankful to have received my interview invite today after thinking I was never going to get one!

Reactions: 1 users
Feeling very thankful to have received my interview invite today after thinking I was never going to get one!
I gave myself an hour to get to the school for what should have taken only 35 minutes, I used the whole hour. Give yourself extra driving time. Good luck. Everyone was so nice, I enjoyed every stressful, sweaty moment of it.

I gave myself an hour to get to the school for what should have taken only 35 minutes, I used the whole hour. Give yourself extra driving time. Good luck. Everyone was so nice, I enjoyed every stressful, sweaty moment of it.
Thanks for the advice! I'm excited!

I just received an email today about an interview and have my interview tomorrow!

Can anyone confirm what kind of questions they ask? I've heard from a friend that interviewed already that he was asked strictly situational questions, mostly about ethics.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just received an email today about an interview and have my interview tomorrow!

Can anyone confirm what kind of questions they ask? I've heard from a friend that interviewed already that he was asked strictly situational questions, mostly about ethics.
Congrats! Am I understanding that you got notification this evening for an interview tomorrow? Were you given alternative days? Also, do you mind sharing your stats? Again, congrats and best of luck!

Congrats! Am I understanding that you got notification this evening for an interview tomorrow? Were you given alternative days? Also, do you mind sharing your stats? Again, congrats and best of luck!
From my experience and asking other interviewees, everyone one if us got last minute invites. From a week to a few days, but less than 24 hours should be a record. My suggestion, have your suit ready to go at a moments notice.

I thought I was the only one to receive an invite a couple of days before. Good to know that's the norm at this school.

Can anyone give me suggestions on which hotels to stay at that are near the school? Thanks and good luck to all!

I was wait listed here last cycle. Trying to decide whether they are unaware of this and I should let them know or just let it play out

This blog has been kind of dead! Just wondering if interviews are still going on??

Does anyone know what the stats are for interviewed in state students? I didn't buy the ADEA book but I heard that they're in there

This blog has been kind of dead! Just wondering if interviews are still going on??
They said something about meeting in mid November to decide on who would be accepted, I don't see why they would stop interviews before that, especially since they started interviews so late. I wouldn't give up hope.

Does anyone know what the stats are for interviewed in state
Does anyone know what the stats are for interviewed in state students? I didn't buy the ADEA book but I heard that they're in there
I think they interview about 70% and 36% of the in state applicants end up being accepted.

I think they interview about 70% and 36% of the in state applicants end up being accepted.
eeek 36 is a small number :( everyone I interviewed with seemed so friendly and intelligent, competition is definitely fierce this year :rolleyes:

eeek 36 is a small number :( everyone I interviewed with seemed so friendly and intelligent, competition is definitely fierce this year :rolleyes:
I agree, makes me nervous but hoping for the best!!

OOS interview received today for either the 5th or 6th of November!!

I am looking at the website for Indiana again and is Anatomy required for this year's applicants? Is it lab & lecture??

I am looking at the website for Indiana again and is Anatomy required for this year's applicants? Is it lab & lecture??
Yes, anatomy is required, both lab and lecture.

Any other in state students not receive interviews yet? I am shocked I didn't get an interview seeing as I'm in state. Stats are 3.7 gpa, 3.5 science, 21 AA, 21 TS, 19 PAT, and 24 RC, with none under 19. I have tons of shadowing and plenty of extracurricular activities as well as leadership positions, and years of manual dexterity practice as I've played guitar since I was 13. I have had interviews at all of the other out of state schools I applied to, and I am pretty upset as this was my number one choice and I figured I was at least going to get an interview.

Any other in state students not receive interviews yet? I am shocked I didn't get an interview seeing as I'm in state. Stats are 3.7 gpa, 3.5 science, 21 AA, 21 TS, 19 PAT, and 24 RC, with none under 19. I have tons of shadowing and plenty of extracurricular activities as well as leadership positions, and years of manual dexterity practice as I've played guitar since I was 13. I have had interviews at all of the other out of state schools I applied to, and I am pretty upset as this was my number one choice and I figured I was at least going to get an interview.
Did you apply late? At my interview they told us that they are interviewing the later in-state applicants in the spring.

My app was sent out on 7/17, so not too late... Altho letters of rec were not sent out until 8/1. Just seems odd because I have had a handful of interviews at out of state schools.

Last edited:
My app was sent out on 7/17, so not too late... Altho letters of rec were not sent out until 8/1.
I was first batch and only had my interview 2 weeks ago, so I think it's just taking them longer than usual. Good luck, hope you hear soon!

Cancelled my interview for next week. Hope this helps one of you!

First batch.. just received confirmation that my application is complete.

For those of you who interviewed: Did they say we would receive and email at 8:00 AM dec 1st or did I make that up?

For those of you who interviewed: Did they say we would receive and email at 8:00 AM dec 1st or did I make that up?
I don't remember hearing a time...I'm hoping it will be early though. However I know in previous years people didn't find out until later in the afternoon...

I don't remember hearing a time...I'm hoping it will be early though. However I know in previous years people didn't find out until later in the afternoon...
I wouldn't go off of previous years seeing as their interview process was totally different this year haha. Hopefully I didn't make up the 8AM thing!

Has anyone who already interviewed received a hand written letter from IUSD recently ? I just got one by mail.
It just looks like a thank you letter to me.

Has anyone who already interviewed received a hand written letter from IUSD recently ? I just got one by mail.
It just looks like a thank you letter to me.
When did you interview? I received one after my interview.

When did you interview? I received one after my interview.
My interview was Oct 30th. I also got one at the end of the interview day. Besides that, I just got a hand writing card from IUSD Admissions Ambassador saying "thanks for your interest in attending IUSD, we wish you the best of luck .............".

My friend told me that IU is a bad medical school because there are so many students. She said that there are 340 medical students + PA students from IU + PA students from Butler + DO students from Marion so the learning services are so packed with students, about 8 students per rotation, that she never gets to do anything except shadow doctors. She told me she has been doing that for 4 years and that the PA and DO students are basically doing what she does. Anyone hear different?

My friend told me that IU is a bad medical school because there are so many students. She said that there are 340 medical students + PA students from IU + PA students from Butler + DO students from Marion so the learning services are so packed with students, about 8 students per rotation, that she never gets to do anything except shadow doctors. She told me she has been doing that for 4 years and that the PA and DO students are basically doing what she does. Anyone hear different?

Cool story. What does your friend say about the dental school? Because that's what forum you're in.

Reactions: 4 users
has anyone here got a status update?
mine still says invited for interview. Im OOS

Just got my acceptance email. Good luck to you guys!!!

Absolutely was not expecting to get an acceptance tonight!! Beyond relieved. Congrats to everyone else accepted tonight :soexcited:

Reactions: 1 users
Those that are getting acceptances
Are you guys instate or OOS

congrats!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.