***The Official Indiana University Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
OOS

Canadian.

Accepted! So Grateful. It has been a long journey.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Absolutely was not expecting to get an acceptance tonight!! Beyond relieved. Congrats to everyone else accepted tonight :soexcited:
Congrats! Can I ask what time you email came? Didn't know if they all come at the same time or are staggered. Again, congrats!

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats! Can I ask what time you email came? Didn't know if they all come at the same time or are staggered. Again, congrats!
The time on the e-mail is 6:46pm. Not sure if that is Indiana time or Minnesota time. Thanks!

Reactions: 1 user
In state! got my acceptance email at 8pm today! wohoo!:soexcited:

Hmm i wonder if they are going to send out acceptances out for the whole day or just tonight

Just got the wait listed email. Good luck to everyone else. IS

Just got the wait listed email. Good luck to everyone else. IS
Mine said that my application would be reevaluated in February for the remaining in-state spots. Did others have this as well or actually say they were "wait-listed" (on a rolling basis)?

Mine said that my application would be reevaluated in February for the remaining in-state spots. Did others have this as well or actually say they were "wait-listed" (on a rolling basis)?
Mine said the same.

Members don't see this ad :)
Eeek!! So excited to meet the class of 2019! Congrats on all with an acceptance thus far! :) And fingers crossed for those still waiting to hear, there is still PLENTY of time!

Mine says that the decision was made to defer my application to the spring for reconsideration at the final selection meeting in late February, 2015. Does yours say exactly same as mine ? Then I believe this is the way for them to say " wait-listed"

Reactions: 2 users
I also received the deferral letter. Did anyone get "waitlisted"? I was digging through last year's thread and IU had 3 decisions: acceptance, waitlist and deferral.
I assume they don't send out rejections at this moment?

I also received the deferral letter. Did anyone get "waitlisted"? I was digging through last year's thread and IU had 3 decisions: acceptance, waitlist and deferral.
I assume they don't send out rejections at this moment?
Yeah, after the Dec. 1st high wore off I went back and read my email, no mention of a waitlist.

I'm in state and haven't received an interview or deferral email. Am I f-ed?

I'm in state and haven't received an interview or deferral email. Am I f-ed?
I think no news is good news at this point. Schools were quick to send out rejections Dec 1st. IU just sent me an email to make sure I update my app with any new info, other schools that I haven't interviewed at have also reminded me to do so. I think they're waiting to see if my app looks any better after this semester. Good luck.

Last edited:
Hey all, I was OOS last cycle and they did a lot of interviewing in Jan, even into Feb!
I interviewed in Jan, waitlisted end of Feb, accepted 2 weeks later!
I hope that gives some of you guys waiting to hear something back some hope!
Good luck to all :)

Reactions: 4 users
I think no news is good news at this point. Schools were quick to send out rejections Dec 1st. IU just sent me an email to make sure I update my app with any new info, other schools that I haven't interviewed at have also reminded me to do so. I think they're waiting to see if my app looks any better after this semester. Good luck.

I got that email from IU as well. My finals are next week so they won't get anything for another couple weeks (not sure how long it'll take for AADSAS to get my transcripts with Christmas break and everything). I'm guessing they're waiting for my fall grades as well and if everything goes as planned then I'll be adding a biochem A+ and another upper bio A.

I got an interview invite!!! My first interview and I am very excited!!

Hey guys! I got an email yesterday saying that I should send IU a new letter of rec and the other 2 (I had 2 academic and 1 dentist) I had should be resent on official letterhead. Did anyone get this email and not get invited for an interview? Is this a good sign or am I reading too much into it?

Hey guys! I got an email yesterday saying that I should send IU a new letter of rec and the other 2 (I had 2 academic and 1 dentist) I had should be resent on official letterhead. Did anyone get this email and not get invited for an interview? Is this a good sign or am I reading too much into it?
I got the exact same email. Have them resend letters. I got an invite after. It's a good sign, they could have just rejected you.

I got the exact same email. Have them resend letters. I got an invite after. It's a good sign, they could have just rejected you.

I received that e mail a while back too.. still waiting to hear back from them.

might be a silly question but I just sent in my deposit this week (woo!) and I was wondering if we should still send in the official portal academic update?? I have new grades to put in from this semester but I just don't want to have to pay to get my official transcript sent again if I don't need to (it's only like 15 bucks but why do it if its not necessary)

Interview invite, OOS. Had one here same time last year and never got off the waitlist...

Just got an interview, I am OOS. Trying to decide if it's worth going to... I've read in the past that there are less OOS seats and OOS usually gets wait listed. Other than that, for those of you that interviewed, what did you think of the school? How is their clinic, faculty, etc?

I see a lot of OOS interview invites. Is there still a chance for us that are in state to get an interview?

Just got an interview, I am OOS. Trying to decide if it's worth going to... I've read in the past that there are less OOS seats and OOS usually gets wait listed. Other than that, for those of you that interviewed, what did you think of the school? How is their clinic, faculty, etc?
when did you apply? jw

Are they still accepting OOS students?
i interviewed here a while back as an OOS and was wondering if anyone had any information as to whether they have already filled their OOS seats

only update i got from them was that my file was deferred to February for spring selections

Are they still accepting OOS students?
i interviewed here a while back as an OOS and was wondering if anyone had any information as to whether they have already filled their OOS seats

only update i got from them was that my file was deferred to February for spring selections
Somebody OOS just got an interview invite so I'm sure they're still accepting OOS applicants.

when did you apply? jw

well, I submitted the day the app opened, but they didn't receive my app on AADSAS until the first week of July.... However I retook my DAT in mid August so that slowed a lot of my apps down. Declined my seat here though, already accepted at another school.

I believe they will be reviewing more applications in February.

Just got an email that IU is not offering anymore interviews. Pretty disappointed since this is my state school...:grumpy:

Just got an email that IU is not offering anymore interviews. Pretty disappointed since this is my state school...:grumpy:
I also got that email, but my app was deferred until February, after my initial interview. Did anyone else with a deferred app get this email? I was told that the deferred apps would be looked over at the end of February.

I also got that email, but my app was deferred until February, after my initial interview. Did anyone else with a deferred app get this email? I was told that the deferred apps would be looked over at the end of February.
Same for me.

I'm confused if the class is full or if they are not offering any more interview dates? I can't tell if this is just a general email sent to everyone. My app was deferred (in state) after I interviewed and I also thought they were meeting again in late February to decide on the remaining applicants.

I'm confused if the class is full or if they are not offering any more interview dates? I can't tell if this is just a general email sent to everyone. My app was deferred (in state) after I interviewed and I also thought they were meeting again in late February to decide on the remaining applicants.
I think it's a general email. I emailed them last week and they responded by saying my app would be reviewed last week of February.

Status
Not open for further replies.