*** The Official LECOM Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahh! Good to know! I found out a couple days ago one of my titers came back negative and I have to get a bunch of booster vaccines over the next 6 months!! I submitted everything else today!
Yeah, i got my last booster over christmas break, as long as you have it before D2 when you start going to the clinic you're fine :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Do you know what endo system is used there? WaveOne? Protaper? bit of an out-there question just curious because im an endo geek
I have no idea :( we start endo in the late summer

Members don't see this ad :)
LECOM update: my LECOM portal just changed to "The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 30 days." But my AADSAS still hasn't changed, it says "none" how about anybody else, or anybody have any comments who has gotten accepted?

LECOM update: my LECOM portal just changed to "The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 30 days." But my AADSAS still hasn't changed, it says "none" how about anybody else, or anybody have any comments who has gotten accepted?

My portal and AADSAS said the same and then I received an email offering the alternate list position.

If anyone has any experience how do other osteopathic and allopathic programs view this postbacc program? Have past students been accepted to other schools based on the rigor curriculumand not having fall grades or did you have to apply after the postbacc?

Guys, the LECOM packet needs to be returned to the Office of Student Affairs. But it doesn't have an email on there. Where should I send it?

Guys, the LECOM packet needs to be returned to the Office of Student Affairs. But it doesn't have an email on there. Where should I send it?
You have to actually mail it. I sent it to the address on the the 2nd page of packet.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Interviewed on March 8th and received the Alternate email this morning. I have an acceptance already so I will be declining that position (reluctantly). This school and the surrounding area are beautiful. The faculty on my interview day were all extremely welcoming and personable too. I know that I'd have enjoyed my time here, however not knowing up until their early start date (late July I believe?) made me feel too uneasy. I really hope that this eventually leads to a position for somebody else! Best of luck everyone

Reactions: 1 users
Hi all! I checked my portal for the first time today about an hour ago and noticed that my LECOM status changed from "Received/Under Review" to "Invited for Interview", but I have yet to receive an e-mail or phone call regarding this. Is this normal for LECOM? I noticed this around 6 PM CST so maybe I'll get a follow-up e-mail or call tomorrow? Hoping that's the case and it's not a system error on their end :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi all! I checked my portal for the first time today about an hour ago and noticed that my LECOM status changed from "Received/Under Review" to "Invited for Interview", but I have yet to receive an e-mail or phone call regarding this. Is this normal for LECOM? I noticed this around 6 PM CST so maybe I'll get a follow-up e-mail or call tomorrow? Hoping that's the case and it's not a system error on their end :(
Ahhh figured it out, it had been so long since filling out the supplemental application that I had forgotten that they had their own portal. Looks like the only date offered for me is April 12th. Woo!

if you are on the waitlist, make sure you guys send in academic updates and what not to Shannon Philips and remind her that you are still interested in the school. You can also send her formal or informal notes saying that you are seriously interested in attending LECOM.

I know it sounds like a cliche and it could apply to all the schools, but I've heard numerous stories and experienced it firsthand that constant reminder leads to an acceptances. some schools flat out tell you that letter of intent really won't make a difference, but I think lecom begs to differ a little.

I've emailed several times while I was on the waitlist, and when they called me to get me off the waitlist (they asked me if I am still interested first, then accepted me), they told me that the emails I sent them helped them a lot because they have piles of waitlist student files and they would rather pick someone who's more likely to attend for sure, not dropping the seat last minute. So who would they pick? Students who had shown most interest by sending them updates, letter of intent, harrassing phone calls.

Every situation is unique, sure, but it doesn't hurt to put in some extra effort.
Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 4 users
if you are on the waitlist, make sure you guys send in academic updates and what not to Shannon Philips and remind her that you are still interested in the school. You can also send her formal or informal notes saying that you are seriously interested in attending LECOM.

I know it sounds like a cliche and it could apply to all the schools, but I've heard numerous stories and experienced it firsthand that constant reminder leads to an acceptances. some schools flat out tell you that letter of intent really won't make a difference, but I think lecom begs to differ a little.

I've emailed several times while I was on the waitlist, and when they called me to get me off the waitlist (they asked me if I am still interested first, then accepted me), they told me that the emails I sent them helped them a lot because they have piles of waitlist student files and they would rather pick someone who's more likely to attend for sure, not dropping the seat last minute. So who would they pick? Students who had shown most interest by sending them updates, letter of intent, harrassing phone calls.

Every situation is unique, sure, but it doesn't hurt to put in some extra effort.
Good luck everyone!
Agreed. I'm not entirely sure if it was due to my follow up, but I emailed Shannon two or three times after the interview and I was accepted off the waitlist.

So it definitely will not hurt to follow up with Shannon and show your continued interest in LECOM.

Hi! Any current students at LECOM going to be on campus April 11th? Please DM me if so! Would love to see some things before the interview!

Good luck everyone!
100% agree with you. I submitted my supplemental app in August but never heard anything back from them, so I emailed Shannon in Dec to ask them what the status of application was. She said it was still under review. I received an invite to interview the next week

Anyone start collecting teeth yet? Went to an oral surgeon today and they told me to bring in a jar, (and, that they have a lot of other students apparently doing the same thing). So apparently I'm supposed to keep them in a 1:10 Bleach/Water mixture and change it out every 2-3 weeks. That's fine, but will the teeth still be good to go by the start of 1st semester? I've been reading some things that claim that particular mixture will make the teeth brittle.

Hi guys, just need some help regarding the 10 panel urine drug test..

I'm an OOS and the locations they've given in the Certiphi website are all in Florida. And it says to call this number within one hour of completion (of the registration?) and I did but its a Sunday... Any other OOS successfully finish this part of the matriculation process?

You call for a location in your area. I believe its after the test itself that you call the number, I called the number and it was a survey not anything related to the test so I dont think its necessary. Im from TX btw
I'm from California and when I spoke to them they said there is no need to call within an hour of completion, but I still did and the system is all automated. I believe you just enter the specimen number.

I'm from California and when I spoke to them they said there is no need to call within an hour of completion, but I still did and the system is all automated. I believe you just enter the specimen number.

You call for a location in your area. I believe its after the test itself that you call the number, I called the number and it was a survey not anything related to the test so I dont think its necessary. Im from TX btw

Which number did you call to find a location nearby to do the drug test? After this is done, I'll have a specimen number and call the number on the website?

we wont even be using them at the first of the semester typically those teeth are used for anatomy and practice early on but you will need to collect more later while in school for your boards because no matter how you store them they will become too brittle to be ideal at that point

Wait a tick, then I shouldn't even be bothering now? I made the assumption I should start collecting teeth, because they sent the notice as part of the matriculation packet. "All incoming freshman should be collecting a minimum of 45 teeth".

Wait a tick, then I shouldn't even be bothering now? I made the assumption I should start collecting teeth, because they sent the notice as part of the matriculation packet. "All incoming freshman should be collecting a minimum of 45 teeth".

we'll be using them D1 for studying anatomy and possibly basic practice so yea you should be collecting them but you will need more later from what I hear

we wont even be using them at the first of the semester typically those teeth are used for anatomy and practice early on but you will need to collect more later while in school for your boards because no matter how you store them they will become too brittle to be ideal at that point

You will need them in the spring semester of D1 year for the restorative course, and then for crown and bridge, and endo, and RPD courses not in the specific order listed. Make sure you get good central incisors, canines, various premolars and molars. 3rd molars are useless, so you can throw them out if you want.

we'll be using them D1 for studying anatomy and possibly basic practice so yea you should be collecting them but you will need more later from what I hear

you won't use them to study anatomy. More than likely, you will be using kilgore dental models, not real teeth. If you use real teeth, there will be too much variation.

heard from admissions office people that they still have a few seats open, but not too many.
In addition to those, people are also giving up their spots when they get accepted to their choice of school.

Good luck to everyone, and keep updating them on your progress if you are doing anything.

At what point do we purchase our dental kit and get our scrubs? Should I be expecting another email or letter in the mail? I have sent in my matriculation packet but have not heard anything since.

At what point do we purchase our dental kit and get our scrubs? Should I be expecting another email or letter in the mail? I have sent in my matriculation packet but have not heard anything since.

cant imagine we'd get scrubs till we got there after getting sized perhaps. Most of us are in the dark waiting for stuff to happen :corny:

Ugh Good to know I'm not the only one!

yea as far as scrubs go, they run very differently than regular clothes. And they very a ton by brand. If they asked us for a size now I think at least 50% of the class would be disappointed with their size selection.

Ugh Good to know I'm not the only one!
I have a feeling the school's main focus right now is working on all of our finances.

Reactions: 2 users
I have a feeling the school's main focus right now is working on all of our finances.

True. Just getting anxious from not hearing from LECOM since I turned in my Matriculation packet.

True. Just getting anxious from not hearing from LECOM since I turned in my Matriculation packet.
Yeah, same here. I guess we will have to trust the process haha

Yeah I was nearly ready to contact them because my immunization status wasn't updated, no idea if they got my background checks or drug tests or transcripts. Just a while lot of silence.

Did anyone get emails saying they were missing information for financial aid?

Current D2: In regards to your scrubs, they will tell you soon, before school starts what specific color scrubs you are required to get. The school doesn't give you scrubs. You have to go purchase them and get them embroidered yourself.

At what point should we start the loan process? I've already did all the fafsa things they told me to do, what's next?

Also does anyone know if LECOM records their lectures? Do they do all live lectures? Powerpoints? Handouts? IS attendance always mandatory?

@DocT23 @toothdr2020

Also, for anyone still waiting for a spot. Currently there are 101 members in the fb group-6 moderators-5ish random people that are upperclassmen or came to promote stuff=somewhere around 10 more spots left assuming everyone who has accepted has joined the fb group.

Also, for anyone still waiting for a spot. Currently there are 101 members in the fb group-6 moderators-5ish random people that are upperclassmen or came to promote stuff=somewhere around 10 more spots left assuming everyone who has accepted has joined the fb group.
Isn’t your class size 105?

For everyone's peace of mind, this is part of the email I got back when I was asking about MPN.

So we need to complete the entrance counseling and fill out the MPN for both Direct and GradPlus loans? Then they'll talk monetary specifics in mid-June?

So we need to complete the entrance counseling and fill out the MPN for both Direct and GradPlus loans? Then they'll talk monetary specifics in mid-June?

not for grad plus yet heres the whole email

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-04-21 at 12.12.05 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-04-21 at 12.12.05 PM.png
    128 KB · Views: 75
The class size of the Class of 2020 was originally 101, but is now 99. The Class of 2021 was originally 105+1 from the Class of 2020 and is now 104

The class size of the Class of 2020 was originally 101, but is now 99. The Class of 2021 was originally 105+1 from the Class of 2020 and is now 104

Also, not all the people in the Facebook Group will end up attending LECOM, last year people were in and out of the group till a week before classes began.

Status
Not open for further replies.