*** The Official LECOM Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, you must interview before being accepted or rejected. But, you can be rejected without interview.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Crap. Then mine is definitely a rejection letter :/

Members don't see this ad.

Those of you getting unfavorable news keep your heads up and start working towards next cycle even if you are still waiting on other schools...I know the feeling of rejection and having to start the process over again. Don't wait till May to start making your application stand out more. The worst thing you could do is to reapply with having nothing in your application changed. I'm available to read personal statements as always.

Reactions: 1 user
Current D1 at LECOM! If anyone has any questions or just wants to know what it has been like so far don't be afraid to reply! :)

Follow up question, do you guys have your loupes already? Is LECOM contracted with any companies like DFV? I only ask because ive tried on DFV and q-optics and would much rather have a choice

Members don't see this ad :)
Follow up question, do you guys have your loupes already? Is LECOM contracted with any companies like DFV? I only ask because ive tried on DFV and q-optics and would much rather have a choice
We just had a loupes fair last Wednesday, you don't need them until you're practically a D2. And you can get whatever kind you like! :) DFV and q-optics were both at the fair along with 5-6 other brands.

Actually just got the background check email!

Actually just got the background check email!
You're in! Same thing happened with me. You'll get an official email soon. Congrats!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats! You gonna choose lecom or UK?

your username and picture has me feeling some type of way though haha

Thanks! Leaning towards LECOM.

Yeah I'm guessing it's the same feeling I had when I saw that star lol

Does anyone know to what extent digital dentistry is incorporated into the curriculum? Does LECOM stick to the traditional stuff or are they moving towards the more modern technology? I am blanking on what was said during the interview day.

Has anyone that was accepted earlier this week received their letter in the mail yet? :) I haven't gotten mine and just wanted to make sure it's not lost in the mail or anything

Does anyone know to what extent digital dentistry is incorporated into the curriculum? Does LECOM stick to the traditional stuff or are they moving towards the more modern technology? I am blanking on what was said during the interview day.
i don't think lecom currently has a cad/cam machine so they most likely stick to traditional stuff in terms of restorations. im not sure if they have digital radiography and cone beam tomagraphy or not.

Has anyone done financial aid stuff, urine drug test, and matriculation packet yet? I'm doing all that over spring break now

Has anyone done financial aid stuff, urine drug test, and matriculation packet yet? I'm doing all that over spring break now
I've done about 3/4 of it. Just have to do second PPD test and submit urine sample at a collection clinic. Waiting for the school to send me my financial aid award letter.

Get moving on the physical and testing because the 2 step PPD takes almost 2 weeks total.

i don't think lecom currently has a cad/cam machine so they most likely stick to traditional stuff in terms of restorations. im not sure if they have digital radiography and cone beam tomagraphy or not.

They should have digital radiography right? cbct and cad/cam is another discussion. Would love to see cbct in action though

I've done about 3/4 of it. Just have to do second PPD test and submit urine sample at a collection clinic. Waiting for the school to send me my financial aid award letter.

Get moving on the physical and testing because the 2 step PPD takes almost 2 weeks total.

What is PPD? And that is part of the matriculation packet?

What is PPD? And that is part of the matriculation packet?
It is a TB skin test and yes it is part of the packet. There are 2 injections and 2 readings. The injections need to be read 48 to 72 hours after injection. The 2 injections also have to be done at least 7 days apart. So at minimum it takes around 13 days for the test.

I interviewed at LECOM Erie last week, and as of today it shows my status as "The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your file. We will notify you in 30 days." Does that show up regardless if you were rejected, wait listed or accepted?

I interviewed at LECOM Erie last week, and as of today it shows my status as "The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your file. We will notify you in 30 days." Does that show up regardless if you were rejected, wait listed or accepted?
What is your AADSAS status?

They should have digital radiography right? cbct and cad/cam is another discussion. Would love to see cbct in action though
yeah i think they do have digital radiography

Hey guys, just wanted to let you know I'll be giving up my seat at LECOM probably the end of this week, maybe next week. I have been accepted at my top choice school (University of Florida) a little later than expected, just wanting to finish all the paperwork to secure my spot before I throw away that $2000 dollar matriculation fee.

I hope one of you who are waiting gets the spot and gets to go to dental school this fall!!
Any questions please ask and I'll try my best to answer.

Here's my info-->
Shadowing hours:
Private practice: 28 hours
Volunteer Clinic: 56 hours

Bachelor's Degree Major:
Biomedical Sciences

Stats:
GPA: 3.49 (result of one bad semester)
sGPA: 3.91
(Straight A's for last two years)

2nd DAT:
AA 23 TS 23
PAT 21 QR 21 RC 24
BIO 30 GC 23 OC 19

1st DAT:
AA 19 TS 20
PAT 20 QR 14 RC 22
BIO 19 GC 18 OC 24

Last edited:
Question to anybody who knows a thing about the immunization report we have to complete before matriculation:
So all of my lab results came out positive except my Hep B (although I had the vaccination done as a child), meaning I haven't built immunity to the antigen. The doctor says I have to get the 3 doses all over again. My concern is that I won't be able to get my third dose until middle of August- after school starts.
Will I be able to matriculate still? (I'll email admissions tomorrow to be sure but in case someone has the same experience I'd greatly appreciate it!)

Question to anybody who knows a thing about the immunization report we have to complete before matriculation:
So all of my lab results came out positive except my Hep B (although I had the vaccination done as a child), meaning I haven't built immunity to the antigen. The doctor says I have to get the 3 doses all over again. My concern is that I won't be able to get my third dose until middle of August- after school starts.
Will I be able to matriculate still? (I'll email admissions tomorrow to be sure but in case someone has the same experience I'd greatly appreciate it!)

I spoke to admissions 2 days ago because I had the same problem. Admissions said it is okay to submit whatever you have by the end of March and then keep updating them on the ongoing immunizations. They understand that with the immunization intervals, people are likely to go way beyond the deadline date which is 04/01/2018. I won't be done with all my immunizations by the end of April. Hope this helps.

Is it just the immunization records that are due on April 1? I just sent in my deposit so I haven’t gotten the large packet yet—just trying to get an idea of everything I’ll have to get done in two weeks!

We just had a loupes fair last Wednesday, you don't need them until you're practically a D2. And you can get whatever kind you like! :) DFV and q-optics were both at the fair along with 5-6 other brands.

is LECOM contracted with any companies other than Benco? sonicare?oral B? do they push any brands to you? Have you gotten any free stuff? lol

I spoke to admissions 2 days ago because I had the same problem. Admissions said it is okay to submit whatever you have by the end of March and then keep updating them on the ongoing immunizations. They understand that with the immunization intervals, people are likely to go way beyond the deadline date which is 04/01/2018. I won't be done with all my immunizations by the end of April. Hope this helps.
Thank you! That's good to know!

Is it just the immunization records that are due on April 1? I just sent in my deposit so I haven’t gotten the large packet yet—just trying to get an idea of everything I’ll have to get done in two weeks!
You're deadline will probably be later than April 1st. I just paid my deposit early March and my given deadline is May 1st. You should be given plenty of time to get everything in the packet completed (unless you run into issues with immunizations). But what you should get done by your deadline would be a physical exam, immunization report filled, alcohol and drug screening, and signing a bunch of papers.

You're deadline will probably be later than April 1st. I just paid my deposit early March and my given deadline is May 1st. You should be given plenty of time to get everything in the packet completed (unless you run into issues with immunizations). But what you should get done by your deadline would be a physical exam, immunization report filled, alcohol and drug screening, and signing a bunch of papers.
Thank you!! You’re right my deadline is May 1!

can anyone tell me if they are still interviewing people?. They been reviewing my application for about 4 months now. I tried to email but no reply. Definitely not going here because I never had an experience like this from any schools but I want them to at least give me a rejection letter considering I wasted 50 dollars applying here. anyone else in the same boat as me?

can anyone tell me if they are still interviewing people?. They been reviewing my application for about 4 months now. I tried to email but no reply. Definitely not going here because I never had an experience like this from any schools but I want them to at least give me a rejection letter considering I wasted 50 dollars applying here. anyone else in the same boat as me?

apparently they still are, had someone reach out to me the other day for advice on their april interview :nod:

Did you have an interview there?

Is anyone hearing anything from LECOM? It's silent on my end.

I think we were all in the same group and I haven't heard anything either.. Its 2 weeks as of today

is LECOM contracted with any companies other than Benco? sonicare?oral B? do they push any brands to you? Have you gotten any free stuff? lol
Hey! Sorry been a little busy as we just started operative! If you join ASDA that's where a bunch of companies will come and talk to us and have fairs and such. The ASDA Fair (around november/december) is packed with cool free stuff, and you also get an Oral B and a Sonicare electric toothbrush if you join ASDA. :)

As long as you get your deposit in and save your spot, the rest of the matriculation packet they aren't too strict about! I still have to get my vaccination titers in and I'm almost a D2..... oops :)

Reactions: 1 users
Question for everyone. My status for he med school application under the application portal still says that my application is under review. I submitted my application in November. I submitted applications for their post bacc and masters programs, and they’ve already made decisions. Any thoughts? Does anyone think that I should call the admissions office?

As long as you get your deposit in and save your spot, the rest of the matriculation packet they aren't too strict about! I still have to get my vaccination titers in and I'm almost a D2..... oops :)

Ahh! Good to know! I found out a couple days ago one of my titers came back negative and I have to get a bunch of booster vaccines over the next 6 months!! I submitted everything else today!

Question for everyone. My status for he med school application under the application portal still says that my application is under review. I submitted my application in November. I submitted applications for their post bacc and masters programs, and they’ve already made decisions. Any thoughts? Does anyone think that I should call the admissions office?
This is the dental school page! But yeah, call them if you have questions about your app - it couldn't hurt, and they're always so friendly on the phone! At least in my experience :)

This is the dental school page! But yeah, call them if you have questions about your app - it couldn't hurt, and they're always so friendly on the phone! At least in my experience :)
Oops!

Hey! Sorry been a little busy as we just started operative! If you join ASDA that's where a bunch of companies will come and talk to us and have fairs and such. The ASDA Fair (around november/december) is packed with cool free stuff, and you also get an Oral B and a Sonicare electric toothbrush if you join ASDA. :)

Do you know what endo system is used there? WaveOne? Protaper? bit of an out-there question just curious because im an endo geek

Status
Not open for further replies.