*** The Official LECOM Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

''
''The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 30 days.'' anybody else who got this notification but still hasn't received an update of adsaas or a letter???
If you haven't received a supplemental application or interview, then this most likely means a rejection.

Members don't see this ad.

If you haven't received a supplemental application or interview, then this most likely means a rejection.
I interviewed in February and got that notification a couple of weeks ago. I know some people said that their adsaas portal changed to denied but mine is still says none and i haven't received any letters or anything

I interviewed in February and got that notification a couple of weeks ago. I know some people said that their adsaas portal changed to denied but mine is still says none and i haven't received any letters or anything

Check your spam folder to see if you got an acceptance or wait list email? Otherwise, keep checking your physical mail for a letter.

Members don't see this ad :)

Mine changed a couple of weeks ago and still says none. Haven't received any letters either

Don't you receive a supplemental application automatically almost right after you submitted the application? Because most of schools I applied including LECOM consider the application is completed in order to process application review by the committee.

I applied back in August and my status still Under Review with "Your application has been processed and will be sent to the Admissions Committee for further review. You will be notified as soon as a decision has been made”. I also sent an email on December for status check, and they said it is still under review. I have not heard anything since then. This waiting game kills me for sure though lol

Don't you receive a supplemental application automatically almost right after you submitted the application? Because most of schools I applied including LECOM consider the application is completed in order to process application review by the committee.

I applied back in August and my status still Under Review with "Your application has been processed and will be sent to the Admissions Committee for further review. You will be notified as soon as a decision has been made”. I also sent an email on December for status check, and they said it is still under review. I have not heard anything since then. This waiting game kills me for sure though lol
I'm not sure if LECOM automatically sends a supplemental application to everyone but it's possible. During the interview they show the stats from previous cycles' applicants which can also be found on the first post of page 13 on this thread. As you can see, ~3300+ people apply to LECOM every cycle and they generally only hold ~550 interviews for 105 seats.

As I've alluded to before with other applicants, at this point in the cycle, if you haven't interviewed by now then unfortunately your chances are probably not looking good for this cycle. While I don't know your specific stats, I would strongly suggest finding ways to improve your application in case you do need to apply again next cycle. I know retaking the DAT, shadowing, and volunteering are kinda out of the question right now due to COVID-19 but reapplying with the same application as last cycle is probably not a good idea.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm not sure if LECOM automatically sends a supplemental application to everyone but it's possible. During the interview they show the stats from previous cycles' applicants which can also be found on the first post of page 13 on this thread. As you can see, ~3300+ people apply to LECOM every cycle and they generally only hold ~550 interviews for 105 seats.

As I've alluded to before with other applicants, at this point in the cycle, if you haven't interviewed by now then unfortunately your chances are probably not looking good for this cycle. While I don't know your specific stats, I would strongly suggest finding ways to improve your application in case you do need to apply again next cycle. I know retaking the DAT, shadowing, and volunteering are kinda out of the question right now due to COVID-19 but reapplying with the same application as last cycle is probably not a good idea.
Pearl looked into this awhile ago and posted this for those curious about supplementals:

I have heard back. She stated that the supplemental is accessible for anyone with >2.7 GPA and >16 DAT. That is of course if there are no glaring red flags on the app. Also, sometimes the supplemental information gets sent to the Junk folder and there is not much that can be done about that. She says they try to put the word out to double check the Junk/Spam folders, but it still slips by a surprisingly high # of people. Hope that helps.

Reactions: 1 users
Hi everyone! I was wondering if anyone has gotten any news recently? I interviewed March 12, and my status still says under review.

Hey everyone! I interviewed on april 14th and I got my letter today saying “Your application for admission to the LECOM School of Pharmacy Distance Education Pathway Class of 2022 has been considered by the Admissions Committee. On behalf of the Committee, I wish to inform you that you have been selected as an alternate for the Class of 2024.” Has anyone else’s had two different years on it?

Hey everyone! I interviewed on april 14th and I got my letter today saying “Your application for admission to the LECOM School of Pharmacy Distance Education Pathway Class of 2022 has been considered by the Admissions Committee. On behalf of the Committee, I wish to inform you that you have been selected as an alternate for the Class of 2024.” Has anyone else’s had two different years on it?

This is the dental school's thread so you won't get much response from here. The pharmacy program is either a 3-year accelerated program or 4-year program (distance education or in-person) so it should be Class of 2024.

This is the dental school's thread so you won't get much response from here. The pharmacy program is either a 3-year accelerated program or 4-year program (distance education or in-person) so it should be Class of 2024.
Sorry about that, I didn’t realize it was the dental school thread. But that’s what I thought.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you are still on the waitlist/alternate list, do not get discouraged. I am currently a LECOM student and I can tell you first hand that I know many students that got accepted from this list, including myself. I know many students that were accepted in June as well, so there is always hope. Easily over half of the current class was on this list before. It can be discouraging, especially as time goes on, trust me I know, I was where you guys are now. Never lose hope.

Reactions: 4 users
If you are still on the waitlist/alternate list, do not get discouraged. I am currently a LECOM student and I can tell you first hand that I know many students that got accepted from this list, including myself. I know many students that were accepted in June as well, so there is always hope. Easily over half of the current class was on this list before. It can be discouraging, especially as time goes on, trust me I know, I was where you guys are now. Never lose hope.
Can anybody confirm with me if LECOM dental and medical schools are going to be online for the first fall semester this year due to covid? They're expecting a second wave of COVID in the fall. The dean of pharmacy at LECOM formally announced yesterday that the Bradenton pathway will be online. Please let me know, thanks.

Last edited:
Can anybody confirm with me if LECOM dental and medical schools are going to be online for the first fall semester this year due to covid? They're expecting a second wave of COVID in the fall. The dean of pharmacy at LECOM formally announced yesterday that all pharm pathways will be online. Please let me know, thanks.

None of us incoming dental students have heard a word from LECOM about anything.

Can anybody confirm with me if LECOM dental and medical schools are going to be online for the first fall semester this year due to covid? They're expecting a second wave of COVID in the fall. The dean of pharmacy at LECOM formally announced yesterday that all pharm pathways will be online. Please let me know, thanks.
None of us incoming dental students have heard a word from LECOM about anything.

Current students haven't even heard anything either. They're probably waiting it out to see if social distancing worked enough for us to return at the end of May. As a soon-to-be D3s/D4s, we're affected the most because we're supposed to be in clinic for 90% of the day.

Since you don't start till mid-July, they have more time to wait it out before they have to decide what to do. The first semester of D1 year, you're spending most of your time in lecture with some time for dental anatomy in the sim lab. If you have to be online, it won't be that big of a deal.

Last edited:
Has anyone who participated in the virtual interviews heard anything back at all?

It's been a month already since my status changed on my lecom portal to ''The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 30 days'' but i still haven't received any letter or heard anything (and yes i did check in my junk mail). My aadsas portal still says none...does anybody know who I can contact to ask about my status?

It's been a month already since my status changed on my lecom portal to ''The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 30 days'' but i still haven't received any letter or heard anything (and yes i did check in my junk mail). My aadsas portal still says none...does anybody know who I can contact to ask about my status?
Check your physical mail. With COVID-19, things may be a little bit slower whether it's due to the Admissions Committee or USPS.

Same here . I emailed them a few days ago . No response . It’s been over 2 months since my interview . I assumed it’s a rejection

Same here . I emailed them a few days ago . No response . It’s been over 2 months since my interview . I assumed it’s a rejection
same here! but one person who went to the same interview as me got his status changed to a rejection on the aadsas portal, but mine didn't so i don't really know what to think

did anyone do a self recorded video as their virtual interview?

Anyone know if they’re still doing interviews? My application status still says “Your application has been processed and will be sent to the Admissions Committee for futher review. Your will be notified as soon as a decision has been made.”

I don’t really know what to think. I feel like I most likely will be rejected since I haven’t been invited to interview yet, but why else would they still be holding onto my application if I still haven’t received an invite to interview. Shouldn’t they have just rejected me by now?

I sent a letter of interest about 2 months ago, would it be worth it to send another?

Anyone know if they’re still doing interviews? My application status still says “Your application has been processed and will be sent to the Admissions Committee for futher review. Your will be notified as soon as a decision has been made.”

I don’t really know what to think. I feel like I most likely will be rejected since I haven’t been invited to interview yet, but why else would they still be holding onto my application if I still haven’t received an invite to interview. Shouldn’t they have just rejected me by now?

I sent a letter of interest about 2 months ago, would it be worth it to send another?
I'm in the exact same boat. I am kind of assuming at this point in the cycle it will be a rejection they just haven't gotten around to it yet. :(

Hi everyone! I"m a 2015 LECOM SOP grad but posting here because I have a 4 bedroom 2 bathroom house for rent just steps from campus.

If you're interested full post here: Renting - LECOM Erie; House for Rent

Best of luck to everyone!

-Ashley Ramp

LECOM dental students won’t go to Erie til their 4th year if they choose. The main campus is in Bradenton, FL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anyone gotten any movement since the virtual interviews?

I interviewed on April 9th and today my status changed to “Decision have been made, we will notify you in 30 days” most people say that it means a rejection but I don’t know if that necessarily means a rejection.

When I went to my interview back in February, a faculty told us that after our interview it will take them 2-3 weeks to reply to us. The reply will either be 1. You're accepted or 2. You're waitlisted. If you don't get a reply within those 2-3 weeks then I usually imply that you're rejected or they're still thinking about putting you on the waitlist. However, with everything that is going on right now they could also be moving at a slower pace.

I interviewed on April 9th and today my status changed to “Decision have been made, we will notify you in 30 days” most people say that it means a rejection but I don’t know if that necessarily means a rejection.
what does your AADSAS say?

mine says that too! i also interviewed April 9

Me too, same generic email sent to everyone.

Mine does too. I have heard some people say theirs changed to waitlisted or rejected so I guess we just have to wait and see.
Yeah exactly
I have seen some comments from students from previous years and this status doesn’t necessarily mean a rejection.

Me too. Did your email say that they looked at you favoravly and to apply earlier
Yup, I applied mid-October lol. Thankfully got accepted at my in-state school though

Received an alternate offer through email!

Also received an offer for the alternate list today

In previous years, there has been a decent amount of movement from the alternate list during May and June. My class even had someone get the acceptance call during the first week of class.
That's reassuring :) My only concern is housing, though! If I am notified very late in the game, I'm scared I'll be homeless for a few weeks :( I just sent a letter of intent, though, so hopefully that helps!

That's reassuring :) My only concern is housing, though! If I am notified very late in the game, I'm scared I'll be homeless for a few weeks :( I just sent a letter of intent, though, so hopefully that helps!

The housing market is absolute trash right now and I know the apartment complexes within a mile of school are having difficulties filling vacancies. Some are even offering the first month of free. If you are notified super late, there are some current students looking for roommates since the masters and pharmacy programs were moved to online. Additionally, it is doable to live by yourself for the first year.