You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
*** The Official LECOM Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***
Started by Stanelz
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I had my interview on 3/12 and received an acceptance email today, 3/24.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I don't think there's a set date every year but rather they will conduct interviews until the class is full. If the class becomes full and there's still people waiting to be interviewed, they have cancelled the interviews in the past.Anyone know when is the last day they offer interview?
2020dental
New Member
Do you think the class is full ? I check the fb page and they have ~114 members already . There are a few of us who interviewed in February and haven’t heard anything yet :/
You can't use the Facebook group's membership count as predictor of how full the class is. The group consists of future D1s and current dental students plus not everyone has a Facebook or has joined the group.Do you think the class is full ? I check the fb page and they have ~114 members already . There are a few of us who interviewed in February and haven’t heard anything yet :/
Me, I had the March 5th interview and they sent me the email last Thursday.Has anyone received a waitlist from the March interviews?
Anyone get an invite recently saying it will be held over zoom?
Due to coronavirus, all in person interviews have been suspended and will only be conducted online via Zoom for the remainder of this application cycle.Anyone get an invite recently saying it will be held over zoom?
Just got an update on my application status that says “Your application has been processed and will be sent to the Admissions Committee for futher review. Your will be notified as soon as a decision has been made.”
I still haven’t had an interview yet, is this a good or bad sign?
I still haven’t had an interview yet, is this a good or bad sign?
It’s not really good or bad it just means the committee now has your application for review. You may hear something back or you may not depending on when they stop interviews.Just got an update on my application status that says “Your application has been processed and will be sent to the Admissions Committee for futher review. Your will be notified as soon as a decision has been made.”
I still haven’t had an interview yet, is this a good or bad sign?
Mine has been that status since October...No interview or nothing from school yet 🙁Just got an update on my application status that says “Your application has been processed and will be sent to the Admissions Committee for futher review. Your will be notified as soon as a decision has been made.”
I still haven’t had an interview yet, is this a good or bad sign?
This will definitely differ by person but i got the application process notification in November and then invited to interview in February.Just got an update on my application status that says “Your application has been processed and will be sent to the Admissions Committee for futher review. Your will be notified as soon as a decision has been made.”
I still haven’t had an interview yet, is this a good or bad sign?
DMDwannabeee
New Member
Hey everyone! I interviewed in November and got waitlisted in February. Has anyone heard back from similar dates as me? t’s really been a while.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ghostteeth
New Member
My status changed to a decision has been made and you will be notified within 30 days. I'm assuming it's a rejection. Did anyone else's status change to this? For reference, I interviewed February 20th.
My status changed to a decision has been made and you will be notified within 30 days. I'm assuming it's a rejection. Did anyone else's status change to this? For reference, I interviewed February 20th.
I interviewed March 12th and I saw my status change to that today. Also assuming it's a rejection since no email
2020dental
New Member
I got that too. Interview feb 20My status changed to a decision has been made and you will be notified within 30 days. I'm assuming it's a rejection. Did anyone else's status change to this? For reference, I interviewed February 20th.
If you don’t mind me asking, what were your stats? (GPA/DAT score) just for reference because I applied pretty late and still haven’t been invited to interview. Still trying to stay positive!My status changed to a decision has been made and you will be notified within 30 days. I'm assuming it's a rejection. Did anyone else's status change to this? For reference, I interviewed February 20th.
Did they notify you of status change through email, aadsas, or lecom portal?I got that too. Interview feb 20
2020dental
New Member
I checked my lecom portalDid they notify you of status change through email, aadsas, or lecom portal?
Ddshopeful_lol
Full Member
I got that too and same interview date.My status changed to a decision has been made and you will be notified within 30 days. I'm assuming it's a rejection. Did anyone else's status change to this? For reference, I interviewed February 20th.
Ddshopeful_lol
Full Member
Can somebody/anybody clarify what this means from past experience?I got that too and same interview date.
“Your application has been processed and will be sent to the Admissions Committee for futher review. Your will be notified as soon as a decision has been made.”
I still haven’t had any movement yet, and have had this since August ... Iol
I still haven’t had any movement yet, and have had this since August ... Iol
“Your application has been processed and will be sent to the Admissions Committee for futher review. Your will be notified as soon as a decision has been made.”
I still haven’t had any movement yet, and have had this since August ... Iol
Did you already fill out the supplemental application and interview?
Yes I filled out the supplemental, and I never got an interview invite.Did you already fill out the supplemental application and interview?
Yes I filled out the supplemental, and I never got an interview invite.
At this point in the cycle, it cannot hurt your chances to send an email with an academic update. It's been almost 7 months, so you should at least check in with Admissions to see if your app got lost or if its missing something.
Same. I have sent 3 updates too.Yes I filled out the supplemental, and I never got an interview invite.
Same. I have sent 3 updates too.
Then unfortunately for this cycle, all you can do at this point is just wait it out. You may want to start thinking of ways to improve your application for the next cycle you plan to apply for. That may mean retaking the DAT (when testing centers reopen) or doing a post-bacc/master's to raise your GPA.
If Still not interview now, it that mean an rejection??
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If Still not interview now, it that mean an rejection??
Generally speaking LECOM-SDM interviews run until mid-spring which is within the next few weeks. So if you haven't received an interview invite by now or within the week or so, then it probably means a rejection.
In the mean time, strengthen your application in case you have to reapply next cycle. I would strongly suggest NOT reapplying if your application hasn't changed from this cycle. If your application did not work the first time, then without making any positive changes, you'd simply be wasting your time and money.
Hey Guys, I got an interview invitation. For those who had that experience would you please tell me how was it? also are the seats almost full, I kinda worried becauce I got the invitation that late.
If you received an interview request, then that means the class is not full.
When did you get the invitation? Can I ask what your stats are?Hey Guys, I got an interview invitation. For those who had that experience would you please tell me how was it? also are the seats almost full, I kinda worried becauce I got the invitation that late.
I recieved it on March 26.When did you get the invitation? Can I ask what your stats are?
Overall GPA: 3.2, sGPA: 3.2
AA:19/ TS:19/ PA:20/ RC:20
My status changed to a decision has been made and you will be notified within 30 days. I'm assuming it's a rejection. Did anyone else's status change to this? For reference, I interviewed February 20th.
yep its a rejection, my aadsas changed to denied lmaoooooo....
Ddshopeful_lol
Full Member
When did yours change to denied?yep its a rejection, my aadsas changed to denied lmaoooooo....
franfrenchfry
Full Member
mine hasn't changed, it still says none and I got the same update
yesterday. hadnt changed since my interview 2/6When did yours change to denied?
Can I ask what your stats were? DAT/GPA score?yep its a rejection, my aadsas changed to denied lmaoooooo....
dentstudent25
New Member
Does anyone know id the class is full yet? Or if they are still doing interviews? Trying to find information on the websites about what they are doing since the virus is terrible and then trying to contact someone is even harder..
I just had my interview this morning via Zoom!Does anyone know id the class is full yet? Or if they are still doing interviews? Trying to find information on the websites about what they are doing since the virus is terrible and then trying to contact someone is even harder..
Hi! I'm not sure if you have already interviewed by now, but it was a 20 min interview with two faculty members. Compared to my other interviews, LECOM's was definitely the least nerve-wracking.Hey Guys, I got an interview invitation. For those who had that experience would you please tell me how was it? also are the seats almost full, I kinda worried becauce I got the invitation that late.
Are they still inviting people to interview? My status hasn't changed since I applied.
I just had my interview this morning via Zoom!
I'm not sure if they are still inviting people to interview at this point, but seeing as they interviewed someone this morning, it means the class is NOT full yet.Are they still inviting people to interview? My status hasn't changed since I applied.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
yes I interviewed on thursday too.Hi! I'm not sure if you have already interviewed by now, but it was a 20 min interview with two faculty members. Compared to my other interviews, LECOM's was definitely the least nerve-wracking.
Mine has not changed since I applied....still hopeful for an interview.
franfrenchfry
Full Member
''
| ''The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 30 days.'' anybody else who got this notification but still hasn't received an update of adsaas or a letter??? |
If you haven't received a supplemental application or interview, then this most likely means a rejection.''
''The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 30 days.'' anybody else who got this notification but still hasn't received an update of adsaas or a letter???
Similar threads
- Replies
- 27
- Views
- 9K
- Replies
- 65
- Views
- 20K