**** The Official Loma Linda University (LLU) Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread ****

sobertiger

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello. I'm a D2 at LLUSD.

Just got done with D1 year last week, and noticed there wasn't one for this cycle yet.

Feel free to ask any questions you might have.

Best of luck to you all!

Link to interview prep: Loma Linda University School of Dentistry Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants! :)

Last year's thread: *** The Official Loma Linda U School of Dentistry Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

*edited by staff to include links to interview feedback & last year's thread

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 users
Hello. I'm a D2 at LLUSD.

Just got done with D1 year last week, and noticed there wasn't one for this cycle yet.

Feel free to ask any questions you might have.

Best of luck to you all!

Link to interview prep: Loma Linda University School of Dentistry Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants! :)

Last year's thread: *** The Official Loma Linda U School of Dentistry Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

*edited by staff to include links to interview feedback & last year's thread
hello I was wondering how did you explain your answer about this question, tell me what they like to hear. thanks . :D
"Discuss your use, past and present, of alcohol, tobacco and drugs"

hello I was wondering how did you explain your answer about this question, tell me what they like to hear. thanks . :D
"Discuss your use, past and present, of alcohol, tobacco and drugs"
I was honest about my past use but told them I stopped. As long as you're not doing it now it's fine.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just submitted my application today. Will they send me an email about the secondary fee? (I could not find the website to pay online).

I just submitted my application today. Will they send me an email about the secondary fee? (I could not find the website to pay online).

They will send you a supplementary soon. I completed my last week. It took me quite some time, so be ready! :D

Reactions: 1 user
They will send you a supplementary soon. I completed my last week. It took me quite some time, so be ready! :D
Do you mind telling me what is in the supplementary application? Are there many essay questions?

Do you mind telling me what is in the supplementary application? Are there many essay questions?

From what I remember there are around 4-5 supplemental questions and they give you something like 4000 characters to answer the questions

It's fairly lengthy. There are 4-5 essay questions as mentioned above with 4,000 character limits to answer. The last part is an essay upload, but only 150 character limit for that one I believe. My response could have probably fit in a tweet (I don't have a twitter, so I'm unsure).

Do you know when they are going to start sending out interview invitation?

Do you know when they are going to start sending out interview invitation?

Ahhh!!! I'm so excited at the opportunity I had to apply! Hoping for good news someday! xD

Hi everyone,
I applied this cycle and will be taking my DAT next month. I got the request for the secondary application. Doe any one know if Loma is actually good with sending interviews after the secondary application or if the secondary is automatically generated to take my money rather than actually interested in me as a candidate.

Hi everyone,
I applied this cycle and will be taking my DAT next month. I got the request for the secondary application. Doe any one know if Loma is actually good with sending interviews after the secondary application or if the secondary is automatically generated to take my money rather than actually interested in me as a candidate.
Most schools automatically generate a secondary email request. They send about 200 interviews from 1.5-2k applicants. Your chances are better if you're in-state. You won't receive an interview invite until your application is complete which includes paying the secondary fee.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone,

The secondary application is automatically generated and you have one month from the invite date to complete and submit the secondary. Like many schools, your answers on the secondary will determine whether or not you will be invited for an interview. If you do not submit, your chances of receiving an interview is 0%. There are schools who don't require a secondary application and only ask for a secondary fee. If i recall correctly, the only school that does not require a secondary app or fee is Tennessee health.

That being said, Loma Linda does have the highest secondary fee. If the school's mission and curriculum aligns with your values and goals, I highly encourage you to complete the secondary. If you are rejected, they are one of the few schools to give you an opportunity to appeal or to seek on campus application counseling/advice.

LLU does not review your application until everything is submitted so once you take the DAT, be sure to contact the school to update them of your score.

After I submitted my application on 8/13, I received the automated message on 8/18 that says they received the letters of recommendation, etc., and today 9/10 I received a letter confirming they received letters, shadowing hours, etc. and application is under review and they said it can take up to 6 weeks before making a decision.

Did anyone receive this letter 6 weeks ago? Haha I’m hoping the first round of interviews will be sent out soon!!

After I submitted my application on 8/13, I received the automated message on 8/18 that says they received the letters of recommendation, etc., and today 9/10 I received a letter confirming they received letters, shadowing hours, etc. and application is under review and they said it can take up to 6 weeks before making a decision.

Did anyone receive this letter 6 weeks ago? Haha I’m hoping the first round of interviews will be sent out soon!!

I got the 'may take up to 6 weeks' on Aug 5th, so yeah, almost 6 weeks ago! I don't think there is anything to read into though. Nobody has cracked the code of dental admissions. Just be patient and don't compare yourselves to others. It'll help keep you sane.

I got the 'may take up to 6 weeks' on Aug 5th, so yeah, almost 6 weeks ago! I don't think there is anything to read into though. Nobody has cracked the code of dental admissions. Just be patient and don't compare yourselves to others. It'll help keep you sane.

I got that email on July 8th, and I still haven't heard anything either :) Patience is a virtue..

Anyone have any advise on the supplementary questions? I received them a few days ago but I've been procrastinating on them...

Last edited:
Hi everyone,
Based on their questions, I think Loma Linda truly wants to know who their applicants are in terms of their religious beliefs. Other schools with supplementary application fees, imo, just want to take your money since all of their questions are literally the same thing as the AADSAS application.

However, LLU application fee is ridiculously high. $150!!!?? are you kidding me? For a school that is not reputable as the other California schools, this is a complete rip off.

Last edited:
Anyone have any advise on the supplementary questions? I received them a few days ago but I've been procrastinating on them...
Just be clear but also concise. They just want to know if you are religious, and if your religion (if not SDA) aligns well with their mission and their curriculum etc. I'm not SDA but was accepted and really loved the school.
However, LLU application fee is ridiculously high. $150!!!?? are you kidding me? For a school that is not reputable as the other California schools, this is a complete rip off.
It's the most expensive but I wouldn't say it isn't as reputable - it's maybe not as globally well known as the UCs, but imo professionals from LLU are very highly respected in Socal.

just got rejected

I'm so sorry! I know of others who got rejected a couple of weeks ago as well. LLU seems to really be looking for a specific type of applicant so I wouldn't sweat it too much!

I'm so sorry! I know of others who got rejected a couple of weeks ago as well. LLU seems to really be looking for a specific type of applicant so I wouldn't sweat it too much!
Oh really?! Wow I thought they’ve been ghosting everyone up until now...

Regarding the rejections from previous weeks do you think it has to do with gpa/dat or not being SDA?

Oh really?! Wow I thought they’ve been ghosting everyone up until now...

Regarding the rejections from previous weeks do you think it has to do with gpa/dat or not being SDA?

Well I think its cuz im not SDA. My stats are all above their average.

People who haven’t heard back yet and aren’t SDA, don’t overthink these things. I got emailed an interview invite like 3 weeks ago and I’m not SDA. With a lot of these schools it’s holistic and just hit or miss. Some people may love your personal statements and some may not.

People who haven’t heard back yet and aren’t SDA, don’t overthink these things. I got emailed an interview invite like 3 weeks ago and I’m not SDA. With a lot of these schools it’s holistic and just hit or miss. Some people may love your personal statements and some may not.

WAIT you already got an interview?!?! :O
Can you please let us know your stats? when you submitted and when you received the interview and what was your interview date????

@artist2022 (I think you might be able to add LLU's first interview date :O )

Received application complete email in early July and got email for interview invite the first week of September. I don’t completely remember the interview dates they offered but I know there were some around September 25-27 and the first week of October for sure.
You could PM me for my stats if you wanna know them!

• Haha
Received application complete email in early July and got email for interview invite the first week of September. I don’t completely remember the interview dates they offered but I know there were some around September 25-27 and the first week of October for sure.
You could PM me for my stats if you wanna know them!
Congrats!! And is your username taken from LA coffee shop?!

I got rejected last week. When I asked them why, they legitimately told me because they have met their quota for persons with the same religious affiliation as me. Kinda bummed because Loma Linda was my top choice.

I got rejected last week. When I asked them why, they legitimately told me because they have met their quota for persons with the same religious affiliation as me. Kinda bummed because Loma Linda was my top choice.
I'm sorry to hear that :/ so they really did reach out to you by the 6th week..
that's scary to think that they actually made a decision so fast..

Has anyone gotten an email asking to call and make an appointment to talk to an admissions representative? It’s for a consult, and I’m a bit nervous on what that means? Is it good? Bad?

Last edited:

Would you mind sharing what your religious affiliation is?

Hi! For those of you who have gotten an interview, what was your aadsas status?

Interview #9
School: Loma Linda
Notification date: 10/7/19
Method of notification: Email then call to book (haven't called yet)
Residency: Texas
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/11
Application complete date: 6/14
GPA (science, overall): 3.7, 3.9
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/20/20/24/none

Reactions: 1 users
Hey guys! Just heard back yesterday and i got an interview. Super excited, but does anyone know if the interview is laid back or more formal. Kinda freaking out. Anything helps!

Received an interview invite from this school last week! Super excited since I really didn't think I would get an interview from here. if anyone whose already interviewed has any tips, it would be greatly appreciated!!

Received an interview invite from this school last week! Super excited since I really didn't think I would get an interview from here. if anyone whose already interviewed has any tips, it would be greatly appreciated!!
Just be yourself, its a very relaxing interview. Its also a blind interview, meaning the interviewer doesn't know your stats or anything about you.

Just be yourself, its a very relaxing interview. Its also a blind interview, meaning the interviewer doesn't know your stats or anything about you.
Thanks for the response! How long did the entire interview day last for you? Trying to figure out my travel plans

Thanks for the response! How long did the entire interview day last for you? Trying to figure out my travel plans
No problem! My interview was at 11 am and i was back at my Airbnb 12:15. It isn't a long interview. When you get there they ask you to write a short essay then you go for the actual interview which was at most 30 min. The you a brief tour of the facility.