-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
**** The Official MUSC 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread ****
Started by AngleClass3
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
DT514
New Member
Dr. Javed called me this morning to ask if I’d accept an OOS seat, but I’m already committed to a different school, so I’m guessing there’s still a chance!Anyone know if they are pretty much done with OOS ? or any updates of any kind ! Really appreciate it ! Thanks...….
CongratulationsDr. Javed called me this morning to ask if I’d accept an OOS seat, but I’m already committed to a different school, so I’m guessing there’s still a chance!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got a UPS notification saying I have a package coming from MUSC is that a good sign??
My status changed on AADSAS, I did not receive a letter.Thanks for the update. Maybe if we don’t get the reject letter we still have a chance. Are they sending by regular mail ?
Yes, UPS is a good sign!I got a UPS notification saying I have a package coming from MUSC is that a good sign??
Are you IS or OOSI got a UPS notification saying I have a package coming from MUSC is that a good sign??
Thank youu and I’m OOS and interviewed October 11th
DreamingDentist123
New Member
My status changed too, no letter yet 🙁My status changed on AADSAS, I did not receive a letter.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
reillykelley
New Member
Per Lauren Chapman all decisions have been sent out.
RJarvis26
New Member
Got a letter in the mail today. It initially looked like a rejection letter but had a note at the bottom saying I was put on the "alternate" list. I am OOS interviewed December 13th. Fingers crossed!Anyone get waitlisted ?
I was placed on the alternate list as well last year! I decided to write a letter of intent and I guess it worked out for me in the end since they sent me an acceptance letter a week after! Also our last classmate to get accepted was on the 1st day of classes, so anything can change from now until the 1st day of classes, keep your fingers crossed and hope
It will move, it’s still early!
If you don't mind could you share your stats?Got my UPS notification today!!! I was on the waitlist for OOS. Sent in a letter of intent to both Lauren Chapman and Dr. Javed. Got a call from Dr. Javed and we talked for like 10 min and said we would be in touch. An hour later got the notification. There is hope y'all!!
RJarvis26
New Member
PAT: 20 AA: 19 GPA: 3.6 for bothIf you don't mind could you share your stats?
Hi Just Lurking
Full Member
Congrats to all those who have heard back! Unfortunately, I am not in that particular boat and am quite worried about the process. I will list my stats below and would love if anyone is able to shine some light on my status and what I might be able to expect. If you have any other questions about how my application may look please do not hesitate to ask, I'm happy to provide any information as long as it is relevant!
DAT:
AA-22
PAT-20
Bio-23
G-Chem-20
O-Chem-25
QR-19
RC-24
GPA:
sGPA= 3.71
cGPA= 3.6
I am an in-state applicant who is majoring in Biology and minoring in Chemistry and Business. Currently, my application (including supplamental) have been submitted and my ADEA AADSAS app. has been verified. Although I have everything submitted, I did take the DAT on 07/28/20 and have yet to have my scores verified, thus slowing the process even more 🙁 . I have contacted admissions multiple times and don't want to be pushy (obviously!) but would like to send my unofficial scores to them to see if they can start reviewing my application so that I have a greater chance of attaining an interview opportunity! I would love to hear some individuals' thoughts about this matter (of sending unofficial scores to MUSC to expedite the verification process until my DAT scores are verified) as I have sent my unofficial scores to other schools and they are already reviewing my application. Likewise, I would greatly appreciate if anyone can shed some light on the timeline a bit more, considering the abnormal circumstances, as well as how I might go about improving myself as an applicant at this point / increasing my chances of having my application being reviewed sooner rather than later!
I apologize for the extraneous length but greatly appreciate input! Thanks!! 🙂
This is the 2024 class...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi! Congrats!! I can't imagine that MUSC would change the vibe of their interviews just because it's virtual so with that being said, just be yourself!! MUSC is known for having very laid back interviews. I'd recommend really solidifying your answers for important questions that will most likely be asked like: "Why do you want to be a dentist?", "Why do you want to attend MUSC?", "Where do you see yourself in x amount of years?" and "What will you do if you don't get in this cycle?" There is a chance you may get an off the wall question but this is only to test how you react, questions such as what color would you be and why, or what musical instrument, that kind of stuff. If you have any other questions, feel free to reach out to me! Again, congrats and best of luck this cycle!!Would anyone be willing to share insight about what is asked during the interview? I just received an interview for the 2025 cycle and would greatly appreciate any help!
pampud
Full Member
Hi! Congrats!! I can't imagine that MUSC would change the vibe of their interviews just because it's virtual so with that being said, just be yourself!! MUSC is known for having very laid back interviews. I'd recommend really solidifying your answers for important questions that will most likely be asked like: "Why do you want to be a dentist?", "Why do you want to attend MUSC?", "Where do you see yourself in x amount of years?" and "What will you do if you don't get in this cycle?" There is a chance you may get an off the wall question but this is only to test how you react, questions such as what color would you be and why, or what musical instrument, that kind of stuff. If you have any other questions, feel free to reach out to me! Again, congrats and best of luck this cycle!!
Thank you so much! I’ll make sure to do that. I really appreciate the help!
Good luck on the interview! I read that MUSC Dental has a strong preference for SC Residents which is not me unfortunately lol. My friend graduated from their med school. Best Wishes!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 27
- Views
- 10K