You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
*** The Official Nova Class of 2018 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***
Started by andrewhntran
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Application sent out second batch. Received call application complete on July 19th 2013. Interview invite received via email July 24th 2013.
Booked for September 26th, probably going to go a few days early to check out the area!
Woohooooo!
Canadian Science GPA 3.59 Overall GPA 3.55
😀

Booked for September 26th, probably going to go a few days early to check out the area!
Woohooooo!
Canadian Science GPA 3.59 Overall GPA 3.55
😀


.
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
We need stats people. Its somewhat useless to just tell us you got an interview. Give us some stats please 😀
We need stats people. Its somewhat useless to just tell us you got an interview. Give us some stats please 😀
Stats are posted in the Interview/Acceptance thread buddy. Check it out !
From what I've seen, those who have been granted an interview have a high gpa and high dat scores or high dat scores and a low gpa.We need stats people. Its somewhat useless to just tell us you got an interview. Give us some stats please 😀
Received Interview Invite at Nova, set for October 11th! my first one! I'm an NC resident. Can't wait!!
Last edited:
We need stats people. Its somewhat useless to just tell us you got an interview. Give us some stats please 😀
Sorry! I was so excited I didnt even think about that
3.65 sGPA / 3.73 oGPA
21AA/19TS/21PAT/28RC
NY resident attending undergrad in FL
Science: 3.71
Total: 3.75
DAT: 20/20/20/20 (AA/TS/Reading/PAT)
Residency: Canadian.
i shoulda gone to Western had i known that they give out easy A's...stuck in Toronto for now
Phone call on 7/19, interview invite 7/23! interviewing sept. 25th!
Me too!
When did you get the call saying your application was under review?
Phone call the 18th and the invite the 23rd
Rejection via snail mail today 😡 .. Is this the first rejection on here??.. Well that was quick :/
Oh well, at least it wasn't my top choice..
Sorry to hear that alprimo, Hope you'll get in somewhere.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Sorry to hear that alprimo, Hope you'll get in somewhere.
Thanks man, I know Nova likes cream of crop.. I'm trying to be positive and hoping one of the other 19 chances I have works out !
Sorry to hear that alprimo 🙁 I haven't heard back from them (mailed out first batch) but you'll get in somewhere. Stay positive!Rejection via snail mail today 😡 .. Is this the first rejection on here??.. Well that was quick :/
Oh well, at least it wasn't my top choice..
At least they got back to you quickly, so you know where you stand. I know i sure hate waiting! I'm sure you'll get in to at least one school!
At least they got back to you quickly, so you know where you stand. I know i sure hate waiting! I'm sure you'll get in to at least one school!
Thanks for the positive comments guys, a nice change to see on here lol. Anyway yea it's better than being dragged along for 7 months.
Interview on October 18th.
Got the invite July 15th.
GPA : 4.0 overall science
DAT: 19/19/18 aa/ts/pat
Got the invite July 15th.
GPA : 4.0 overall science
DAT: 19/19/18 aa/ts/pat
http://dental.nova.edu/ce/hotels.html
http://www.nova.edu/cwis/bsv/travel/hotels.html
For those who is ready to book the hotel and didnt know about available discounts; some hotels offer a discount for NOVA guests/students
I think its great option
http://www.nova.edu/cwis/bsv/travel/hotels.html
For those who is ready to book the hotel and didnt know about available discounts; some hotels offer a discount for NOVA guests/students
I think its great option
Hey do u receive a Financial Assistance Informational Notice before they sent u the interview invite? I received that on my mail today 😕first interview via email! so excited!!!
Hey do u receive a Financial Assistance Informational Notice before they sent u the interview invite? I received that on my mail today 😕
Ya I got that email before interview invite along with an email saying they received my application
Last edited:
Ya I got that email.
Thank you!! Hopefully I'll hear something soon from Nova!!!😀
Thank you!! Hopefully I'll hear something soon from Nova!!!😀
Goooood luck 🙂 Seems like Nova is fast with their decisions
WhooohOOO! Oct 2nd here. NY resident. PM me if you want to hang out before the interview. Not certain, but I'm planning to flying out a few days early for some fun in the sun and to check out the area.
Last edited:
WhooohOOO! Oct 2nd here. I got two identical emails from them, does that mean I'm automatically in?
When did you get your phone call your app was under review? And can you share your stats please? Thank you!
Hey Nova peeps, quick question. I applied in the fifth batch and just got the call today that my application is complete and ready for review. I informed them via e-mail and during my phone conversation that my first DAT attempt is mid-August. The lady informed me that they would still just go ahead and review my application and that DAT scores are not necessary unless I get accepted. Just a little confused because it says scores are mandatory on their website and based on some of the responses on this forum. Any insight? Thanks!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was first batch and when I received the phone call, my LORs were not in yet and the lady on the phone gave me the same response as she gave you. My letters finally got in mid-July and I haven't heard back yet. I'm assuming they review the application and put it on hold until your new scores come in. Just make sure you tell them that there will be a retake because they are pretty quick at dispensing rejection letters.Hey Nova peeps, quick question. I applied in the fifth batch and just got the call today that my application is complete and ready for review. I informed them via e-mail and during my phone conversation that my first DAT attempt is mid-August. The lady informed me that they would still just go ahead and review my application and that DAT scores are not necessary unless I get accepted. Just a little confused because it says scores are mandatory on their website and based on some of the responses on this forum. Any insight? Thanks!
I was first batch and when I received the phone call, my LORs were not in yet and the lady on the phone gave me the same response as she gave you. My letters finally got in mid-July and I haven't heard back yet. I'm assuming they review the application and put it on hold until your new scores come in. Just make sure you tell them that there will be a retake because they are pretty quick at dispensing rejection letters.
Ok, that makes sense. Thank you! Everything is in except my scores and yeah hearing about people already receiving rejections got me a little scared haha. My first attempt to take the exam is in two weeks, and I have already let them know. Good luck to you 🙂
Good luck too!!! Best wishes on your exam 🙂Ok, that makes sense. Thank you! Everything is in except my scores and yeah hearing about people already receiving rejections got me a little scared haha. My first attempt to take the exam is in two weeks, and I have already let them know. Good luck to you 🙂
Rejection via snail mail today 😡 .. Is this the first rejection on here??.. Well that was quick :/
Oh well, at least it wasn't my top choice..
I was rejected via snail mail today too.
Doesn't phase me muchhh though, because I kinda added this school last minute, and it wasn't my top choice.
But hey! Congrats to EVERYONE that got an interview! Must be so exciting!
🙂
hey predentalgirl would u post your stats to see where we are at? This one is my top school! Thanks!!!I was rejected via snail mail today too.
Doesn't phase me muchhh though, because I kinda added this school last minute, and it wasn't my top choice.
But hey! Congrats to EVERYONE that got an interview! Must be so exciting!
🙂
interviewing October 17th!!! Does anyone know the set up of the interview? As in is it one on one? group? And if it is one on one, with 2 interviewees or 3? Thanks! 🙂
hey predentalgirl would u post your stats to see where we are at? This one is my top school! Thanks!!!
To be honest my Stats are't too hot.
3.25 oGPA, 3sGPA
20AA/17TS/17PAT/22RC
Double Major in Biology and African Languages and Literature.
Hope this helps!!
Good luck to you!!
anyone interviewing on october 18th? When should I start booking flights do you guys think?
Thank you and trust me when i say that I wish I can get those scores in 2 weeks,,,at least i will know for sure that I will get an interview.....The DAT is killing me....Studying was never an issue for me but this test is killing me for sure... 🙁
Nooo, don't worry about the exam Honestly, go in it with confidence and you WILL do well.
I am not in the slightest bit a good test taker AT ALL. And I managed to do okay.. (minus that darned PAT).
You shall be okay!! 🙂🙂
Thank you predentalgirl.....Let's see how it goes!!!!Nooo, don't worry about the exam Honestly, go in it with confidence and you WILL do well.
I am not in the slightest bit a good test taker AT ALL. And I managed to do okay.. (minus that darned PAT).
You shall be okay!! 🙂🙂
Anybody wants to share a room or car on Oct 9th or Oct 10th?? I'm planning to stay near Fort Lauderdale beach and get a rental car
I am scheduled for oct 9th. im down. pm me please!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Whenever your exam is, hope it goes well!! @yandillo
Correction: I cannot believe I said i got a 17TS. HAHA. I got a 19TS. (I aced the Chems, and sucked at Bio.)
Correction: I cannot believe I said i got a 17TS. HAHA. I got a 19TS. (I aced the Chems, and sucked at Bio.)
Whenever your exam is, hope it goes well!! @yandillo
Correction: I cannot believe I said i got a 17TS. HAHA. I got a 19TS. (I aced the Chems, and sucked at Bio.)
Thanks @predentalgirl.....It's in one week!! Needless to say I'm freaking out.....


For those of you who are interviewing at NOVA. What hotels are you guys staying in? I came across this page
http://www.nova.edu/cwis/bsv/travel/hotels.html
Should I pick the one that offers shuttles to/from airport to hotels and to the dental school?
There are so many hotels to stay in I am not sure which one to pick LOL. Also if my interview date is let say on september 28th. Should I be at the hotel september 27 at night or earlier?
thanks.
http://www.nova.edu/cwis/bsv/travel/hotels.html
Should I pick the one that offers shuttles to/from airport to hotels and to the dental school?
There are so many hotels to stay in I am not sure which one to pick LOL. Also if my interview date is let say on september 28th. Should I be at the hotel september 27 at night or earlier?
thanks.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 27
- Views
- 10K
- Replies
- 65
- Views
- 20K