*** The Official Nova Class of 2018 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Awesome!! If you can, stay a couple day and check out the area!

I am staying for about three days in total. I looked at the campus map online and it looks really good. Can't wait to get there.

If anyone knows any good place to have lunch by the airport plz share!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have my interview on Thursday, anyone have tips on preparing? I have the book for dental school interview questions and have been reading over that, but does anyone else have ideas as to how to further prepare?
 
Really casual conversation. Look at the interview feedback page and it should give you general idea of what they ask. When I did mine, they didn't ask any hard questions
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am staying for about three days in total. I looked at the campus map online and it looks really good. Can't wait to get there.

If anyone knows any good place to have lunch by the airport plz share!
I didn't eat by the airport, but I'm sure you'll find something! What hotel are you staying at? If you're going to Hampton Inn in Plantation, there's a good cafe right behind the hotel!
 
According to last years thread this status change seems like a good sign

I checked my admission status on Webstar but I didn't see anything about deposit fees, etc
 
Last edited:
I interviewed on September 18th and I don't have nova on my AADSAS portal.

But when I check Webstar I see that they recently checked if I had completed all the prereq courses. I think I remember that being a good sign for people last cycle? Anyone else have that on Webstar? Mine is dated at 11/11
 
I interviewed on September 18th and I don't have nova on my AADSAS portal.

But when I check Webstar I see that they recently checked if I had completed all the prereq courses. I think I remember that being a good sign for people last cycle? Anyone else have that on Webstar? Mine is dated at 11/11

same situation. no aadsas. pre-reqs checked on same date.

we don't know anything until December 2nd though! So no one lose hope!


EDIT: Status on AADSAS changed to check back dec 2nd.
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
where do you see the pre-reqs checked?

I only see recommendation letters, DAT date, etc. Nothing about prereqs.
I don't have the pre req either but seeing from last year's thread it doesn't seem to mean that much. Apparently if you get AADSAS updated and the pre registration fee tab appear on webstar, that would be an acceptance. Maybe this year will different...
 
I don't have the pre req either but seeing from last year's thread it doesn't seem to mean that much. Apparently if you get AADSAS updated and the pre registration fee tab appear on webstar, that would be an acceptance. Maybe this year will different...
do you have the preregistration fee tab? I don't
 
do you have the preregistration fee tab? I don't
I don't either. I didn't see anyone who got it yet. I think people may start to see it next week, or don't see it at all. I may have read that some people just had their AADSAS updated and still got in on dec 2nd, but I feel like the majority of accepted people had both aadsas and webstar.
 
and your webstar has no updates such as registration/acceptance fees or preq. check list?
Prerequisite - yes (although there is a mistake, I'll have to give them a call on Mon). Additional fees - no.
 
If you have the "Check back on Dec 2nd......." status change on AADSAS and registration fee/pre-req check on Webstar portal, then you are golden, time to celebrate.
The status update on AADSAS alone....can be a sign for waitlist.


interviewed back in Sept... TX resident, 2nd time applicant.
 
Last edited:
My AADSAS updated today too. Had the prereqs checked on Webstar already. No acceptance fees or anything. Interviewed in September. 2nd time applicant and Texas resident.
 
I hope this is a positive sign!!!!

Pre-req. Check Date: 11/11/2013 (Still don't see the pre-registration fees updates yet)
AADSAS Status Update: "Please Check Back on Dec. 2nd." - 11/23/2013 (First update ever)
Interview: 10/11/2013
GPA: 3.9ish
DAT: AA23 TS24
Residency: OOS

What's yours, guys?
Any differences?

I hope this would be good sign!!!
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Where is the prereq check list?? I only see application fee, letters of rec,

This is what mine looks like.

Screen Shot 2013-11-23 at 7.58.31 PM.png
 
I don't have the prereqs listed just the letters or rec and app fee

AVB2104, I'm the same as you. Interviewed early.
AADSAS status as check back Dec 2.
Nothing going on Webstar-

I have a feeling this is going to be bad. 🙁

Let's keep in touch if anything started to change before Dec 2.
 
AVB2104, I'm the same as you. Interviewed early.
AADSAS status as check back Dec 2.
Nothing going on Webstar-

I have a feeling this is going to be bad. 🙁

Let's keep in touch if anything started to change before Dec 2.
Last year the pre req checking didn't mean anything since people without interview had it. I don't think the AADSAS update is bad since so one has the pre registration fee tab yet... Just one more week to wait !