*** The Official Nova Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.

sharkteethdentist

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
IMG_0818.jpg
IMG_0837.jpg

I have not found this thread yet. NSU already sent out supplemental app today. Good luck and Fins up!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I was confused with the "special circumstances" question. Is this asking about a disadvantage we had or really anything?

I was confused with the "special circumstances" question. Is this asking about a disadvantage we had or really anything?
I would avoid the redundancy on your application which you priorly mentioned on AADSAS.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else receive a phone call asking to verify their info/stating their app was complete?

Do we have to wait for them to send us the supplemental or can we just go online and do it? On their application procedures it says in Step 2 to simply submit electronically.

Do we have to wait for them to send us the supplemental or can we just go online and do it? On their application procedures it says in Step 2 to simply submit electronically.
You have to wait till they contact you.

"
The applicant should submit the following to:

Enrollment Processing Services
Nova Southeastern University
3301 College Avenue-P.O. Box 299000
Fort Lauderdale, Fl 33314-9905

1. an evaluation by a preprofessional health adviser or committee from the applicant's undergraduate institution (only if it was not previously sent to AADSAS) If this evaluation cannot be provided, three individual letters of evaluation from undergraduate instructors may be sent to NSU (if they were not previously submitted to AADSAS). Two of these should be from science instructors and the other one from a liberal arts instructor. If possible, these letters should be from faculty who know the applicant's scholastic abilities and personal character; otherwise, they should be from individuals (nonrelatives) who can provide an evaluation to the committee on admissions.
  2. a letter of evaluation from a dentist (highly recommended, but not required)"
So are we supposed to send them our letters of recommendation physically through the mail as well?

"
The applicant should submit the following to:

Enrollment Processing Services
Nova Southeastern University
3301 College Avenue-P.O. Box 299000
Fort Lauderdale, Fl 33314-9905

1. an evaluation by a preprofessional health adviser or committee from the applicant's undergraduate institution (only if it was not previously sent to AADSAS) If this evaluation cannot be provided, three individual letters of evaluation from undergraduate instructors may be sent to NSU (if they were not previously submitted to AADSAS). Two of these should be from science instructors and the other one from a liberal arts instructor. If possible, these letters should be from faculty who know the applicant's scholastic abilities and personal character; otherwise, they should be from individuals (nonrelatives) who can provide an evaluation to the committee on admissions.
  2. a letter of evaluation from a dentist (highly recommended, but not required)"
So are we supposed to send them our letters of recommendation physically through the mail as well?

No you don't have to!

Just received an interview!!
August 17th!

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Got an interview today! :)

I have a question about the supplemental:
1. "List the college courses in which you are currently enrolled and those you plan to complete prior to matriculation (include subject and course number, course title, institution name, and term taken or term to be taken). If you change these projected courses, be certain to inform us."

How do I answer this question? Do I list my spring 2016 and summer courses I've taken..?

2. "List all the Dental Programs to which you are applying this year (include program/institution, if you had or will have an interview, and current status)."

In what format did you all fill this out?

Thanks!

1. "List the college courses in which you are currently enrolled and those you plan to complete prior to matriculation (include subject and course number, course title, institution name, and term taken or term to be taken). If you change these projected courses, be certain to inform us."

How do I answer this question? Do I list my spring 2016 and summer courses I've taken..?

2. "List all the Dental Programs to which you are applying this year (include program/institution, if you had or will have an interview, and current status)."

Thanks!

I'm definitely curious as two how yall answered 2. Did you Use the full school names (i.e. Medical University of South Carolina, James B. Edwards College of Dental Medicine) or abbreviations (MUSC)? Also did you put it in some sort of sentence format or just list them like bullet points?

I had a question about the interview process if anybody knew...

So I did get an interview and had choices between August and September to choose an interview date...will an interview during early August have the same weight as it would end of September?

Also, if anyone has any idea how the interview process works that would be nice to know! (MMI format? group interaction stuff? etc...)
thanks!

I had a question about the interview process if anybody knew...

So I did get an interview and had choices between August and September to choose an interview date...will an interview during early August have the same weight as it would end of September?

Also, if anyone has any idea how the interview process works that would be nice to know! (MMI format? group interaction stuff? etc...)
thanks!

I recommend interviewing as soon as you can (rolling admission)

Also, it is a super nonchalant one-on-one interview. Least stressful interview you will have!

Do you guys know if they accept unofficial DAT scores? I took my DAT on July 1st and just submitted by supplement (on which I listed the DAT scores I received). I'm trying to get everything done, submitted, and reviewed as quick as possible!

how long after you e submit to receive supplementals

]

I have an Excel spreadsheet of all of the schools that I apply to, so I just copy and paste the entire column into the field. You don't need the entire name of school.

how long after you e submit to receive supplementals
I e-submitted on 6/9, but it took forever for transcript to be received and verified so my app was officially "mailed out" on 7/1. Received the NOVA supp on the same day. So I think people get the supp as soon as Nova received your app from AADSAS.

Just received an interview invitation today! Scheduled for Mid August!

Reactions: 1 users
Received an interview today as well! Scheduled for early September.

Reactions: 2 users
Got my interview invite!!! Scheduled for August 18th

Last edited:
Got an interview today! Scheduled for August :)

Received an interview today too! Scheduled for early September.

Shoot submitted my supplemental on the 27th and no interview :(

Last edited:

Thanks!

Bumping my own question...

Submitted supplemental 6/27, received invite to interview 7/5.

Signed up for Aug. 17 and flying down the night before. If any other guys want to split a room, PM me. My wife will be 34 weeks pregnant, so she and our toddler won't be along for the ride.

Side note: I read in previous threads that they'll give you an earlier interview if you have an early flight. I hope so - the last flight out for me was 5:50 or 6:10! They seem very understanding, though.

Best of luck to everyone!

Reactions: 1 users
Bumping my own question...
1. I'm a non-traditional student doing an informal post-bac, so I just listed summer courses I am taking now and courses I plan to take in Fall 2016 and Spring 2017 (before entering D1). I think they just want you to key in the same 'planned courses' you put in on your AADSAS. Does that make sense?

2. I copied my list straight from the Dental School Designations page on my AADSAS app. I just cleaned up the formatting to make each school on one line.

Hope this is a helpful perspective for you!

wow, they started early. anyone not get interview?

Sitting here waiting for my interview like.....

What are your stats? And did you have the LIberal Arts LOR?

Mine are 3.75 GPA and 19AA/18TS

Thinking my 18 TS is hurting me with Nova.
Our stats are identical - I have a 3.5 gpa - maybe i really do need a retake lol

Hey everyone, I just got a call from NOVA saying my app was complete, did yall get calls or email notifications?

I submitted my supp app yesterday. Today I just requested my Liberal Arts letter to be sent directly to them from Interfolio. Do you think they will schedule an interview without that letter?

Status
Not open for further replies.