You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
*** The Official Nova Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***
Started by sharkteethdentist
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Damn. I got a call on July 7 and haven't heard of any update since. Guess I'm not gonna receive an interview.
Damn. I got a call on July 7 and haven't heard of any update since. Guess I'm not gonna receive an interview.
I got the same call on the 7th and no interview follow up. don't sweat just yet. give em till the end of the week
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Last edited:
called them up and they said they update their apps from aadsas every Wednesday. so if you uploaded anything since last Wednesday ( like my dat scores which were uploaded on the 14th) they're only getting it today
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
called them up and they said they update their apps from aadsas every Wednesday. so if you uploaded anything since last Wednesday ( like my dat scores which were uploaded on the 14th) they're only getting it today
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Hopefully you'll hear something soon! I'm accepting the fact I'm probably not. I hate how they don't offer an email to send updates; I had to send updates via snail mail.
Also, seems their turnaround time to offer interviews is pretty fast. So submit week 1 and get something week 2.
Haven't received a supplemental from NOVA yet, GPA verified 7/11. Does anyone know if they wait until applications are mailed out to send a supplemental? Or
any confirmation email saying your application was received?
any confirmation email saying your application was received?
Haven't received a supplemental from NOVA yet, GPA verified 7/11. Does anyone know if they wait until applications are mailed out to send a supplemental? Or
any confirmation email saying your application was received?
Yes I received the email to complete supplemental as soon as my application was mailed out.
.
Last edited:
read the posts above. everyone that got an interview posted their stats
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
interview invite on 7/22
OOS
3.63 science 19aa
have not booked yet. I am looking at either the 8th or 16th of Sept.
OOS
3.63 science 19aa
have not booked yet. I am looking at either the 8th or 16th of Sept.
Congrats! That's a great way to wrap up the end of the week! May I ask what date you completed your secondary on?interview invite on 7/22
OOS
3.63 science 19aa
have not booked yet. I am looking at either the 8th or 16th of Sept.
Haven't received a supplemental from NOVA yet, GPA verified 7/11. Does anyone know if they wait until applications are mailed out to send a supplemental? Or
any confirmation email saying your application was received?
They wait to pick names out of hats. Wait your turn. Lol. Jk. I think they have electronic access to your application and don't require any mail outs.
They wait to pick names out of hats. Wait your turn. Lol. Jk. I think they have electronic access to your application and don't require any mail outs.
Just received the supplemental today after my application was mailed out! I think they do wait for it to be mailed out, but once again, could be a case by case situation.
Received interview invite on July 8th.
AADSAS finished on June 21st, mailed out July 1st.
Finished supplemental on June 30th.
GPA 3.27, DAT 22.
AADSAS finished on June 21st, mailed out July 1st.
Finished supplemental on June 30th.
GPA 3.27, DAT 22.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For the question that asks to list all the schools you applied to, do we have to list out all the schools we applied? Just worried because I don't want them to think I am not interested just because I applied to 10 other schools.
And for the planned courses question, what if I am not 100% sure what classes I will be taking?
Thanks.
And for the planned courses question, what if I am not 100% sure what classes I will be taking?
Thanks.
For the question that asks to list all the schools you applied to, do we have to list out all the schools we applied? Just worried because I don't want them to think I am not interested just because I applied to 10 other schools.
And for the planned courses question, what if I am not 100% sure what classes I will be taking?
Thanks.
Put down your most probable schedule for the next two semesters and update them if you do decide to change later on.
What if you don't necessarily have any "special circumstances" to talk about? Do you leave it blank?
What if you don't necessarily have any "special circumstances" to talk about? Do you leave it blank?
Always utilize any place you have the opportunity to divulge about yourself. For the question on which schools are you applying to, you can list some schools and then state you have a few others. You don't need to list everything. They know everyone doesn't put all their eggs into one basket. List the courses you plan to take and then update just like alpha said.
Always utilize any place you have the opportunity to divulge about yourself. For the question on which schools are you applying to, you can list some schools and then state you have a few others. You don't need to list everything. They know everyone doesn't put all their eggs into one basket. List the courses you plan to take and then update just like alpha said.
It wouldn't look bad if I just state some schools and then say few others?
Also, what exactly do they mean by special circumstances? Is it something like if you had bad grades one semester because of some reason or finanaical trouble and stuff like that?
It wouldn't look bad if I just state some schools and then say few others?
Also, what exactly do they mean by special circumstances? Is it something like if you had bad grades one semester because of some reason or finanaical trouble and stuff like that?
I don't think they care enough about that question to feel what is "good" or "bad". That's my opinion. I'm not on the admissions committee. Maybe someone on here who is can chime in, but doubt they lurk around here. Special circumstances can mean anything. Schools love to see a struggling student who persevered. Even if you don't have a semester of grades less than an A, I would talk about a struggle. That was the advice given to me from an admissions person. Maybe you can call and ask them for clarification.
Just got a call saying my application was complete (mailed 7/22)
I got a voicemail too and got an interview invite 2 days later, so don't worry!If I missed the call and it was just a voicemail confirming my app was under review, do I need to call back or am I good?
Last edited:
Did anyone leave this question blank if you didn't have anything to say: Describe any special circumstances that you feel might aid the Admissions Committee in evaluating your application.
I can't think about any "special circumstances" during my college experience so I don't know what to put as my answer.
I can't think about any "special circumstances" during my college experience so I don't know what to put as my answer.
I left it blank and received an interview.Did anyone leave this question blank if you didn't have anything to say: Describe any special circumstances that you feel might aid the Admissions Committee in evaluating your application.
I can't think about any "special circumstances" during my college experience so I don't know what to put as my answer.
Got a call this morning to tell me my app is complete - mailed 7/22
I left it blank and received an interview.
Thanks!
What did you do with the question asking about list of schools you applied to? You listed every single one of them?
Yes I did! (All 10 of them)Thanks!
What did you do with the question asking about list of schools you applied to? You listed every single one of them?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
interview invite 7/26
confirmation call 7/19
gpa 3.65
dat 19
confirmation call 7/19
gpa 3.65
dat 19
I got a voicemail too and got an interview invite 2 days later, so don't worry!
Lucky
I left it blank and received an interview.
Your stats are almost like mine. Damn. I received nothing.
Samesies, got a voicemail and an invite 2 days later. Good luck to everyone applying this cycle.I got a voicemail too and got an interview invite 2 days later, so don't worry!
Samesies, got a voicemail and an invite 2 days later. Good luck to everyone applying this cycle.
Did you send them a basket of cookies? I bet you did. 2 days!? Damn. Sounds like they just glanced at you and said, "Yes!"
Not just me though. It you look in this thread and last year's thread, many other people got a very quick invite from Nova. It seems like Nova interviews tons of applicants every year and accept only a fraction. I want to be both optimistic and realistic at the same time.Did you send them a basket of cookies? I bet you did. 2 days!? Damn. Sounds like they just glanced at you and said, "Yes!"
D
deleted780698
They sent me an invitation 2 hours after they received my DAT scores, they are really quick.
They sent me an invitation 2 hours after they received my DAT scores, they are really quick.
today?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
has anyone gotten an interview invite this week? my aadsas status of nova has completely disappeared (there's no 'in review' or anything) and I'm worried my application was pushed aside and forgotten due to not having dat scores in at the time
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
has anyone gotten an interview invite this week? my aadsas status of nova has completely disappeared (there's no 'in review' or anything) and I'm worried my application was pushed aside and forgotten due to not having dat scores in at the time
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
You'll be getting an interview soon.
You'll be getting an interview soon.
Wow. How do you know? How about me! Lol
Wow. How do you know? How about me! Lol
Hahah, I like making random guess bets.
has anyone gotten an interview invite this week? my aadsas status of nova has completely disappeared (there's no 'in review' or anything) and I'm worried my application was pushed aside and forgotten due to not having dat scores in at the time
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Don't worry. Mine disappeared too. I received the call on July 7th, but no interview invitation yet. At this point we just have to be patient. Hopefully there will be good news soon! 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I received a confirmation call on 7/19 and haven't heard back since. Should I assume that I got rejected? On AADSAS nova has disappeared from the school decisions tab…
I received a confirmation call on 7/19 and haven't heard back since. Should I assume that I got rejected? On AADSAS nova has disappeared from the school decisions tab…
you, @CalculusFighter , and I are all in the same boat. I'm thinking we should be contacted by the next round of interview invites
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
when would you think the next round of interviews will go outyou, @CalculusFighter , and I are all in the same boat. I'm thinking we should be contacted by the next round of interview invites
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
when would you think the next round of interviews will go out
hopefully soon since I'm developing a serious case of ocd checking my email 100x per day. but seriously, I don't think anyone would know.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
It's so stressful, you just want to see that email pop up saying you are invited lol. What other schools did you guys apply to?hopefully soon since I'm developing a serious case of ocd checking my email 100x per day. but seriously, I don't think anyone would know.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 27
- Views
- 9K
- Replies
- 65
- Views
- 19K