You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
*** The Official Nova Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***
Started by sharkteethdentist
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
I got a call!Hey everyone, I just got a call from NOVA saying my app was complete, did yall get calls or email notifications?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How long from the time you got the call till you got your interview invite? Was that by call also?I got a call!
Exactly a week, and the invite was by emailHow long from the time you got the call till you got your interview invite? Was that by call also?
Exactly a week, and the invite was by email
10-4
can you get interview if u havent submitted ur transcript?
lol, no
Hmm apparently everything was submitted on the 1st, I wonder when I find out my status...
I got the interview invitation, Ill be down there on the 25'th of August.
going the 18th as well!So my interview is set up for August 18th, is anyone else planning on using Airbnb? Anyone else going on the 18th?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Wow Nova is giving out so many interviews! Is this normal for a school to be doing so early in the cycle?
I think they're just early to get rolling.
That would be a good idea!Would anyone be interested in a Skype group mock interview?
got my call that everything is in review last Wednesday. my official dat scores still haven't uploaded and they've been silent ever since. Hope it doesn't take too much longer, getting a 'in review' followed by silence is daunting.
I'm thinking of applying. When do you do the supplemental?
When they email you.I'm thinking of applying. When do you do the supplemental?
If I got an interview invite, it means that the admissions committee actually looked and reviewed my AADAS application right? The reason I'm asking is that I submitted only one science LOR, but they require two science letters, so I expected them to wait until I submitted my second science LOR around next week... Definitely not complaining though haha just kind of unexpected because I thought a science LOR was pretty important.
lol, congrats! what are your stats?If I got an interview invite, it means that the admissions committee actually looked and reviewed my AADAS application right? The reason I'm asking is that I submitted only one science LOR, but they require two science letters, so I expected them to wait until I submitted my second science LOR around next week... Definitely not complaining though haha just kind of unexpected because I thought a science LOR was pretty important.
lol, congrats! what are your stats?
3.2 overall undergrad GPA (currently in a Master's program), 25AA/26TS
How long did it take for you guys to receive interview offer after submitting the supplemental?
I submitted mine a few days ago. Hopefully I hear back from them.
I submitted mine a few days ago. Hopefully I hear back from them.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I received an interview invite today and my letters are not even in. Is that even possible?
Submitted my supplement two days ago.
Please tell me your trolling. FUxxxxxxxx Been 9 days since my call and now I'm thinking one of my profs may have been an ass with the letter of rec. Was your DAT uploaded officially to ADEA?
Please tell me your trolling. FUxxxxxxxx Been 9 days since my call and now I'm thinking one of my profs may have been an ass with the letter of rec. Was your DAT uploaded officially to ADEA?
I swear I am not trolling. My DAT is 20 AA 21 PAT so nothing spectacular. oGPA and sGPA is 3.87 though.
Got the interview offer.
Looks like August dates have all been booked. Booking Sept 9th.
Looks like August dates have all been booked. Booking Sept 9th.
I called up nova today and was told my status is still pending and that I will be getting a letter in the mail soon - anyone know what that means. I thought a rejection, but why would my status be pending - waitlisted interview perhaps??
Please tell me your trolling. FUxxxxxxxx Been 9 days since my call and now I'm thinking one of my profs may have been an ass with the letter of rec. Was your DAT uploaded officially to ADEA?
Can confirm... as I mentioned before, surprised that I don't even have my second science LOR uploaded but still got interview.
is [email protected] the best way to contact admissions? I want to let them know my dat scores finally uploaded, maybe I've been in limbo all this time?
??I called up nova today and was told my status is still pending and that I will be getting a letter in the mail soon - anyone know what that means. I thought a rejection, but why would my status be pending - waitlisted interview perhaps??
Does anyone know around how many people get interviewed per day?
I believe it's 8 (from reading last year's thread). Anyone else feel free to correct me or back me up on that.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I got an interview and I hadn't submitted my committee letter yet so not sure what happened.If I got an interview invite, it means that the admissions committee actually looked and reviewed my AADAS application right? The reason I'm asking is that I submitted only one science LOR, but they require two science letters, so I expected them to wait until I submitted my second science LOR around next week... Definitely not complaining though haha just kind of unexpected because I thought a science LOR was pretty important.
Does anyone know if the interviews at nova are 1 on 1 or if they are another format? I know our schedule said individual interviews but I wasn't sure if that actually meant 1 on 1.
Received the "application complete" call on June 27. Should I assume it's a rejection? I selected that I wanted to be considered for the DO/DMD program, could that have something to do with it?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Lol I had the same thing and also selected DMD / DO as wellReceived the "application complete" call on June 27. Should I assume it's a rejection? I selected that I wanted to be considered for the DO/DMD program, could that have something to do with it?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Received the "application complete" call on June 27. Should I assume it's a rejection? I selected that I wanted to be considered for the DO/DMD program, could that have something to do with it?
I got my call on the 7th and I highly doubt we've been rejected already. was your dat uploaded already when you got the in review call?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
International applicant, so DAT wasn't through AADSAS. But my Canadian DAT was mailed and delivered to the school so everything was complete.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
International applicant, so DAT wasn't through AADSAS. But my Canadian DAT was mailed and delivered to the school so everything was complete.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I'd say wait until the end of July. For whatever reason they haven't gotten back to me as well (I'm in state) so I feel like their having delays somewhere. not to be cocky but I highly doubt I would be denied without an interview... also they may be waiting on you because you applied on the do/dmd program to see who else applied to it. most people just apply for the dmd program so it's easier for them to start sending out interviews
I'd say wait until the end of July. For whatever reason they haven't gotten back to me as well (I'm in state) so I feel like their having delays somewhere. not to be cocky but I highly doubt I would be denied without an interview... also they may be waiting on you because you applied on the do/dmd program to see who else applied to it. most people just apply for the dmd program so it's easier for them to start sending out interviews
Yeah, with your 25AA hardly any school would reject you without an interview. Just wait a little bit.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 27
- Views
- 9K
- Replies
- 65
- Views
- 20K