2018 *** The Official Nova Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone tried calling Dr. Lippman today or yesterday to understand what the process is as of now? If there are many spots left or when the next set of acceptances will take place? I tried calling earlier, but only got his VM.

He said there are not as many spots as he expected and that he is still sorting things out to make decisions

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
He said there are not as many spots as he expected and that he is still sorting things out to make decisions
Did he say anything about calling anymore people on the waitlist?

For those who will be dental students at NOVA: posted on the official class 2022 facebook : Orientation start date is July 31 2018.
See you there.

Members don't see this ad :)
To those accepted, did you receive anything in the mail, such as your PIN to complete the background check? They said they will be sending those in March, so I wanted to stay updated.

To those accepted, did you receive anything in the mail, such as your PIN to complete the background check? They said they will be sending those in March, so I wanted to stay updated.
I have not received anything yet.

I have not received anything yet.
I was told end of March they will send out packets to D1 students .
Lady from admissions told me to check official facebook frequently because they post important information on it as well.

For those of you who recently got accepted off the waitlist, do you mind if I ask if you did anything in particular to prioritize your acceptance? Call, email, update the school, etc.

Are there any spots left? Because I keep calling Dr. Lippman and only get to his voice mail!

Are there any spots left? Because I keep calling Dr. Lippman and only get to his voice mail!

Hey, I know someone from New York who got in at NOVA, but would prefer to go to NYU & stay at home; maybe you should switch places
email Dr Lippman a nice letter as he will not answer your call unless he called you first:
[email protected]
Dr. Hal R. Lippman
Executive Associate Dean,
Office of Student Affairs and Admissions

Hey, I know someone from New York who got in at NOVA, but would prefer to go to NYU & stay at home; maybe you should switch places
email Dr Lippman a nice letter as he will not answer your call unless he called you first:
[email protected]
Dr. Hal R. Lippman
Executive Associate Dean,
Office of Student Affairs and Admissions

He doesn't even answer his email. But is your suggestion even possible? I just sent you a message.

I was told end of March they will send out packets to D1 students .
Lady from admissions told me to check official facebook frequently because they post important information on it as well.

those accepted: I received 2 emails today from Ms. Conception re: criminal check and immunization.

Has there been any movement? Does anyone know if they are done calling off the waitlist?

Members don't see this ad :)
yes, I know two people who got accepted today. Hopefully, there will be more movement next month. Fingers crossed*

Has there been any movement? Does anyone know if they are done calling off the waitlist?

yes, I know two people who got accepted today. Hopefully, there will be more movement next month. Fingers crossed*
Are you sure they were accepted today? My friend called Dr. Lippman earlier today, and he said that he hasn't and wont be making any moves this week. I feel like everyone is always hearing different info. I'm not sure what is true vs false! How frustrating!

Are you sure they were accepted today? My friend called Dr. Lippman earlier today, and he said that he hasn't and wont be making any moves this week. I feel like everyone is always hearing different info. I'm not sure what is true vs false! How frustrating!

I think he accepts people sporadically. I know how you feel. The waiting game is frustrating, but we just have to be hopeful and not give up. Hopefully, we all get in somewhere. Positive vibes*

Reactions: 1 users
For all those who are accepted, did anyone receive the pin number for the background check??

When I called he said there wouldn't be any movement until April 15th! I feel like everyone gets different answers!

Last edited:
Did anyone get an email asking you to consider their pharmacy program? I LOL'd pretty hard.

Are you waitlisted at nova and they sent that email?? Or did you not interview there at all? That’s so strange
I got rejected without interview. They emailed me and said I wouldn't have to take the PCAT and that I could utilize my DAT score.

Reading past threads, I see that there a different waitlist types (high/low hold). Is that the case this year?

Also, did anyone receive an official email when they were waitlisted? I only saw the update on AADSAS... Are we suppose to be looking at the portal they tell us to check online?

Reading past threads, I see that there a different waitlist types (high/low hold). Is that the case this year?

Also, did anyone receive an official email when they were waitlisted? I only saw the update on AADSAS... Are we suppose to be looking at the portal they tell us to check online?
I got an official waitlist letter in the mail too and I was a January interview.

Im considering applying to NOVA, i have a low cGPA at 3.42. Im Wondering if you can give tips as to how you think you got an interview and if youve gotten accepted. I will be applying for 2023, and have taken 165 credits in my bachelors (might be more than the usual idk)! those that got accepted with lower GPAs, Did you apply early (around what month was ur application sent), or is there anything that you feel helped your app? Everything helps! including tips for the dat.

I commented on this post a lot earlier but since then, the application cycle is almost over im hoping the 2022 class, or waitlisted applicants will have some input. So far ive only seen about 4 applicants get interviewed with a lower GPA like mine but im not sure if they ever got accepted

Im considering applying to NOVA, i have a low cGPA at 3.42. Im Wondering if you can give tips as to how you think you got an interview and if youve gotten accepted. I will be applying for 2023, and have taken 165 credits in my bachelors (might be more than the usual idk)! those that got accepted with lower GPAs, Did you apply early (around what month was ur application sent), or is there anything that you feel helped your app? Everything helps! including tips for the dat.

I commented on this post a lot earlier but since then, the application cycle is almost over im hoping the 2022 class, or waitlisted applicants will have some input. So far ive only seen about 4 applicants get interviewed with a lower GPA like mine but im not sure if they ever got accepted

I got in with a very similar GPA and a 24AA/24TS on the DAT. If you smash the DAT and the rest of your application looks good then you won't have any problems getting an interview just because of your GPA.

I got in with a very similar GPA and a 24AA/24TS on the DAT. If you smash the DAT and the rest of your application looks good then you won't have any problems getting an interview just because of your GPA.
Wow congrats! Can you pm me what your GPA was if you don't mind me asking? I got rejected from NOVA and am going to be applying next cycle again! any insight would be great :)

If anyone knows: are all the seats for the class of 2022 filled? or are there any open spots? and is Dr. Lippman just waiting for people to drop before calling or still making decisions on people from the waitlist to fill empty spots?

If anyone knows: are all the seats for the class of 2022 filled? or are there any open spots? and is Dr. Lippman just waiting for people to drop before calling or still making decisions on people from the waitlist to fill empty spots?
At this point, I believe he is just waiting for people to drop before calling

Has anyone spoke to dr. Lippman this week or recently & if so, any information about the waitlist????

Easy way to compensate for low GPA that you can achieve easily if you dedicate to prepare well is to have high DAT score. If you can aim to get 22 and up for your DAT score you will for sure get many interviews and get at least 2 acceptances. You need to apply to at least 10 schools & schools that would match your GPA & DAT closely

I have a 3.9 GPA and made a 23 on the DAT and only got into one school so I would definitely suggest to do a lot of extracurriculars/ shadowing which is what my application lacked because lazy

I have a 3.9 GPA and made a 23 on the DAT and only got into one school so I would definitely suggest to do a lot of extracurriculars/ shadowing which is what my application lacked because lazy

How many schools did you apply to..?

I have similar stats, GPA 3.9 and DAT 20 /PAT 24, and got to 3 schools, but my friend with same stats got waitlisted at 5 schools

Last edited:
Anyone receive a call yet today?

Anyone received a call? or have spoken to Dr. Lippman?

hmm... i wonder if they had any movement at all..

I've tried calling admissions last week but only got voicemail.

Got a call 2 hrs ago. Accepted off from the waitlist. Extremely honored. Good luck to everyone else on the waitlist!

Reactions: 3 users
Turned down my offer - really tough decision, I loved the school. Goodluck everyone.

Anyone know when the next round of calls will go out?

Got the acceptance call yesterday. Good luck everyone on the waitlist

Reactions: 2 users
Got the acceptance call yesterday. Good luck everyone on the waitlist
Do you mind sharing if you did anything in particular to get off the waitlist?

Do you mind sharing if you did anything in particular to get off the waitlist?
I just called Dr. Lippman to show I am still interested as well as sent him my updated grades for spring semester.

I just called Dr. Lippman to show I am still interested as well as sent him my updated grades for spring semester.
Thanks for sharing. Waitlist has been moving rather slow. Hopefully there will be more movement soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.