2018 *** The Official Nova Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone please have any updates regarding the Wait list? Does it move fast or nah? I am Florida resident and this basically my first choice.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Have you ever stood in a line at Disneyland?
upload_2018-3-2_17-10-25.png

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I sincerely hope that life gives you disappointment to help you grow up

I sincerely hope life gives you happiness. Can't imagine what it must take for you to wish that on someone else.

Reactions: 7 users
You sound incredibly naive. I sincerely hope that life gives you disappointment to help you grow up. Count your blessings if you’ve already been accepted to dental school. Some of us have done well in school and managed to establish a respectable career, yet we are overlooked by the admissions committees. Cheers.
Hey have some respect I just asked a question. Maybe you should first practice how to be respectful!!!

Anyways, if anyone has further info I would appreciate it!

Reactions: 1 users
Perhaps you mis

seeing your snap judgment, it is clear you misunderstood. Disappointment won’t kill you, however, working through it can bring you to appreciate the present and learn to have some strength. Being waitlisted isn’t the worst position to be in...you could have been rejected. All I’m saying is to have some patience...how do you expect to make it through dental school when the waitlist is making your nervous?
bro, who are u talking to? i think u quoted the wrong post

Anyone please have any updates regarding the Wait list? Does it move fast or nah? I am Florida resident and this basically my first choice.

To answer your question lol I hear that nova has one of the largest waiting lists. But I know there's a lot of movement in march. We just have to be patient. So chin up

So I got an acceptance the first week of February but have yet to receive an acceptance package to my mailing address. Does anyone know how long it takes to get the welcome packet in the mail? Im on the west coast if that makes a difference! Thanks!

So I got an acceptance the first week of February but have yet to receive an acceptance package to my mailing address. Does anyone know how long it takes to get the welcome packet in the mail? Im on the west coast if that makes a difference! Thanks!

Once you were accepted you should have received an e-mail with 2 letters: acceptance and payment instructions. I received this email from admissions 3 days after the phone call. they also sent these 2 letters by mail and it took 10 days (mine was to Texas). They r busy but don't worry they will sent it to you, call them only if you don't see anything within 3 weeks. Once you submit your 1st payment your ADEA status will change to "offer accepted" and you get also confirmation of payment. You have to remember to also send the official transcript by the end of this semester.

Hey have some respect I just asked a question. Maybe you should first practice how to be respectful!!!

Anyways, if anyone has further info I would appreciate it!
zgrf510: look through previous pages of this thread as there r some good advice re WL and things to do when you r on the WL. I know that NOVA accepts unit 1st day of classes which is Aug 1st and they will take in state student over OOS. So keep positive and good luck, there is still plenty of time until then.

Once you were accepted you should have received an e-mail with 2 letters: acceptance and payment instructions. I received this email from admissions 3 days after the phone call. they also sent these 2 letters by mail and it took 10 days (mine was to Texas). They r busy but don't worry they will sent it to you, call them only if you don't see anything within 3 weeks. Once you submit your 1st payment your ADEA status will change to "offer accepted" and you get also confirmation of payment. You have to remember to also send the official transcript by the end of this semester.

Hey, was the email with the 2 letters the exact same ones you received as hardcopies in the mail?

Hey, was the email with the 2 letters the exact same ones you received as hardcopies in the mail?
yes they were. 1st (2 pages) is the acceptance , due dates and reminder to send them transcript at the end of this semester, etc. & 2nd is instructions for payment . Then on your NOVA on-line application you can check that payments were updated.

Did anyone receive info regarding these dates:
White Coat Ceremony for ALL on Sunday, August 5, 2018 at 10am
classes begin on Tuesday, July 31 st, 2018

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
yes they were. 1st (2 pages) is the acceptance , due dates and reminder to send them transcript at the end of this semester, etc. & 2nd is instructions for payment . Then on your NOVA on-line application you can check that payments were updated.

Did anyone receive info regarding these dates:
White Coat Ceremony for ALL on Sunday, August 5, 2018 at 10am
Orientation is mandatory on Monday, May 7, 2018

Thanks! But why is orientation May 7??

Does anyone know if they are still giving out interviews?

I haven't heard anything from the school and it still says received/under review on AADSAS.

21 DAT/ 3.55 GPA

I haven't heard anything from the school and it still says received/under review on AADSAS.

21 DAT/ 3.55 GPA

No

21 DAT/ 3.55 GPA
sorry, most likely they wont give out interview

When I called to ask for updates on my application status and if seats were filled, they said they couldn't give out any information regarding admissions...anyone else know if all the seats are filled or if they are still taking people off the waitlist??

When I called to ask for updates on my application status and if seats were filled, they said they couldn't give out any information regarding admissions...anyone else know if all the seats are filled or if they are still taking people off the waitlist??
The acceptance fee is due March 15 so after that they will take more people off the waitlist Im sure

When I called and asked if the class was full she said she was waiting on three more deposits. She also said there should be movement after March 15.

Only 3 to fill the class from WL? that is not many considering this year's class is 125 students. I believe that once you place 2 deposits you most likely will be attending and if you do not commit to one school after April 1 you might lose your acceptance.

There are many schools that have a deposit deadline March 15. If you are on the WL you should email directly to Dr. Hal Lippman, Exec. Associate Dean today/tomorrow expressing desire to attend NOVA dental school adding any new info, like new shadowing or volunteering, because he is sorting now the final list of candidates to call starting morning of March 15th. Do not email admissions as they do not act on such email, they are just clerks. Since many schools will be calling with new offers same day Dr. Lippman will call as early as possible on 15th to secure some candidates they want before other schools get to them. If you r on the WL you need to show strong desire, interest and initiative to those who make decisions. Good luck to all on WLs.

Last edited:
Was there any movement today?

Yes, when I called Dr. Lippman, I was told that he would be getting to the waitlist on Monday, so after that there will hopefully be acceptances coming our way!!

Reactions: 2 users
Yes, when I called Dr. Lippman, I was told that he would be getting to the waitlist on Monday, so after that there will hopefully be acceptances coming our way!!
You called him directly? If so can u message me his number please?

Anyone hear anything ?

Perhaps they haven't started calling yet? Maybe sometime later this week

Got accepted today @ 2 pm. Called by Dr Lippman

Reactions: 3 users
Anyone know if there will be more calls tomorrow? If not, when can we expect the next set of calls? Mid-April?

I too received an acceptance this afternoon. OOS. Non-traditional student. Best of luck to everyone!

Reactions: 5 users
do you also receive an email of acceptance or only phone call?

Do you know if they leave voicemail if you were unable to answer?

Has anyone tried calling Dr. Lippman today or yesterday to understand what the process is as of now? If there are many spots left or when the next set of acceptances will take place? I tried calling earlier, but only got his VM.

Status
Not open for further replies.