You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2018 *** The Official Nova Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***
Started by sake
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know the total COA for 4 years here? Is it above 400k?
Does anyone know the total COA for 4 years here? Is it above 400k?
It is all on NOVA's website: Tuition for 2016–2017 is $63,597 for Florida residents and $64,106 for out-of-state students. A Health Professions Division general access fee of $145 is required each year. An NSU student services fee of $1050 is also required annually.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
^yeah that's tuition only I think and then they estimate another 22k per year for living expenses so it comes out to like 410-420k or so total including fees
Don't be sad. They're not going to pull people out of the waitlist until March so there's still hope!Did anyone got waitlisted or accepted at Nova? My status on ADEA ADSAS says waitlisted. However they haven't emailed or called, 🙁
That may not be very accurate. They will increase tuition every year and the one they listed on the website was two years ago. It depends on how much they increase every year and I will expect more than 450k in total maybe 480k.^yeah that's tuition only I think and then they estimate another 22k per year for living expenses so it comes out to like 410-420k or so total including fees
I’m STOKED!!! Dr. Lippmann called me on Friday! I interviewed January 19 so there’s still hope everyone!! This is my first acceptance! You could hear back at anytime!! Stay positive
I really hope so. Thank you!Don't be sad. They're not going to pull people out of the waitlist until March so there's still hope!
Wow congratulations! What are your stats if you don't mind sharing?I’m STOKED!!! Dr. Lippmann called me on Friday! I interviewed January 19 so there’s still hope everyone!! This is my first acceptance! You could hear back at anytime!! Stay positive
I think I read that figure in the most recent ADEA book. Tuition + fees was like 330k and then adding living costs it comes to like 420k. But yeah it'll likely be a bit more over the years. At least we didn't hit 500 yet, quite a bargain if you ask meThat may not be very accurate. They will increase tuition every year and the one they listed on the website was two years ago. It depends on how much they increase every year and I will expect more than 450k in total maybe 480k.

Congrats 🙂 Can't wait to meet you all in the summer!I’m STOKED!!! Dr. Lippmann called me on Friday! I interviewed January 19 so there’s still hope everyone!! This is my first acceptance! You could hear back at anytime!! Stay positive
Did anyone got waitlisted or accepted at Nova? My status on ADEA ADSAS says waitlisted. However they haven't emailed or called, 🙁
I am in the same boat. My status on ADEA AADSAS got changed to wait listed, but I didn't hear anything from the school. My interview was on Jan 10th though.
There is nothing I can do about it, so I will just stay positive.
Waitlisted as well, no notice other than AADSAS status changed
Interviewed on January 4th
Interviewed on January 4th
OMG thats amazing!! congrats!! you definitely deserve it 🙂I’m STOKED!!! Dr. Lippmann called me on Friday! I interviewed January 19 so there’s still hope everyone!! This is my first acceptance! You could hear back at anytime!! Stay positive
I would love to go to nova. its my top choice. just waiting to hear back now. ahh. would you mind sharing stats and more importantly what extra curricular, job shadowing, dental experience you had? thanks!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think I read that figure in the most recent ADEA book. Tuition + fees was like 330k and then adding living costs it comes to like 420k. But yeah it'll likely be a bit more over the years. At least we didn't hit 500 yet, quite a bargain if you ask me![]()
Tuition is about the same for most private schools, so I have no choice as I got accepted to 2 private schoools but I am very excited about going to NOVA!
OMG thats amazing!! congrats!! you definitely deserve it 🙂
I would love to go to nova. its my top choice. just waiting to hear back now. ahh. would you mind sharing stats and more importantly what extra curricular, job shadowing, dental experience you had? thanks!!
I have a 3.5ogpa and 3.4sgpa with a 24 AA!Wow congratulations! What are your stats if you don't mind sharing?
I also did like 200 hrs of dental shadowing and 200 hrs of volunteering and community involvement! Hope this helps
I’m STOKED!!! Dr. Lippmann called me on Friday! I interviewed January 19 so there’s still hope everyone!! This is my first acceptance! You could hear back at anytime!! Stay positive
Happy to meet future classmate! You will be really happy at NOVA and will become a great dentist!
Are in from Florida ? or Where r you from?
I’m from Cali! So completely new yet similar atmosphere!!Happy to meet future classmate! You will be really happy at NOVA and will become a great dentist!
Are in from Florida ? or Where r you from?
What other school did you get accepted to? If you don't mind me askingTuition is about the same for most private schools, so I have no choice as I got accepted to 2 private schoools but I am very excited about going to NOVA!
yes there is and there is a tuition reduction as well.Do you guys know if there is a great chance to get off of the wait list if you are a Florida resident?
Yep, at least not half million yet. Half million is crazy and if those schools don’t control their rate of increase, no one would wanna be a dentist in the future cuz in 10-15 years, you need to pay 1M for dental school. Crazy huh.I think I read that figure in the most recent ADEA book. Tuition + fees was like 330k and then adding living costs it comes to like 420k. But yeah it'll likely be a bit more over the years. At least we didn't hit 500 yet, quite a bargain if you ask me![]()
Giving up my spot, good luck everyone!!!
When were you accepted if you don’t mind me asking!
December 1stWhen were you accepted if you don’t mind me asking!
Any movement?
I think movement will be after March 15th
I think movement will be after March 15th
I think so too , more acceptance will be after March 15 because we have to pay 2nd installment by March 15
Is the second payment for the individuals who were excepted in February, or for everyone since December 1? Also may I ask how much each payment costs?I think so too , more acceptance will be after March 15 because we have to pay 2nd installment by March 15
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
there are 2 payments of $1000 one in Jan or Feb and 2nd in March. If you get accepted after then, I think they give you a week to make paymentIs the second payment for the individuals who were excepted in February, or for everyone since December 1? Also may I ask how much each payment costs?
Once you get an acceptance they’ll send you an email about how to submit your deposit. The first due date is relative to when you get the letter but the second deposit of $1000 is due for everyone on March 15there are 2 payments of $1000 one in Jan or Feb and 2nd in March. If you get accepted after then, I think they give you a week to make payment
Is there like a Facebook group or something for the class of ‘22? If so how do you join? Much appreciated, thanks!
Is there like a Facebook group or something for the class of ‘22? If so how do you join? Much appreciated, thanks!
Log into Facebook | Facebook
Cool! Thanks! Just requested to join!!
No 🙁 I pray every nightDid anyone get an acceptance call this week?
I know we can, technically, get accepted up until the first day of school, but realistically should I start planning a gap year if I don't hear back by April?
This is off topic but does anyone know if there are summer breaks at NOVA? some dental schools have a month or 2 after 1st year only and some do not any.
The waiting list is not ranked. I don't know how many people are on it though.Does anyone know how many people are in the waiting list and also is it ranked?
The waiting list is not ranked. I don't know how many people are on it though.
I would think no more than 1/3 of the class size at the most. With how big the class size is I would think maybe even smaller like 1/4 but this is purely speculation
Like 50 people? That would be great if that's the case lolI would think no more than 1/3 of the class size at the most. With how big the class size is I would think maybe even smaller like 1/4 but this is purely speculation
This is off topic but does anyone know if there are summer breaks at NOVA? some dental schools have a month or 2 after 1st year only and some do not any.
The first summer break is 3 weeks long. Every year after that it virtually gets shorter.
Like 50 people? That would be great if that's the case lol
After my interview I spoke to a lady in admissions and she said that usually they make an offer right away when a spot opens up (so it all depends on when someone declines the admission offer). Only in January there is most movement and they take large number of people from WL and after March they only have few random spots available but they will accept until the orientation day which is usually Aug 1st. She said people mostly tell them right away that they are going someplace else ( not necessary waiting for a deposit day)so it is kind of a chain reaction. They aim at having a full class each year. As admission office is not that busy anymore I would suggest updating them on anything new that pertains to your application or even emailing Dr. Lippman. There is a ranking on WL but it is not rigid and before a call/offer is made Dr Lippman makes a decision whom to call and then it has to be approved by Dean Linda Niessen. Also during my interview I was told that they value sciences GPA the most so if you got an A last semester in a science course let Dr. Lippman know.
Best of luck to all on WL, hope to see you on Aug 1st.
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Nova has one of the largest waitlists, unfortunately. Not sure if it’s ranked. But I believe the waitlist is around 200 right now. Of course, that will change with the next wave of acceptances. I’m in Barry’s Master program and the program coordinator told me this because she knows some people in admissions. Good luck to you all!
I think the largest WL from all dental schools is at UDM with over 500 on WL at start and now in February still at ~ 290 applicants on WL.Nova has one of the largest waitlists, unfortunately. Not sure if it’s ranked. But I believe the waitlist is around 200 right now. Of course, that will change with the next wave of acceptances. I’m in Barry’s Master program and the program coordinator told me this because she knows some people in admissions. Good luck to you all!
Nova has one of the largest waitlists, unfortunately. Not sure if it’s ranked. But I believe the waitlist is around 200 right now. Of course, that will change with the next wave of acceptances. I’m in Barry’s Master program and the program coordinator told me this because she knows some people in admissions. Good luck to you all!
Last edited:
I was told bu Dr Lippman during interview so. If you dont get acceptance, you are waitlisted automatically. Im sure there are about 300 WL maybe alot more.Has anyone been rejected after an interview at NOVA? I thought they just waitlist and not reject people that deem not fit for their program after the interview.
That is what I assumed as well. Also, since they interviewed more than 500 candidates I am sure the waitlist is a lot longer than 300.I was told bu Dr Lippman during interview so. If you dont get acceptance, you are waitlisted automatically. Im sure there are about 300 WL maybe alot more.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 27
- Views
- 10K
- Replies
- 65
- Views
- 20K