*** The Official Nova Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Ricer7

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone! Nova is starting to give invites out, so post updates here! Good luck to everyone!

:)

Link to interview prep: Nova Southeastern University College of Dental Medicine Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants! :)

Last year's thread: *** The Official Nova Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

*edited by the staff to include a link to last year's thread

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 user
Interview #2
School: Nova Southeastern
Notification date: 6/21/19
Method of notification: Email
Residency: Texas
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/11
Application complete date: 6/14
GPA (science, overall): 3.7, 3.9
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/20/20/24/none

Good luck to everyone! Interview option dates were Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday every week in August.

Last edited:
Has any of the rumors about administration at Nova being terrible been cleared up? It's one of the main reasons why I didn't apply there, but seeing these invites go out makes me think I should have.

Members don't see this ad :)
Mine says "invited for interview", but another school where I have an interview as well says "received/under review".

Mine says "invited for interview", but another school where I have an interview as well says "received/under review".

Some schools will update AADSAS but others will only update their own portal. What date is your interview? Mine is 8/6!

Some schools will update AADSAS but others will only update their own portal. What date is your interview? Mine is 8/6!
Awesome! I scheduled mine for 14th! Good luck :)

Has any of the rumors about administration at Nova being terrible been cleared up? It's one of the main reasons why I didn't apply there, but seeing these invites go out makes me think I should have.
I would really take the hearsay on SDN with a grain of salt. If you secure an interview, ask the students when you get a chance. Usually, they'll be honest with you. I applied anyway since everyone "got scared" and didn't apply.

I would really take the hearsay on SDN with a grain of salt. If you secure an interview, ask the students when you get a chance. Usually, they'll be honest with you. I applied anyway since everyone "got scared" and didn't apply.
I spoke to a student who did their undergrad at NSU and was accepted to their dental program, and they said it was a cheating scandal that made professors crack down and make harder exams, but they have friends who go there and love it.

Reactions: 1 users
I spoke to a student who did their undergrad at NSU and was accepted to their dental program, and they said it was a cheating scandal that made professors crack down and make harder exams, but they have friends who go there and love it.
Thanks for that. Makes me glad I applied now. Doesn't matter which school you go to. At the end of the day, you're still a dentist when you graduate.

Reactions: 1 users
I just got a call from nova just to confirm my application and to tell me that they are starting the processing now...

Did anyone get this call too?

I just got a call from nova just to confirm my application and to tell me that they are starting the processing now...

Did anyone get this call too?
Hi! Yes, received this call yesterday. I actually got a call 2 weeks ago when they received my supplement but at the time AADSAS hadnt sent them my app yet so they said it was pending. Then yesterday they confirmed it was well received. It seems as though after this call the decisions are made relatively quickly for some so I am hopeful to hear soon!

Members don't see this ad :)
Interview # 1
School: Nova
Notification date: 07/03/2019
Residency: OOS
AADSAS mail-out date: 06/26/2019
Application complete date: 07/01/2019
GPA (science, overall): 3.75, 3.80
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/any section below a 17): 21/21/19/None

Last edited:
Does anyone apply to Nova and receive an interview invitation as an international applicant so far? Thanks.

Interview # 1
Notification date: 07/08/2019
Residency: NJ
AADSAS mail-out date: 06/17/2019
Application complete date: 07/03/2019
GPA (science, overall): 3.93, 3.90
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/23/17/25/None

Hi! Yes, received this call yesterday. I actually got a call 2 weeks ago when they received my supplement but at the time AADSAS hadnt sent them my app yet so they said it was pending. Then yesterday they confirmed it was well received. It seems as though after this call the decisions are made relatively quickly for some so I am hopeful to hear soon!
can you keep us updated on the time line. It seems to be the order in which they do things. I received the same call from them yesterday and I am curious the average time it is taking them to make a decision on a interview.

It is relatively quick from when you receive the call. I got the call in July 3, and with the holiday weekend in between, I got an email for interview on the 8th.
can you keep us updated on the time line. It seems to be the order in which they do things. I received the same call from them yesterday and I am curious the average time it is taking them to make a decision on a interview.

After you apply, do you wait for an email for a link for the supplemental application or is it easily accessible online?

They will send you a link once they receive your AADSAS application. But you can also find it online yourself. If you do it yourself, they will inform you with a call telling you that they haven't received your AADSAS application yet.

Yeah of course. So I received my application complete call on July 2nd. I was offered (and accepted) an interview on the 5th! So, three day turn-around.

Does NSU send out rejections? or does everyone that's not invited for an interview just go into a waitlist?

Does NSU send out rejections? or does everyone that's not invited for an interview just go into a waitlist?

They will send out rejections and everyone interviewed is either accepted or interviewed.

If all else fails, we"ll just start our own school
With blackjack and hookers...
Internet_20190717_184347.jpeg.jpeg

Does anyone apply to Nova and receive an interview invitation as an international applicant so far? Thanks.

I did. My stats are very average but maybe it will give some people reassurance:

Interview # 1
Notification date: 06/26/2019
Residency: international (non-canadian)
AADSAS mail-out date: 06/21/2019
Application complete date: 06/22/2019
GPA (science, overall): 3.51, 3.60
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/19/21/21/ got 17 in Bio

any other international students?? :)

Reactions: 7 users
Interview for 08/28 :) good luck in the cycle everyone!
Do you mind sharing when did you hear from them after receiving the phone call that your file is complete? I got a call last week but haven’t heard back since. Thank you and good luck for your interview :) you got this!

Is anyone interviewing 8/6?

My application was verified on June 23, and I've not received any welcome email from NSU yet...

My application was verified on June 23, and I've not received any welcome email from NSU yet...

Not even one to confirm they have received your AADSAS? I would call and ask because I got that the day after I submitted my AADSAS. And then the day after that I got an email saying they have received all my letters.

I did too!

Interview # 1
Residency: International (non-canadian)
AADSAS mail-out date: 06/18/2019
Application complete date: 06/28/2019
GPA (science, overall): 3.95, 3.94
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 25/21/25/27/NA

I did too!

Interview # 1
Residency: International (non-canadian)
AADSAS mail-out date: 06/18/2019
Application complete date: 06/28/2019
GPA (science, overall): 3.95, 3.94
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 25/21/25/27/NA
Thanks for your reply! Best of luck!

Got an interview invite today. I got the application review phone call on 7/24, for reference!

I submitted on aadsas on 7/19 and did the supplemental on 7/20

Im hoping i didnt "mess up" on it. I was honest and listed all of the 14 schools i applied to. Hopefully that wont hurt me

Posting this way late:

Interview # 1
Notification date: 07/05/2019
Residency: Massachusetts
AADSAS mail-out date: 06/20/2019
Application verified date: 06/25/2019
Application Received from Nova (email): 06/28/2019
Call from Nova indicating app complete: 07/02/2019
GPA (science, overall): 3.47, 3.53
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/22/19/23/None
Interview Date: 09/05/2019

Good luck everyone!!!

Do you mind sharing when did you hear from them after receiving the phone call that your file is complete? I got a call last week but haven’t heard back since. Thank you and good luck for your interview :) you got this!
I believe I got the call and a week later I got an interview. But for context I submitted my application on opening day and all they were waiting for was my DAT score so maybe that’s why I got it so quickly after. I’m sure you’ll hear back soon!

Wonder if the interviews here are really as laid back as I hear...