You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
*** The Official Nova Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***
Started by Ricer7
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
The class is full, but there will probably be a couple spots that open up before school starts as people commit to one school out of the few they put down deposits for. Don’t lose all hope, but I would say the chances of hearing back now are a bit lowI wonder if no one has heard anyone at this point; I am assuming that the class is filled?
Do you think our classes will begin online?🤔
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
desperatefordental
Full Member
Does anyone have the cost of attendance tuition fee break down? Such as for books, board and living, etc. I can’t seem to find it on the website or know who to contact to find the break down of it. I’m trying to see how much I can afford for apartments. Thanks!
Just curious, if you’re not currently in school (like me) & volunteering has stopped due to COVID-19, what do you suggest updating the school on if you’re on the waitlist?
Since I’m not in school currently I was only able to update them with volunteer experience. So I would put the organization and then the event I participated in and my role. In every email I pretty much reiterated that I wanted to go there.
There’s tons of online volunteer opportunities. I can send you some links later if you’d like?Just curious, if you’re not currently in school (like me) & volunteering has stopped due to COVID-19, what do you suggest updating the school on if you’re on the waitlist?
Yes please!!!There’s tons of online volunteer opportunities. I can send you some links later if you’d like?
Has anyone been able to apply to any loans aside from fafsa? And is there a fb group yet? Thanks
PMed you! 🙂Has anyone been able to apply to any loans aside from fafsa? And is there a fb group yet? Thanks
desperatefordental
Full Member
Is anyone having problems with obtaining their immunization paperworks and getting their physical examination? All of the offices in my State is currently closed or is limiting their appointments.
Pink.Flamingo
Full Member
Those of you waitlisted, have you spoken to admissions within the last couple of weeks? I'm not sure how to contact them or if their offices are opened.
You have time to complete those requirements until July, and admissions may even consider giving you extra time. Due to the pandemic, they have to be flexible as it is out of the applicants' control. Immunization records can be requested via phone and easily picked up at the front desk. The physical is a short exam; I didn't have any issue scheduling it after I said the reason for it. 🙂Is anyone having problems with obtaining their immunization paperworks and getting their physical examination? All of the offices in my State is currently closed or is limiting their appointments.
If anyone is looking for a place to live for their 1st year. I am renting a 2 bedrooms in a 3 bedroom 2 bath house in Fort Lauderdale. The location is incredible on a fresh water spring (swimable), about a mile from the beach and a 1.5miles from downtown. It's a great place to relax and study, I lived here through dental school and residency and found it to be a relaxing spot to unwind but still get work done. Only downside is it's about 25 minutes from NOVA CDM. $1050tmon for the bedroom on the water. $950/ month for the other room. I will be using the 3rd bedroom 8-10 nights a month when I'm in town. PM me for more info. -Adam
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
July 28th is the 1st day of orientation. Pending things don’t change because of COVID.Does anyone know when Nova’s incoming class starts this year?
Curtain2020
New Member
So has anyone else who was interviewed still not heard anything back? Are they just not sending denial letters this year? I'm assuming if we still haven't heard a word we are not getting in with the program starting soon
Everyone I know got waitlisted and heard nothing after. I don't know anyone that got rejected after interview. Really annoying.
desperatefordental
Full Member
Hey guys,
Do you guys know if an acceptance can be revoked if the students doesn't provide all vaccination paperworks in time? I am trying to get my vaccinations done but Florida is HORRIBLE right now. All offices, clinics, and hospitals are filled to capacity with COVID-19 testing and treatments. I finally got my first dose done yesterday but have to wait 4 more weeks for a second dose. Do you guys know anyone in a similar situation before?
Do you guys know if an acceptance can be revoked if the students doesn't provide all vaccination paperworks in time? I am trying to get my vaccinations done but Florida is HORRIBLE right now. All offices, clinics, and hospitals are filled to capacity with COVID-19 testing and treatments. I finally got my first dose done yesterday but have to wait 4 more weeks for a second dose. Do you guys know anyone in a similar situation before?
You just have to have started the process before school starts. ForHey guys,
Do you guys know if an acceptance can be revoked if the students doesn't provide all vaccination paperworks in time? I am trying to get my vaccinations done but Florida is HORRIBLE right now. All offices, clinics, and hospitals are filled to capacity with COVID-19 testing and treatments. I finally got my first dose done yesterday but have to wait 4 more weeks for a second dose. Do you guys know anyone in a similar situation before?
One of them you have to get a 3rd one 6 months after the 2nd.
Curtain2020
New Member
As one of the hundreds of people who interviewed and then never heard anything back, have classes started yet? I'd like to know so I can 100% verify I was denied haha
I recently recieved an invite for an interview at NSU, I was wondering why did you choose nova against NYU and tufts?Received an invite for an interview (7/9).
I was wondering why did you choose to go to NSU over the other schools?Received an invite for an interview (7/9).
Jan 3rd is the day! Just enjoy the holiday for now guys
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Similar threads
- Replies
- 27
- Views
- 10K
- Replies
- 65
- Views
- 20K