*** The Official Nova Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Started by Ricer7
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Your stats show improvement, which is great! Definitely keep in touch with Dr.lippman and you will be set.


So NOVA's averages for accepted students are: GPA= 3.8 & DAT= 20.7

and now NOVA ranks #10 from all dental schools for academics of accepted students ( and #1 in Florida) with Harvard as #1 for all US dental schools (GPA=3.95 and DAT=23).

I would focus on schools that match your stats like Tufts ( GPA=3.5 DAT=19.8 ), which is also a very good dental school.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
So NOVA's averages for accepted students are: GPA= 3.8 & DAT= 20.7

and now NOVA ranks #10 from all dental schools for academics of accepted students ( and #1 in Florida) with Harvard as #1 for all US dental schools (GPA=3.95 and DAT=23).

I would focus on schools that match your stats like Tufts ( GPA=3.5 DAT=19.8 ), which is also a very good dental school.
where did you get this info from?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You get lunch. Water, chips, and a big sandwich of your choice. They'll email you about dietary restrictions close to you interview date.
 
Interview # 1
School: Nova
Notification date: 09/10/2019
Method of notification: Email
Residency: In-state
AADSAS mail-out date: 08/19/2019
Application complete date: 08/20/2019 (Didn’t have my official DAT scores verified until 08/28 but they weren’t posted to my application until 09/13, but they used by unofficial scores)
GPA (science, overall): 3.43, 3.33
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/21/21/24/none
 
Did anyone bring a notepad for the interview? Or an updated resume? Also does anyone know if there is a place to store luggage on campus (i have to fly out right after my interview) thank you
 
Did anyone bring a notepad for the interview? Or an updated resume? Also does anyone know if there is a place to store luggage on campus (i have to fly out right after my interview) thank you
I didn't bring my portfolio to the interview (I forgot it in my car ;/) they give you a little notebook and pen and a lunch bag. I'm sure they have a spot to store luggage
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did anyone else got an email for an open house from the today? I have already interviewed there.

I'm pretty sure everyone who applied received one. Doubt they expect us to attend open house and interview. A bit difficult to do for OOS applicants.
 
Rejection
School: Nova Southeastern
Notification date: 10/5
Method of notification: Snail mail
Residency: Virginia
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/5
Application complete date: 6/17
GPA (science, overall): 3.41, 3.32
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/RC/any section below a 17): 20/20/22/22/none
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Rejected today via a letter in the mail. (not an e-mail). My aadsas status still says under review if you're wondering... sigh. Better luck next time for me :/
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My interview is on Nov. 20.
This is my first choice of university and my first interview ever so I am super nervous.
I am quite an introvert too. For anyone that has gone through the interview already, do you have any advice for me?
 
My interview is on Nov. 20.
This is my first choice of university and my first interview ever so I am super nervous.
I am quite an introvert too. For anyone that has gone through the interview already, do you have any advice for me?
I had my interview at NOVA at the end of August. The interview day was very relaxed. We had time to get to know the different individuals in our interview group. We were then introduced to 2 current students that gave us a tour of the campus and answered our questions and then we ate lunch. The actual 1-1 interviews were very laid back. The interview is open file and consisted of your normal "why dentistry, why NOVA" ect. It was very conversational and felt like I was speaking with someone who was very interested in what I had to say. I also had the opportunity to ask questions about the school. Overall, it was an amazing day. I think the total time I was there was about 3-4 hours. The day went by very quickly.
 
I had my interview at NOVA at the end of August. The interview day was very relaxed. We had time to get to know the different individuals in our interview group. We were then introduced to 2 current students that gave us a tour of the campus and answered our questions and then we ate lunch. The actual 1-1 interviews were very laid back. The interview is open file and consisted of your normal "why dentistry, why NOVA" ect. It was very conversational and felt like I was speaking with someone who was very interested in what I had to say. I also had the opportunity to ask questions about the school. Overall, it was an amazing day. I think the total time I was there was about 3-4 hours. The day went by very quickly.
Do you like nova during your interview? During the why nova? Part of the interview, what were some things that you stated? I like the campus from my research so far but I would like some other people opinions in this program as well since I can’t really find any opinions from current students that goes there online. Thank you
 
In previous year’s threads people’s statuses changed on their portal few days before December 1st. Do you think this will happen this year as well?